Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Favorite DS9 Character

Who's Your Favorite Character From This Series?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your Favorite Character From This Series?

• Captain Benjamin Sisko
    • Odo
    • Ezri Dax
    • Worf
    • Jadzia Dax
    • Jake Sisko
    • Nog
    • Miles O'Brien
    • Keiko O'Brien
    • Quark
    • Rom
    • Julian Bashir, M.D.
    • Kira Nerys
    • Garak
    • Gul Dukat
    • Morn
    • Weyoun
    • other

For DS9, my favorite character is Quark. The Ferengi that doesn't have enough things and wants more (doesn't that describe all Ferengi? :thumbs: ). I really do enjoy his character.

I picked Sisko simply because he's the Captain and represents the entire population of DS9. How in the world can I pick a favorite character? Maybe a favorite character per episode, but certainly not for the series!

There are no weak links in this chain, no "Mary Sue's" (except maybe Ezri ... we won't even go there. Ick.) Impossible to single one character out.

I don't think I could pick one favorite.

As for Ezri, as I've said in the past she was only there for one season. All of the other main characters had 7 full seasons of character development, she had none. Compare Ezri's 1 season to Bashirs season 1 or Kira's season 1. I really didn't care at all for Kira in the first season, she was too "angry" and anti Federation. After a little more character development for her though it made more sense and she became more likable.

So before you judge Ezri so harshly consider that she was a brand new character coming into a well established, character driven show in it's final season. She was also replacing a well loved, killed off character. The deck was stacked against her from the start.

Anyway, as far as picking a favorite for me goes it really depends on the episode I'm watching. Sometimes it's Quark sometimes Bashir and sometimes O'Brien. Sometimes it's a combination of several.

I've always really liked Ezri.

Anyway, I have to say that it is very difficult to pick out one character above the others, even more so than it is for other series. However when push comes to shove I suppose I'd have to go for Jadzia or Miles, it's too difficult to choose between those two for me.

i have to say i have two favorites quark and odo. it's the relationship that they have but don't seem to have that makes them my favorites. it seems one minute they hate each other but the next their friends. my favorite episode that best shows their relationships is the ascent.

tm :(

Of course my favorite character is Kira Nerys. I even like her in the first season, being so angry at the Federation and seemingly everybody else..Seems to me that was a perfect place for her character development to start. I might have grown to like Ezri more if we had more than 1 season. And if she didn't replace Jadzia whom I liked so much..

Now hold on a second, Spacetigger. Kira Nerys is your favourite character! I find that hard to believe, you never show it.

I guess I'll vote for Miles, though that may change during the next episode I watch lol

333202[/snapback]

Isn't that the truth?!

That's what I said ... I need to pick a favorite character per episode, not for the entire series. As you can see from the poll results, we're spread out all over the cast! That's the mark of a truly successful ensemble cast, don't you think? There's no clear cut winner, or even a top three.

I would say Kira Nerys.

She was a warrior and a spiritual woman.Her home had been overrun by a hostile foreign power,and she had risked everything to defend her people.I respect that very much.I always felt a certain bond with the Bajorans,and Nerys.They had many qualities that I admired.

Odo

Of course Shape shifting has alwats intriged me.

Sisko. All you could want in a star trek captain. But he didn't stand alone, I thought all the characters were great.

Worf - I think he is really great!! I found him great in TNG, and I think that he became even more interesting in DS9.

Hmmm..... Out of:

Captain Benjamin Sisko

Miles O'Brien

Keiko O'Brien

Quark

Rom

Kira Nerys

Garak

Gul Dukat

Morn

Weyoun

Kai Winn

...it's a tough choice. For a main character, I guess it's Kira. For recurring characters, it's either Garak or Kai Winn.

For me, it's a tie between Kira, and Jadzia, but I voted for Kira.

332821[/snapback]

I picked Kira too. I can't put my finger on what it is I like about her exactly. She's passionate, and while she's not an ultra-hot babe like Xev (from LEXX), there is something about her I find very alluring...perhaps its that beneith her tough exterior she has a wounded quality...not unlike Ivanova from Babylon-5.

I like the actress who plays Jadzia, but I never really cared for her character or the whole idea of "Trills" in general: they remind me too much of the anagonists from the various "Alien" films.

For me, it's a tie between Kira, and Jadzia, but I voted for Kira.

332821[/snapback]

I never really cared for her character or the whole idea of "Trills" in general: they remind me too much of the anagonists from the various "Alien" films.

341565[/snapback]

:dude:

Nobody likes Trills :flowers:

:dude:

Nobody likes Trills :flowers:

Not true. I like the Trills just fine and was glad that they were somewhat explored in DS9. I always wished that we learned more about the past Dax hosts..Jadzia was a great character in my opinion and I would have voted for her as my fav if it wasn't for Kira..

Ben Sisko, for his complexity and humanity. He suffered deeply the loss of his first wife. He was a wonderful father. He was an excellent administrator, and leader. He dealt very convincingly with his dual role of bajoran spiritual leader and Star Fleet officer. He handled one challenging situation after another, including having to oppose his former commanding officer, and conspiring to get the Romulans to join the war.

I love Worf too, but....since I had to choose one.

Garak. I'm a sucker for a good turtured character. (See my favorite anything of all time, Rurouni Kenshin. Watsuki's original storylines only, thank you.)

335960[/snapback]

When it comes to being an interesting character in every episode, Garak wins. It seems there is always something new with him. I quess I may be a fan of tortured characters. I used to enjoy reading Dostoyevski when I was in my late teens.