Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leonardnimoybabe

spock fans?

Yes, Spock was my favorite character on TOS. He tried to control his emotions. I need a chip to have emotions.    I admire ;)

I am just kidding. I know I am not really Data. ;)

lol... :) OK, if you say so... ;) ;)

Yah, I think :) is a cool guy, too. I liked the mix with the Capt. and the Doc "Bones". Great scrip lines for these characters. :(

I have loved Leonard Nimoy since always. His voice is so unique. From the Avengers to Star Trek to the narrator for the 70's series "In Search Of..." Great Guy!!

I have loved Leonard Nimoy since always.  His voice is so unique.  From the Avengers to Star Trek to the narrator for the 70's series "In Search Of..."  Great Guy!!

:) was in The Avengers. I guess I did not see enough of the show to notice. Yes, Leonard Nimoy was great in everything he did. At least the stuff I saw.

I have loved Leonard Nimoy since always.  His voice is so unique.  From the Avengers to Star Trek to the narrator for the 70's series "In Search Of..."  Great Guy!!

:) was in The Avengers. I guess I did not see enough of the show to notice. Yes, Leonard Nimoy was great in everything he did. At least the stuff I saw.

hey guys u all should see leonards movie never forget! it is his best work! who else has seen this movie? :)

Yes there are other Spock fans out here! I particularly enjoy learning about Vulcan culture, society, philosophies and history as portrayed throughout Star Trek. Especially the Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations (IDIC) concept, vegetarianism and pacificism. There have been many great books written about Spock and Vulcan, some of my favourites are:

“I am Spock” by Leonard Nimoy

“Vulcan Academy Murders” by Jean Lorah

“Spock’s World” by Diane Duane

“Sarek” by A. Crispin

“Vulcan’s Heart” by Josepha Sherman & Susan Swartz

“Vulcan’s Forge” by Jack Du Brul

“Star Trek The Next Generation: Crossover” by M. Friedman

The third Star Trek movie gives us great insights into Vulcan telepathic abilities and spiritual beliefs. During Star Trek Six, the Vulcan concept of the sacred student/teacher relationship is demonstrated during the scene in Spock’s quarters, when he shares a cup with Valeris. Some of my favourite Spock scenes are:

In Star Trek 6:

When Valeris arrives in the Enterprise’s sick bay to assassinate the assassins.

Later on the bridge when Spock searches Valeris’s mind.

In Star Trek 2:

When Spock and Saavik discus Captain Kirk after the inspection of the cadets.

In Star Trek 4:

Spock’s experimentation with colourful metaphors.

The scenes between Spock, Kirk and Gillian.

I hope the world of Star Trek continues to develop traditions and philosophies around Spock and Vulcans. They have fascinating principles and visions of the future that we can enjoy and learn from. Live long and prosper!

[/size]

Let me put it this way if you don't like Spock there's something wrong with you.

LOL!

I agree! :(

:clap::clap::clap: me to spock is my hero and the sexiest man in the world, i agree w/ all of u, thanx! :clap:

Let me put it this way if you don't like Spock there's something wrong with you.

lol! you know, I kinda agree with you there... :(

I agree and I think there are many others who will agree with you also as shown in this thread already. :( :clap::clap::clap:

Gotta love a man with POINTED EARS! When my son was born he had pointed ears. His doctor said that he'd never seen a baby with pointed ears. My husband replied, "Katy reads tooooo much Star Trek!" :laugh:

Katy

Hmmmm, if that really works...i wonder if that is why my daugher wants to marry and android.... :laugh:

and to comment on your husband...there is no such thing as TOO MANY BOOKS when it comes to TREK!!!!!

and to comment on your husband...there is no such thing as TOO MANY BOOKS when it comes to TREK!!!!!

So very true!!!! If there was more money in the world, I swear I am going to rebuild my collection of books!

Gotta love a man with POINTED EARS!  When my son was born he had pointed ears.  His doctor said that he'd never seen a baby with pointed ears.  My husband replied, "Katy reads tooooo much Star Trek!" :laugh:

Katy

LOL

hehe. That's Funny. Hey, his ears still pointed? :lol:

Gotta love a man with POINTED EARS!  When my son was born he had pointed ears.  His doctor said that he'd never seen a baby with pointed ears.  My husband replied, "Katy reads tooooo much Star Trek!" :laugh:

Katy

LOL

hehe. That's Funny. Hey, his ears still pointed? :lol:

Unfortunately, no. That would be cool. My son the Vulcan. He hates when I tell that story. He doesn't want anything to do with Trek. :lol: Don't know what's wrong with the boy. Of course, he turns 18 next Friday, and he knows it all!

Katy

Gotta love a man with POINTED EARS!  When my son was born he had pointed ears.  His doctor said that he'd never seen a baby with pointed ears.  My husband replied, "Katy reads tooooo much Star Trek!"   :o

Katy

LOL

hehe. That's Funny. Hey, his ears still pointed? ;)

Unfortunately, no. That would be cool. My son the Vulcan. He hates when I tell that story. He doesn't want anything to do with Trek. :( Don't know what's wrong with the boy. Of course, he turns 18 next Friday, and he knows it all!

Katy

:bow: not true he dosent know the great feeling star trek brings to 1s heart and the feeling of enjoiment 1 feels when watching it! if he thinks he knows everything than tell him what i just told you! what a sad boy you must have there the ears must have melded away and thats why they are gone, because some1 who doesnt love st souldnt have ears like mr spock! have you ever tried to sit the boy down and make him watch it? ;) it mite do him some good in life but than again i am just a 15 year old gurl what do i know! :( a little bit about spock thats all!

Spock is one of my all time favorites!

Live Long and Prosper!

Sure I like Spock!

I used to practice the Vulcan greeting with my hand ;)

Spock is a danged difficult character to not like. :borg2:

:)I'm a little late getting here, but I am a Spock fan!!! :)

I don't think you are late, Gramfan. Breathing new life into an old but good thread is always welcome! :clap:

and i agree, Peewee. Spock is hard to dislike.

:)I'm a little late getting here, but I am a Spock fan!!! :lol:

I don't think you are late, Gramfan. Breathing new life into an old but good thread is always welcome! :clap:

YEAH ITS NEVER TOO LATE, ESPECIALLY FOR A THREAD ABOUT SPOCK. :)

:wow:I'm a little late getting here, but I am a Spock fan!!! :wow:

I don't think you are late, Gramfan. Breathing new life into an old but good thread is always welcome! :)

YEAH ITS NEVER TOO LATE, ESPECIALLY FOR A THREAD ABOUT SPOCK. :clap:

no it is never to late babes! :)

live long and prosper,

leonardnimoybabe :lol:

I am a "fan" of Ambassador Spock!I do find Vulcans such an agreeable sort of people to be around.They are so polite,and logical,and in control of themselves.If only all species could be as well met by my people!

When my sister and I watched TOS as preteens and young teens, she loved Mr. Spock, and liked Captain Kirk. I loved Captain Kirk and liked Mr. Spock. It was a case of being attracted to an opposite. My sister was outgoing and full of personality. I was more introspective and logical.

In any case, Mr. Spock was valued.

When my sister and I watched TOS as preteens and young teens, she loved Mr. Spock, and liked Captain Kirk. I loved Captain Kirk and liked Mr. Spock. It was a case of being attracted to an opposite. My sister was outgoing and full of personality.  I was more introspective and logical.

In any case, Mr. Spock was valued.

:tear: me and your sis would get along than!

The same with me, when I watched TOS during my young teens I loved Kirk and liked Spock.

But the older I get the more I appreciate Spock and Leonard Nimoy. He is such an fascinating character and the ST books on him are the ones I love most

4 years ago Leonard Nimoy attended the con at Bonn, Germany. It was a real pleasure seeing him.

As to me it's obvious that the Vucans (and because of the way Nimoy impersonates Spock) are having the greatest impact on Startrek.