Sign in to follow this  
enterprisegame

ENTERPRISE Video Game: Special Edition (FREE)

FAQ-screen-04.gif

Hello fellow Star Trek fans!

Last April I made a free PC game based on Star Trek Enterprise. Over 5,000 people have downloaded the game since then, and many of you sent me suggestions for an updated version. Now, with the help of StarTrekGames.cz, there is an all-new Special Edition of Enterprise: The Game!

This version has new unlockable ships, different weapons, a new mini-game, a new intro movie, and a whole lot more! The only catch is the game’s dialogue is written in Czech, since it was made specifically for StarTrekGames.cz, a Czech website.

Even if you’re not a fan of “Enterprise”, this game allows you to play as Capt.Kirk’s NCC-1701, Picard’s Enterprise-D, and more! The fast-paced, arcade action will test your skills against a massive armada of Klingons and Romulans!

The game is of course FREE for everyone, and is available for direct download here:

DOWNLOAD NOW!

And you can visit the game’s website at www.enterprisethegame.com for the American version.

Edited by enterprisegame

I've made a game like this...I've been thinking about re-uploading it to this forum.

Looks good, but it seems to me like you joined just to brag about your game. :lol:

EDIT: 'Unexpected error occured.' I know what it means...it mean you used GM (depending on the case, there's nothing wrong with that) and I need to restart my computer before it'll work.

EDIT2: Ok, now that I know you only joined to show us your game (hence your SN,) I don't mind criticizing this.

Pros:

=/\= Good intro

=/\= nice opening/closing graphics

=/\= fun to play!

=/\= constant action

=/\= a few neat features

=/\= small file size

=/\= upgradeable ships

Cons:

=/\= Whole of game scripts were stolen from another game made with the same program (1945)

=/\= re-used graphics from 1945

=/\= even re-used some sound effects from 1945

=/\= spent more time making the menu and opening sequence look good than the game itself

=/\= put minimum amount of effort into it

=/\= aside from the changing of ships, didn't really add anything to the game he based it from, which was a short demo game that came with the program he uses. The original purpose of this demo game was for mere guidance.

Edited by Eratosthenes

It's interresting to see a person with a post that has a post count of 0.

And shouldn't this be in the arcade section?

Edited by wishfire

To: Eratosthenes –

You seem like a rather combative person. I didn’t join to advertise my game. I have been coming here for a while now. I don’t post that much under my usual name unless I have something worthwhile to add to a discussion. And yes, I am sharing a game I made based on Star Trek with other Star Trek fans. I’m not making any money off it, so what’s the problem with that?

Pros:

=/\= Good intro

=/\= nice opening/closing graphics

=/\= fun to play!

=/\= constant action

=/\= a few neat features

=/\= small file size

=/\= upgradeable ships

Thanks.

FAQ-screen-01.gif

=/\= Whole of game scripts were stolen from another game made with the same program (1945)

I did use 1945 as an example to understand the mechanics of the in-game movement and scoring. After I understood it I started from scratch. I could list several paragraphs about how this game is different and unique, and probably only a sentence or two about how it’s similar, but I won’t do that.

And "stolen" is pretty harsh, considering the fact that they encourage you to base games on those examples. And that's just what I did. FYI, there are no scripts in 1945, it was made using the regular functions available in the app. My game is loaded with scripts however that were thought out completely by me.

=/\= re-used graphics from 1945

Completely untrue, these are 100% new graphics.

=/\= even re-used some sound effects from 1945

Nope.

=/\= spent more time making the menu and opening sequence look good than the game itself

I spent a long time making this game. If you actually play it through you will see how much effort went into it. There is also a new side-scrolling mini game that opens after you beat the game and watch the ending movie sequence (10k points). There’s tons of hidden goodies, but I won’t give them away. Finding them is part of the fun.

FAQ-screen-03.gif

=/\= put minimum amount of effort into it

Thanks a lot.

--------------------------------------

To everyone else, the English version is available at www.enterprisethegame.com. It has voice clips from the show and other features not in the Czech version, but the mini-game and some ships are not in it.

Edited by enterprisegame

:clap: Sorry, I was way too harsh. And I, admittedly, have done the exact same thing. I wish I could edit out my comments, that was very rude of me...something random just sets me off every now and then. I'm not usually very combative.

Hopefully our relationship can mend.

Click For Spoiler
My previous post is nearly the polar opposite of my normal self.

Click For Spoiler
Actually, I may have been jealous that you got over 5,000 people to download it. :yahoo: Where'd you post it? :roflmao: The most I've ever gotten for anything is about 200!
Edited by Eratosthenes

Don't worry about it.

I wonder why it says I have zero posts? Does anyone else see that?

342307[/snapback]

It's because certain boards, like this one, do not add to your post count.

Hey, you got an English translation for everything it says?

Edited by wishfire