Sign in to follow this  
removed

favorite fast food joint

whats your favorite place to go for fast food?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. whats your favorite place to go for fast food?

• mcdonalds
    • burger king
    • wendys
    • dairy queen (might only be here in Canada. not sure)
    • arbys
    • harveys
    • taco bell
    • kfc
    • subway (is that considered fast food?)
    • other

yeah Jacks has geat food..but i can't find one near me..Same thing with Sonics

My Uncle likes Steak and Shake..But those are not around here either

WOW you guys in the States have way more fast food joints then here in holland :dude: ..thats why the list was so short those on the list are all we have except for small hambuger and fries shops :dude:

On behalf of myself and VBG(I think): Schlotzsky's :dude:

They'd be #1, followed by Steak n Shake, McDonalds, and Wendy's.

Burger King. The Whopper is supreme. But that's only if I have to eat at a greasy place. I usually just go to Subway. I'm a veggie-lover.

Wendy's

Arby's are pretty good - when I'm on a road trip I try to stop - they don't have one here.

Publix Deli for subs

They just opened a Quiznos here but I haven't tried it yet

But my favorite fast food is take out Chinese. Cashew Chicken

I like McDonalds as my favorite fast food place. It really is fast. I especially like the dollar menu. As to which one has the best food,.... I'll have to think on that . Perhaps I need to go sample a few more of them. This could take a while. LOL! :dude::dude:

My favorite fast food used to be a Santa Fe style steak gordita from Taco Bell, but since they no longer have Santa Fe style anything I'd say their Grilled Stuffed Burrito, even though it does sit in my stomach like a cholesterol bomb, or White Castle sliders. :dude:

Best food? Don't you mean least bad? I avoid them all whenever possible, though I have to admit I order a pizza now and then. But, since pizza costs me almost as much as a quality meal, I try not to even do that.

Check out this trailer for "Supersize Me," a documentary about a man, the director, who went around a bunch of cities in the States and ate breakfast, lunch and dinner only at McDonald's for a month straight.

"Supersize Me"

McDonald's has stopped with the supersize option on their menu since the movie has hit the headlines, although it may not be connected. Here's the review by Ebert and Roeper:

Ebert and Roeper Review

Enjoy your next meal.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

I voted for McDonald's I don't eat it often but I like their cheese burger and their shakes (mmmm strawberry).

May I ask, what is Wendy's? I have always wondered.

May I ask, what is Wendy's? I have always wondered.

WENDY'S is a pretty decent place for burgers and such... I like Carls Jr better but if a Carls isn't around then Wendys is a fine alternative.

Quote Alterego

WENDY'S is a pretty decent place for burgers and such... I like Carls Jr better but if a Carls isn't around then Wendys is a fine alternative.

Thanks Alterego. :unsure:

Edited by Delta

Well, I'm going to follow Delta here and ask, what is Carl's Jr? I've never heard of it before. :unsure:

Hey, for those of you wondering what Carl's Jr. is, have you been to a Hardee's Recently? Yep, same company, same food, and everything. But, my favorite has Gotta be, Gotta Be, Domino's Pizza. Philly Steak Pizza! Oh man, it is awesome. and the best part is, My little brother Tommy works at the Domino's that is close to my house, so I get a discount. *SCORE!* I also like their Buffulo Wings and their new Chicken Kickers.

would you believe we have a Pizza Hutt, Taco Bell, and Subway on base? we've also got McDonalds. I usually go there for Breakfast. McGriddles, the breakfast of Champions and Military officers!

Well, I'm going to follow Delta here and ask, what is Carl's Jr? I've never heard of it before. :unsure:

Check this out Ace>>> CARLS JR DOUBLE PATTY SIX DOLLAR BURGER!

Hey, for those of you wondering what Carl's Jr. is, have you been to a Hardee's Recently? Yep, same company, same food, and everything.

Yeah they are the same but around here they are only called Carls Jr.

Edited by Alterego

I checked it out, AE. Jim's right; it's just Hardee's with a different name apparently. :unsure: Same Smiling star, $6 burger, and all.

I rarely go to Hardees, so I can't say much about Carl's.

Alterego's right, Carls is great too. I'm going there today with my sis. It's also our usual lunch break place when we go out in service. They have pretty good cheesecake for a fast food place. :unsure:

:unsure:  :laugh:  Why dont I live in the USA?? :lol:

I dunnow, Luthien. ya never know, you might come to the US and find a nuice burger placwe and a cute guy working there too! *Commenting of course from something in another poll*

Edit: Of course I am right, Ace! I've lived all over the place, so I've seen what's goin on for restaruants on the East coast, the Midwest, and the West coast.

Edited by Lieutenant JG Jim Phaserman

Publix Deli for subs

They just opened a Quiznos here but I haven't tried it yet

But my favorite fast food is take out Chinese.  Cashew Chicken

Oh yeah, Publix has some great subs!! My favorite two are Roast Beef and Philly Cheese ( :laugh: I have mushrooms added instead of peppers, since I do not like much green peppers in my sub. I will eat them, but if I get the option..I will have them removed)

Larry's Giant Subs (best subs: Philly Cheese and Meatball) and Subway(best sub: Sweet Onion Chicken Terriyaki) are pretty good too.

And yeah, Chinese is always an excellent take out meal! China One, here in town, is an excellent resteraunt. I order different things from time to time, but they have awesome crab rangoons, egg drop soup, and terriyaki beef strips for starters!

True, from a different resteraunt(though not predominantly a take out, it is a buffet) I really like the fact that they have Mongolian Barbeque, which I have liked since I was really really little. And a friend of mine, suggested one of his favorites..and I discovered that I liked General Tso's Chicken a lot.

So from Chinese resteraunts in town, there are a ton of excellent choices. :lol:

Ok this thread is driving me nuts, I just got back from getting food at Taco Bell only about 2 hours ago.....and now.........

I AM HUNGRY AGAIN!!! :unsure:

McGriddles, the breakfast of Champions and Military officers!
ROFL!! I have eaten at McD's a few times, and that is one sandwich I have not tried. Probably because though I like pancakes and eggs, I do not like them very much mixed together (and the McGriddle is similar to a pancake, for those who do not know). Edited by Yillara_Soong

I voted for Mc donalds, Love there adult happy meals, but now I am so grossed out because of the super size thing so now Im just going to stick to the local cafe, perkins, and coffee shops.

Bugar king is bla, burgers taste bad, commericals stink

Hardes (killed the spelling) How can a bussiness that was bankrupt sudenlly afford angus beef, and they taste sick.

Wendys, Mcdonalds, when I eat their food I can almost feel my veins getting cloged with fat.

KFC. Ate to much one day was not pretty

I think I will just eat subway instead now

What can I say? I like the Big Mac. McDonald's......but actually i eat less fast food these days...

Hardes (killed the spelling) How can a bussiness that was bankrupt sudenlly afford angus beef, and they taste sick.

I think the reason for their newfound success is they adapted a policy of giving the people what they pay for. Unlike those food chains producing commercials showcasing sandwiches piled high with meat but in reality, at the restaurant, the old saying "where's the beef" is the question on the diners mind as they leave the store realizing their meal was mostly bread. Carl's, Hardees etc built a comeback campaign on showing Hugh slabs of meat on TV then delivering Hugh slabs of meat at the counter.

Angus Beef could be an acquired taste; it is gamier than regular beef sold in markets. I like it because it reminds me of the venison and bear meat I enjoyed in my youth.