Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Jake and Nog

They started as young scamps and matured into two very different people, who were yet friends. Nog took the path we expected of Sisko while that young Captain's son took a literary path. I liked their relationship. It wasn't as cheesey as it could have been. What are your opinions, if any?

They started as young scamps and matured into two very different people, who were yet friends. Nog took the path we expected of Sisko while that young Captain's son took a literary path. I liked their relationship. It wasn't as cheesey as it could have been. What are your opinions, if any?

I liked it too, I especially like the way they took Nog. His character development was great, he went from robbing ore samples in episode 1 to a war hero in season 7.

I think they could have developed Jake a little more but I think the friendship between the 2 was great.

I always thought that the friendship between the two was great as well. I was really glad to see the positive influence that Jake had on Nog, he made him into a great person, and got him to move a little from his Ferengi heritage.

Stardate:213482.8

I also agree that Jake brought out alot of good in Nog.I think if it wasnt for gim Nog might of been aas caniving(sp?)as Quark.Although I'm not knocking Quark by no means. :)

I didn't like it much at first, because they were just annoying, but as the show went out it got better and sometimes it was even humorous. I do like the path that Nog took though, his character matured A LOT.

I didn't  like it much at first, because they were just annoying, but as the show went out it got better and sometimes it was even humorous. I do like the path that Nog took though, his character matured A LOT.

I definitely agree about nog maturing. And one of the things I have loved about trek is that we were all there to watch the changes over the years.

I didn't  like it much at first, because they were just annoying, but as the show went out it got better and sometimes it was even humorous. I do like the path that Nog took though, his character matured A LOT.

I definitely agree about nog maturing. And one of the things I have loved about trek is that we were all there to watch the changes over the years.

I agree.. In 7 years, a character has the possibility to change...

Their friendship was a great something to the show.

However, I'm sad they didn't develop more Jake Character...

But, well, Nog being a officer at the end, it was easier to put some emphasis on him...

I loved the relationship between Jake and Nog.It reminded me a lot of the relationship between me and a friend of mine.She was the Nog to my Jake,always getting us into trouble in one way or another :huh: .Nothing serious,just sneaking into the "haunted" abandoned house in our neighborhood,egging houses on Halloween,picking a neighbor woman's prize roses,playing pranks on boys we liked,or didn't like...I miss her.She moved away just before we graduated Jr High.

I loved the relationship between Jake and Nog.It reminded me a lot of the relationship between me and a friend of mine.She was the Nog to my Jake,always getting us into trouble in one way or another :huh: .Nothing serious,just sneaking into the "haunted" abandoned house in our neighborhood,egging houses on Halloween,picking a neighbor woman's prize roses,playing pranks on boys we liked,or didn't like...I miss her.She moved away just before we graduated Jr High.

I had never really thought of it that way, but I think we all have had or currently have a friend like that. LOL.

It couldn't have been anywhere close to the bright future he has as as a member of Starfleet. Same could be said for Rom. He ended up with Miles, and the entire crew, discovering that they had in their midst a terrific engineer..not to mention that he eventually became the Grand Nagus, and had the power to effect some positive changes from the very top of the Ferengi society...a real success story, I liked the way the writers moved things along for he and Nog. Jake, being not in Starfleet, didn't have the venue for things that the other charcters did, it appears to me, though his relationship with Ben was something the writers crafted well, and with Joseph. But, I imagine him writing at some point in his career a major nonfiction novel on the Dominion War, given his place at the heart of the conflict. I stopped keeping up with DS9 after the series ended, and I've only read three DS novels, those being the first ones, so I haven't a clue as to how any of these characters have been taken in non-canon form, other than Sisko's return, and the addition of Ro, and some new chars to the station.

It couldn't have been anywhere close to the bright future he has as as a member of Starfleet. Same could be said for Rom. He ended up with Miles, and the entire crew, discovering that they had in their midst a terrific engineer..not to mention that he eventually became the Grand Nagus, and had the power to effect some positive changes from the very top of the Ferengi society...a real success story, I liked the way the writers moved things along for he and Nog. Jake, being not in Starfleet, didn't have the venue for things that the other charcters did, it appears to me, though his relationship with Ben was something the writers crafted well, and with Joseph. But, I imagine him writing at some point in his career a major nonfiction novel on the Dominion War, given his place at the heart of the conflict. I stopped keeping up with DS9 after the series ended, and I've only read three DS novels, those being the first ones, so I haven't a clue as to how any of these characters have been taken in non-canon form, other than Sisko's return, and the addition of Ro, and some new chars to the station.

Rom becoming Grand Nagus is one of the "Star Trekkie" things which really both me. Gosh it is always the same. No-one ever just goes away and does nothing or gets demoted or anything. They always go on to do something really prestigious. Head up some department on Earth. Write a famous book or something. Become Nagus! Admirals, blah blah.

Rom becoming Grand Nagus is one of the "Star Trekkie" things which really both me. Gosh it is always the same. No-one ever just goes away and does nothing or gets demoted or anything. They always go on to do something really prestigious. Head up some department on Earth. Write a famous book or something. Become Nagus! Admirals, blah blah.

Well, there's always Quark who didn't go away to do anything. He's just a bar owner.

I like Nog, I hate Jake.

Nog had tremendous character growth from Episode 1 to the final episode. I love his episodes and that dance at Jadzia's bachelorette party was insane lol.

The dance wasn't supposed to be good though, in fact Aron Eisenberg made it up basically as a joke when he was told he had to dance and the director loved it so they used it.