Sign in to follow this  
Mike

The Trek Life

New Feature Premieres: "The Trek Life" Comic Strip

Preview the first three episodes of "The Trek Life."

What happens when you merge two great passions — cartooning and Star Trek? Today we're very excited to bring you a "sneak preview" of a new regular feature on STARTREK.COM called "The Trek Life," written and conceived by award-winning cartoonist David Reddick.

"The Trek Life" comic strip is a light-hearted look at three childhood friends, Carl, Steve and Kate ... just regular people who go about their day-to-day lives and share one great thing in common: they're Star Trek fans!

They are fans at different levels: Carl is the fanatic, while Steve is more reserved and Kate is new to the world of fandom. "The Trek Life" follows these fans and friends through their work, home and friendships as they discuss Star Trek in all its incarnations, often talking about timely Trek news or events. Star Trek is simply part of their daily lives.

StarTrek.com

Animation is good. Amusing. Trek-based. I like it. :cheers:

How often are the strips released?

Edited by sea trooper

How often are the strips released?

Not sure how often they will be released. I'm hoping daily once they get started..

They're not exactly laugh-out-loud funny, but those 3 strips were still pretty good. Looking forward to more of them. :cheers:

Have you guys heard of this yet? Here’s the article

What happens when you merge two great passions — cartooning and Star Trek? Today we're very excited to bring you a "sneak preview" of a new regular feature on STARTREK.COM called "The Trek Life," written and conceived by award-winning cartoonist David Reddick.

"The Trek Life" comic strip is a light-hearted look at three childhood friends, Carl, Steve and Kate ... just regular people who go about their day-to-day lives and share one great thing in common: they're Star Trek fans!

They are fans at different levels: Carl is the fanatic, while Steve is more reserved and Kate is new to the world of fandom. "The Trek Life" follows these fans and friends through their work, home and friendships as they discuss Star Trek in all its incarnations, often talking about timely Trek news or events. Star Trek is simply part of their daily lives.

About the Artist

David Reddick is an award-winning cartoonist whose work has appeared in newspapers, magazines and books nationwide. He spent 6 years as the staff cartoonist and newsroom artist for a daily newspaper, and now writes and draws for the "Garfield" comic strip. David served four years in the U.S. Navy, three of which were spent in Okinawa, Japan.

An extreme Star Trek fan since childhood, "The Trek Life" represents a merging of David's two greatest passions into one.

We plan to launch the regular strip of "The Trek Life" starting the week of August 8. In the meantime, we hope you like these first three episodes to inaugurate the feature.

Here are the first three comics, they are great!

Click For Spoiler
treklife0013do.gif

Click For Spoiler
treklife0023ah.gif

Click For Spoiler
treklife0039re.gif

I heard of it when I saw the other thread about it :yawn:. But it starts on Monday? Great! I'll be there!

I saw that on the homepage of st.com The TreK life "(those first 3 comic strips were amusing") thanks for putting them up Gamera .

:yawn::yawn: :lol: :lol:

I can't see why anybody would be offended by the comics.

I quite like them, they're funny.

I can't see why anybody would be offended by the comics.

I quite like them, they're funny.

345543[/snapback]

Frankly, I find the very idea that someone finds these offensive a bit hilarious...

Unless they give good reason as to why they find it to be this way, I can't spot how myself...

Well... it's just that I feel that it's another stabe at Trek fans... but, I normally wrong. So, as long as it doesn't turn out to be a comic the bashes I'll read it.

Well... it's just that I feel that it's another stabe at Trek fans... but, I normally wrong. So, as long as it doesn't turn out to be a comic the bashes I'll read it.

345666[/snapback]

The first time I read them I thought "Hmm, what's this? Hope it's not meant as a mockery." I read them again, and now I think they're pretty funny!

Like you said, as long as they don't turn into bashing, I'll keep reading. :thumbup:

I just can't see how you'd find these offensive in anyway, personally I just think you're being over-sensitive. They're made by Star Trek fans for Star Trek fans and are only shown on Star Trek websites.

Sorry but, after 13 years of being bashed for being a Star Trek fan I see a lot of things that might be offensive but really aren't.

I just can't see how you'd find these offensive in anyway, personally I just think you're being over-sensitive. They're made by Star Trek fans for Star Trek fans and are only shown on Star Trek websites.

345675[/snapback]

You're right, :lol: I can be a little sensitive about "Trek jokes" sometimes, due to the reactions I've gotten at work when my co-workers find out I'm a fan. It's either something like "Wow, that's weird for a woman to like Trek", or they give me a sweet, condescending smile as if they're thinking "Aw, you're a little Trekkie-poo? Isn't that adoreable!" :yawn: Oh well, that's their problem. And I've been working on the "lighten up, already!" philosophy. Hmm, these comics will come in handy for that! :yawn:

Since I've read the comics a few times, and since they're at ST.com, I now think they're pretty funny! :lol:

Best Trek comic I've ever read. Also, only Trek comic I've ever read.

Best Trek comic I've ever read. Also, only Trek comic I've ever read.

345690[/snapback]

You're missing out on Sev Trek comics! :yawn: Edited by DrWho42

Definately have a look at the Sev Treks, all very funny, I bought one of the strips last year.

Carl sound's like spacetigger! :hug: JK! I wanna go meet some slave girls....

Wooaaahhh! Now wait just a sec..Just cause I'm going to the convention and I like green Orion girls...On second thought.. :lol: