Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Worf

Do you think Worf was a more interesting character on TNG or DS9? I didn't see much of DS9 so I can't compare but I'm curious as to how much his character was fleshed out over there. I assume he was the centre of more storylines at DS9 than TNG as he was brought over there to boost the ratings wasn't he?

I missed a lot of the last few seasons of DS9 but from what I saw with him he added a lot to the show. I can't wait for all of DS9 to come out on DVD so that I can finally catch up. As to if he was better on DS9 or TNG, I enjoyed him on both a lot. I do think that DS9 gave the writers more chances to expand on his character though..

Worf rocked on DS9 just like O'Brien did..they both already had deep characters and then were able to go even further with them..plus it gave Dorn and Meaney their chance to shine without being overshadowed by Stewart and Spiner...hey..worf even laughed sometimes on DS9.

I agree with all of the above. I have watched all of DS9 probably 10 times completely through (I have every single episode on my hard drive, I love KaZaa!) and the addition of Worf was GREAT. And Laur, i know you hate Worf but he was one of my favorite's on DS9 :unsure:

We get deeper into Worf's character then on TNG but TNG was important for establishing Worf's background and personality. In Ds9 we get to see Worf start out as a loner, moving out to the Defiant to live alone. We see him as a father again when Alexander comes on the show. We see him as a medler when he interfears with Odo's job as head of security. We see him as a love struck Klingon in "Looking for par`Mach in All the Wrong Places" and then we see him as a lover and husband when he and Jadzia get married. Then we even get to see him as a mourning widower in season 7. There are so many ways that Worf was able to shine in DS9 that it's hard to put them all into one posting.

The more I think about it though, to say he was "better" in DS9 may not really be the right way to put it. It's just that the writers gave worf more attention and better stories. When you can get the DVDs and watch them and you will see what I mean.

Worf on DS9 was awesome ... Check out Sons of Mogh (poor Kern), In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light (two-parter), etc. etc. TNG gave Worf his wings, but DS9 let him fly!

First let me say that I actually liked Nemesis as a movie, BUT it really pi**ed me off that they reverted Worf to his TNG character and not who he ultimately became on DS9! No mention of his being an ambassador, no mention of his being married and widowed, no mention of his ability to drink everyone under the table, just another drunken Klingon there as a prop. Offensive.

Why do they do that to us niners all the time? It's like they want to pretend DS9 never happened over there at Paramount. It does stand apart from the other series ... BUT IN A GOOD WAY. Worf deserves better.

DATA!!!!  YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

Hugs Data and cries.

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

:)

Wait...  How'd you survive that explosion? :)

Yes I am alive Jean Luc. :)

Argh! Stop it! Just stop it! Move on! He's dead... sigh.Why cant you just accept it.

Anyway. Worf was much better in DS9. He looked better, developed much further and became the Klingon he always wanted to be.

gul_nudrog,

Maybe Worf reverted to his "TNG" self becuase STAR TREK NEMESIS was a TNG movie and the majority of the people seeing the movie would not of known about him being on DS9?

The way I see it...

GENERATIONS - Worf's a TNG character.

FIRST CONTACT - Worf's a DS9 character, but returns for a 2nd TNG movie.

INSURRECTION - Worf's still a DS9 character, but is back for a 3rd TNG movie!

NEMESIS - Worf's left DS9, so he's back to being a TNG character.

Think about it. In Generations and Nemesis he feels like a TNG character, but in First Contact and Insurrection he feels like a DS9 character. :)

Hope that helps with people who think Worf wasn't written well for NEMESIS! :)

First let me say that I actually liked Nemesis as a movie, BUT it really pi**ed me off that they reverted Worf to his TNG character and not who he ultimately became on DS9!  No mention of his being an ambassador, no mention of his being married and widowed, no mention of his ability to drink everyone under the table, just another drunken Klingon there as a prop.  Offensive.

I can't address everything you said but there was a line cut where Worf says that he wasn't cut out to be an Ambassador. You could say that they did honour his marriage to Dax but not having Worf upset by the Riker/Troi wedding. I heard that Michael Dorn had wished that Worf had said something about this because of Worf's previous relationship with Deanna but I think that would have dishonoured his marriage to Dax. As for drinking under the table, let's face it how much REAL Romulan Ale can anyone drink. They are so used to synthahol.

As for drinking under the table, let's face it how much REAL Romulan Ale can anyone drink.  They are so used to synthahol.

:) They drank enough blood wine on DS9 to put a sail on the Defiant and float away! Don't you remember how O'Brien showed up at Worf's quarters after Dax was dead and ended up with a pounding headache/hangover while Worf was just as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as ever? Now if Worf can drink an Irishman such as O'Brien under the table, I doubt he'd be laying on the table at a wedding reception no matter what he'd been drinking!

And I guess I just found it a little dumb that Geordi asks Guinan if she'd ever considered getting married again when there was Worf right there who should have been asked that question just to throw us niners a bone! I mean Janeway has a cameo for goodness sakes ... what would it have hurt them to have paid a little more homage to a series who's fans were providing at least a portion of the movie ticket sales to Nemesis?

QUOTE (Captain Jean-Luc Picard @ Apr 2 2003, 08:54 PM)

DATA!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

Hugs Data and cries.

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

Wait... How'd you survive that explosion?  

Yes I am alive Jean Luc. 

gosh that was funny! You guys have a good sense of humor!

I loved Worf on TNg, but there were some great things that he got to do on DS9 that would not have been possible on TNG. He added much to DS9 (not that i thought it was bad before him) I jsut got season one of DS9 and finished watching it yesterday. I was really impressed with how good their very first season was! I really enjoyed ever minute!

even though i love tng, i think worf was better on ds9. he just had so much more depth to him and he was a much more interesting character on the station.

I Loved Having Worf On DS9. As many have already said, he added alot to the show...and "Way Of The Warrior" was a great way to get him on the show.

I'm Just Glad DS9 didn't become "The Worf Show" :wow:

He character developed alot more than he did on TNG. O'Brien too.

Now when I watch TNG...I see Both Characters in a way I never did when TNG was new.

Worf was, by far, a deeper character on DS9 than on TNG. Plus he got to marry the hottest brunette this side of the wormhole! :devil: Tall, long legged Jadzia and tough honor bound Worf. What a combination!

Worf was, by far, a deeper character on DS9 than on TNG.  Plus he got to marry the hottest brunette this side of the wormhole! :devil: Tall, long legged Jadzia and tough honor bound Worf.  What a combination!

I also agree that I like Worf better on DS9. His character was developed a lot better there than it was on TNG.

Stardate:213507.9

Definitly better in DS9 especially when he kill Gowron and became Chancelaor.Too bad he handed it over to Martok

He was better in DS9.

And he got all the TNG to establish the character.

But he was a character vital to the plot of the story.

Things you all said already.. lol

DS9. There was more depth added to the character once he was transferred to Deep Space Nine. :)

While Worf was an excellent TNG character, I loved how his character expanded and grew further on DS9. It's rare that a TV character crosses over to a spin-off in sci-fi, but I think the use of O'Brien and the addition of Worf on DS9 made for excellent stories. :laugh: