it is a spoof, but it doesn't come out and make fun of the fans. Tim Allen is a Trek fan, so the joke is on him as well. That is one thing that makes the movie work, Allen doesn't over-do the captain role

I missed GQ at the theaters but got the DVD the day it went on sale.

Hilarious spoof of Trek, a must see. Good special effects too.

I love the movie. My favorite parts are the parts involving fans at the cons and the "geeks" that guide Tim Allen and Sirgourney Weaver through the bowels of the ship near the end.

As an aside,Over the years I have met fans that are that fanatical and have actually asked the actors technical questions about the ships like they are real. Makes me wonder some days.

The majority of fans are normal people except for the few that give us all a bad name especially when the news crews show up to find "geeks" to put on the evening news.

Something I didn't realize until I watched the special features of the DVD is that the teenaged fan Brandon is also the Mac Guy from the Mac commercials.

119618440646-get-a-mac.jpg

Lol no, "You lost me" was the next line.

lol exactly, I tried to post that reply from school but the school's computer would only let me read and not reply.

I was assured that I was free to post here, so please, no hate mail....but I do not understand the fascination with this movie. Sure, there were a few funny scenese, but really didn't find all that entertaining.Sorry!

I was assured that I was free to post here, so please, no hate mail....but I do not understand the fascination with this movie. Sure, there were a few funny scenese, but really didn't find all that entertaining.Sorry!

You probably have to be a big Sci-Fi fan to really enjoy it as much as some of us do and to get a lot of the humor.

Personally I love the movie and laugh at it just as much each time I watch it as the last time I watched it. After you've watched it 7 or 8 more times you'll get into it more...

Nope, it's not required to be a big sci-fi fan to love the movie. I'm not into sci-fi at all (TOS and TNG being the only exceptions), but I loved it, too. ;)

You probably have to be a big Sci-Fi fan to really enjoy it as much as some of us do and to get a lot of the humor.

Personally I love the movie and laugh at it just as much each time I watch it as the last time I watched it. After you've watched it 7 or 8 more times you'll get into it more...

There won't be a 7th or 8th time...

That is what you say now, but you have already stated that VBG is sneaky. We will ask how many times you have watched it in a couple of years.

That is what you say now, but you have already stated that VBG is sneaky. We will ask how many times you have watched it in a couple of years.

He doesn't need any encouragement!

All I have to do is splice it into "Kick-Ass" and you won't have any choice but to watch it over and over.

All I have to do is splice it into "Kick-Ass" and you won't have any choice but to watch it over and over.

Don't you dare ruin that movie for me!

Don't you dare ruin that movie for me!

Why? You would never like a movie about superheroes... would you?

We need a "HitGirl" smilie...

For starters, I agree, a Hit Girl smilie would be outrageous. Second...nice try sneaking Galaxy Quest onto your server and labeling it as Survivor. I watched it until I heard the music start and knew immediately that you were messing with me. Third...superhero movies usually aren't my thing but I have to state that this movie was an exception..."Kick-Ass" is on my top ten of favorites right now. In fact, I was thinking about watching it again this weekend.

Second...nice try sneaking Galaxy Quest onto your server and labeling it as Survivor. I watched it until I heard the music start and knew immediately that you were messing with me.

I'd never do such a thing! ;)

I knew you'd like Kick-Ass. If I was 12 years old I'd have a mojor crush on Hit-Girl lol

Second...nice try sneaking Galaxy Quest onto your server and labeling it as Survivor. I watched it until I heard the music start and knew immediately that you were messing with me.

I knew you'd like Kick-Ass. If I was 12 years old I'd have a mojor crush on Hit-Girl lol

You would....you did....and now everybody knows it.

Not only do I like the movie but I want to be HitGirl when I grow up. She rocks.

One more thing....in your case that devil should be about 3 times bigger than that angel.

Galaxy Quest is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time. It's even better when you have friends in real life who you can quote it with.

I texted a friend asking where he was because I knew he was in the building but hadn't seen him. He answered:

Mak'tar stealth phase!