Sign in to follow this  
Angela

London Rocked by Bomb Blasts

I know that at the moment there are several different terrorist organisations making a claim to the bombings and suggesting some sort of victory. I think it should be noted that London has stood up to the terrors of the blitzkrieg (not to mention the IRA), so if the might of the Nazi regime that walked across Europe could not defeat the strength and resolve of the people of London, and of Great Britain as a whole, then I think those responsible for today’s events are much mistaken in their assertions and have a very long way to go before destroying our way of life and enjoyment of democratic freedom.

I know that at the moment there are several different terrorist organisations making a claim to the bombings and suggesting some sort of victory. I think it should be noted that London has stood up to the terrors of the blitzkrieg (not to mention the IRA), so if the might of the Nazi regime that walked across Europe could not defeat the strength and resolve of the people of London, and of Great Britain as a whole, then I think those responsible for today’s events are much mistaken in their assertions and have a very long way to go before destroying our way of life and enjoyment of democratic freedom.

337892[/snapback]

I agree, TM. THe Terrorists don't realise yet what they've just done. some might say that yes, they won a battle in the war, but they are about to get a very large and heavy hammer dropped on the.

By the way, I just saw on the news some of the headlines from the British Newspapers. one headline simply reads: "Bastards!"

I too am saddened by what England has suffered. My condolences to England, its people and our English board members for what has happened to your country.

I also see something eerily familiar with the timing of the bombs. I too wondered if it was somehow connected to the timing of the Olympic announcement.

337892[/snapback]

I agree, TM. THe Terrorists don't realise yet what they've just done. some might say that yes, they won a battle in the war, but they are about to get a very large and heavy hammer dropped on the.

By the way, I just saw on the news some of the headlines from the British Newspapers. one headline simply reads: "Bastards!"

337918[/snapback]

Absolutely I agree with that headline. it is absolutely how I feel. I could have easily, were it not for having to make a phone call at 9am have been caught up in one of those inccidents.they are gonna find out what Londoners really feel like, some of us already would love to get out mits on them and play pat a cake with them, if you get me!

What a despicable attack. The terrorists are fools to think that Londoners would submit to their intimidation.

My condolences to those who suffered during this act cowardice.

I couldn't believe it when I turned on the TV yesterday morning. Only a few hours earlier we had been celebrating the olympic win.

This morning they say at least 37 people have died and 700 are injured, they think that the number of fatalities will rise. There are still families that have not heard from their loved ones. I can not begin to imagine what the families of the dead, injured or missing are feeling.

My heart goes out to the people who were involved and their families.

Latest unconfirmed News

around 27 dead the most under kings cross station, last night the dead there were numbered at 21, these have since been delt with, new figures of new recovered bodies are that the fire service is expecting an additional 20 bodies at least to be recovered today.

rough total of injured according to one paper is that the figure rests at 743. According to said paper there is thought to have been 75 dead in total, these figures have not been confimed and could either go down or rise.

Speaking as a London resident, working not far from Aldgate itself, I found the whole thing scarey and just a little bit frightening.

In all of this one has to remember that terrorists will try and destroy our way of life and that we must never surrender those freedoms we hold dear to us - I am at work today and will continue to work - sending a message to these people London is our city - we will not be frightened from it by these horrific attacks. This is our city not theirs to destroy.