Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Season 3 DVD's

I just got the Season 3 box set today as a birthday gift from me mum. I think that this could be my favorite season of TNG, either this or season 4. I was watching the special features and I have to say that I think Micheal Piller was cool. He needs to come back and take over writing on Enterprise (me thinks!). Anyway I was wondering how many of you have seen the season 3 DVD's, what you thought of the special features, and what your favorite episode from this season was. There were so many good ones that I had to nerrow it down to my top five:

Who Watches the Watchers

Sarek

Yesterday's Enterprise

Sins of the Father

The Best of Both Worlds, Part 1

Anyway let me know what you think! :)

I have all 7 seasons on DVD and I love them. I have found the special features in each season to be fun and informative. My favourite episodes from season 3 are probably (in no particular order):

The Offspring

Deja Q

Yesterday's Enterprise

Best of Both Worlds

The Most Toys

I also own all 7 seasons and like all the the two parters and love yesterdays enterprise and Sarek..I found the special features to be..meh..interesting but just so so..not enough interviews with Micheal Dorn. Just wait till you get to Season 6 and see the dancing captain! :)

I have all of TNG’s sets on DVD (and the first season of DS9)

Season 3 is really when TNG took off. Not just in the stories, but with its ratings. That’s why to many it is the best season.

I can’t really choose between them. I can say it will not be season 1 or 2, but the others it really is a “gave & take”. So there are certain things from certain season which are better then others and negatives also . . . but overall it seems to weight out almost evenly (at least to me) with the season from 3 and beyond.

With the stories TNG had (and that’s really the most important fundamental thing a show can have) makes TNG the best series.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I have all of TNG’s sets on DVD (and the first season of DS9)

Season 3 is really when TNG took off. Not just in the stories, but with its ratings. That’s why to many it is the best season.

I can’t really choose between them. I can say it will not be season 1 or 2, but the others it really is a “gave & take”. So there are certain things from certain season which are better then others and negatives also . . . but overall it seems to weight out almost evenly (at least to me) with the season from 3 and beyond.

With the stories TNG had (and that’s really the most important fundamental thing a show can have) makes TNG the best series.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I agree that the show really did take off with season 3. I thought that both 4 and 6 were also really strong. I thought season 5 was kind of weak though and season 7 though good just wasn't as interesting as the others. I think that the weakest season in TNG's run however was season 2. Perhaps I missed Crusher..

I've got 1, 5, and 6, and am about to get another one (depends on what the store has, though). I really liked all the seasons (REALLY, not just cuz they're TNG), though I did think the 1st was a little...I don't know...dry. Otherwise - all good. No, amazing.

They were definitely still trying to find their way thoughout season 1. I believe during one of the special features on the DVDs someone talks about how they changed their focus in season 2 away from the "alien of the week" stories that they had done in season 1.

Still, there were some great episodes in that season (I really liked Encounter at Farpoint and The Big Goodbye, and many others but I list these because I don't know exactly why I liked them so much - maybe sentimentality for Farpoint, but The Big Goodbye, if you hadn't seen it, probably wouldn't have struck you as a good episode...if you know what I mean)

I love The Big Goodbye. I like Encounter at Farpoint too. Naked Now has some of the funniest scenes in it. And of course DataLore introducing our favourite evil brother.

Encounter At Farpoint and Datalore were defiantely two of the best of season 1!

Wow, so many people have the DVD sets, and so many have all 7! Lucky that is what all of you are! Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky!

Do you have any of the seasons Yillara?

No, since I am majoring in a field that requires a HUGE amount of laboratory classes, money is kinda tight right now.

That and I became so sick last year that I was forced to withdraw from school, before the semester ended, so now I didn't have enough credits to keep my scholarship. So I am trying to save money to go back to school, since I am only about 3 or four semesters away from getting my BS in Interdiscliplinary Studies (I am a senior right now). I am recording my favorite episodes to VHS right now, and may purchase the DVD's at a later date. But first and foremost is the DVD of ST:Nemesis!

Wow, I'm sorry (especially about getting sick - it sucks when there's nothing you could have done about it).

I wish they were putting more deleted scenes into the DVDs, though (the Nemesis one, I mean)

I'm glad they are not re-editing the scenes into the movie. I wish they would include the extended reception scene so we could hear of Blue Skies at the reception. How about a bonus music video or something. :)

I have a problem with re-editing scenes into Star Trek movies because of canon problems. Would the theatrical release be canon or would things that are in the DVD be canon? You know how some DVDs (like Independence Day) had both the theatrical version and a special edition version. Maybe with Star Trek movies they could have a canon version and a non-canon version. :unsure:

I don't think they're putting the edited-out scenes INTO the movie, you just have the option of seeing them separately, or something. That;s what I meant.

I'm glad they are not re-editing the scenes into the movie. I wish they would include the extended reception scene so we could hear of Blue Skies at the reception. How about a bonus music video or something. :unsure:

I have a problem with re-editing scenes into Star Trek movies because of canon problems. Would the theatrical release be canon or would things that are in the DVD be canon? You know how some DVDs (like Independence Day) had both the theatrical version and a special edition version. Maybe with Star Trek movies they could have a canon version and a non-canon version. :)

A Blues Skies music video, hmmm. . .a good excuse for all of us to see and hear Data, that sounds great! As for the DVD I kinda like the option of seeing the movie as it was in the theaters, and then going to the bonus section and checking out deleted scenes. I think it is strange to have a movie one way in the theater, and a different one on VHS or DVD(at least with added footage). Sometimes it works out OK to add the extra scenes right into the movie like the Director's Edition of The Abyss (that wasn't too bad with the added scenes).

I'm glad they are not re-editing the scenes into the movie. I wish they would include the extended reception scene so we could hear of Blue Skies at the reception. How about a bonus music video or something. :unsure:

I have a problem with re-editing scenes into Star Trek movies because of canon problems. Would the theatrical release be canon or would things that are in the DVD be canon? You know how some DVDs (like Independence Day) had both the theatrical version and a special edition version. Maybe with Star Trek movies they could have a canon version and a non-canon version. :)

Did you see Star Trek VI in the theater by any chance? I saw it twice and when I got the video it totally took me by surprise. Making Corlnel West the assasin dressed up in Klingon make-up totally put a new twist on the story. It was a good twist but it was just wierd that it wasn't in the theater.

I'm glad they are not re-editing the scenes into the movie.  I wish they would include the extended reception scene so we could hear of Blue Skies at the reception.  How about a bonus music video or something.  :unsure:

I have a problem with re-editing scenes into Star Trek movies because of canon problems.  Would the theatrical release be canon or would things that are in the DVD be canon?  You know how some DVDs (like Independence Day) had both the theatrical version and a special edition version.  Maybe with Star Trek movies they could have a canon version and a non-canon version.  :)

Did you see Star Trek VI in the theater by any chance? I saw it twice and when I got the video it totally took me by surprise. Making Corlnel West the assasin dressed up in Klingon make-up totally put a new twist on the story. It was a good twist but it was just wierd that it wasn't in the theater.

I didn't even know that was not in the original, maybe that was because I didn't see it in the theaters. Wow, who was the assasin in the theatrical version?

I'm glad they are not re-editing the scenes into the movie.  I wish they would include the extended reception scene so we could hear of Blue Skies at the reception.  How about a bonus music video or something.   :unsure:

I have a problem with re-editing scenes into Star Trek movies because of canon problems.  Would the theatrical release be canon or would things that are in the DVD be canon?  You know how some DVDs (like Independence Day) had both the theatrical version and a special edition version.  Maybe with Star Trek movies they could have a canon version and a non-canon version.   :)

I didn't even know that was not in the original, maybe that was because I didn't see it in the theaters. Wow, who was the assasin in the theatrical version?

It was just some Klingon. Every thing was the same except that they cut out the scene where Worf's grandfather says "This is not Klingon blood" and they take the mask off. Actually all of the scenes with Rene Auberjonois (aka Odo) were cut out of the theater release.

Thnaks! I really didn't know that, hmm...the things we learn each and every day. I do think the fake klingon in the video release was an excellent twist in the plot though, maybe I should rent that movie again. . .just to check it out ( I haven't seen it since it first was brought out to video!)

You must rent it and watch it over and over and over again! It's the best movie IMO. I remember the first day it came out on video, I was 12 and I rented it and watched it three times that day.