Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leonardnimoybabe

spock fans?

I think if you look at this thread, you'll find that there are a lot of Spock fans here. :flowers::eek:

Well, I truly am late to this thread. I've been so busy l haven't had time to come here and play, lol. But I must weigh in on this subject. I absolutely love and adore Spock. For me he is Star Trek. I've loved him from the beginning and it's been an ongoing "affair" for nearly forty years, lol. Sure glad my hubby is the understanding kind ... But seriously, Leonard Nimoy defined the role and defined Vulcans in general with his portrayal of the Spock character. He is the mold, the template, the type, despite his half-human nature, since he always strove to be more Vulcan than the average Vulcan. Through the eyes of Spock we came to know about his planet, its culture and what a rich heritage Vulcan brings to the Federation. I was so grateful for those glimpses and glad they delved even further with the movies. Yet, so much remains a mystery. As does Spock himself. Quiet, reserved, yet full of passion, he is constantly struggling to understand just who he is. When he reminds others he is incapable of emotions, it is merely a reminder to himself not to give into what he is feeling, to not let it show. Because as we have all learned Vulcans do have emotions, far stronger than any humans and it takes constant diligence and control to master them. I was glad by the end of the movies he seemed to have finally achieved a balance. He is the best of both worlds. Nimoy encapsulated that mamoth struggle in Spock. And as such, Spock is a reflection of all of us. What's not to like?

T'Bree

Guest Guest
You might say that I'm a spock fan :huh:

;) *drool* i love spockkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
SPOCK SPOCK SPOCK*chant*!

*End Transmission*

*drool, drool, drool, drool* :huh:

Guest Guest
And in answer to your question: Spock has only ever looked good once... when he had a beard.

:huh: you are crazy? ;) must be! ROTFLMAO! he is the most beautiful man on EARTH! and vulcan for that matter! :(