LordOfTheBorg

A Voyager Movie?

Do You want a VOY movie?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do You want a VOY movie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other(EXPLAIN)

Voyager was the worst series in the star trek universe. It had weak characters, bad acting, and bad scripts. So no I would not want a Voyager movie.

You see, when the crew got home, this is what happened:

The ship - Retired and placed in Starfleet Museum.

Janeway - Became an Admiral. Found her dog. Killed that bloke she was with in the first episode for not waiting for her.

Chakotay - Moves to that Native American planet where Wesley Crusher became GOD.

Tuvok - Goes back to Vulcan, finds his wife, locks himself in the bedroom with her and has a little PON FARR action.

Paris/Torres/Their Hybrid Kid - Happily ever after.

Kim - Gets married......to a bloke!!!!

Doctor - They download his entire medical database then shut him down. His batteries must have run out by now.

Seven Of Nine - Gets together with Brannon Braga. Kills him. We celebrate.

So there you are. No movie necessary.  :lol:

332597[/snapback]

B) :P :wow:

Very nice summary King!

I would rather see a DS9 movie also, but a mixed cast movie would be much easier to pull off (TNG, DS9 and VOY). Or bring back an aging Captain Sulu! :unsure:

Edited by trekz

First of all, I don't think they will.

Second of all, I don't think they should.

If they did, though, I know how they could do it. Star Trek 11: "Title" whatever the title is. Something happens with Janeway, she either gets demoted to Captain or otherwise takes a ship, has half the crew, the other half meet up with her later, and they do something in the Alpha Quadrant. Or mix the Voyager/TNG crews. So they're back in the Alpha Quadrant? So what? It wouldn't be a "Voyager" movie per se, just use the characters. We won't have a new TNG movie because so many of those actors wanted out... but if they wanted another movie in the Star Trek franchise, now that the Voyager characters are back in the Alpha Quadrant, that just means they're all usable characters for a future Trek.

Was looking at the ds9 movie thread, and i was wondering if anyone would want a VOY movie? i would, but i dont know if the fan base of VOY is big enough that it would really make any money at box office.

331830[/snapback]

I don't think the fanbase is the problem. The problem is that with Voyager now home, the whole premise has pretty much ended. After being stuck out in space for 7 long years it seems highly unlikely that any of the crew would want to go back out into space. It would be like asking the whole cast of Gilligan's Island to go out into another storm on the SS Minnow...what's the point?

If Janeway was given another ship with certain key crew members, that might work...but then you need a reason to justify a film -yet another Borg threat? I just don't see it...

why instead of having a movie based just on DS9 just on TNG, just on Voy, have a movie based on every element in that time period featuring all the casts, now Paramont that would draw box office Numbers

It would be like asking the whole cast of Gilligan's Island to go out into another storm on the SS Minnow...what's the point?

340122[/snapback]

that was in one of the movies :lol:

I don't think the fanbase is the problem.  The problem is that with Voyager now home, the whole premise has pretty much ended.  After being stuck out in space for 7 long years it seems highly unlikely that any of the crew would want to go back out into space.  It would be like asking the whole cast of Gilligan's Island to go out into another storm on the SS Minnow...what's the point?

If Janeway was given another ship with certain key crew members, that might work...but then you need a reason to justify a film -yet another Borg threat?  I just don't see it...

340122[/snapback]

They're explorers... many of them would hop right back on the next Starfleet ship given the chance. Harry for one, maybe Tom if he got a flying assignment. Or Tuvok. Janeway's made an Admiral, but when? Immediately upon her return? Like a bonus? I don't think so. I think (unless stated otherwise and I just don't know) it would take them time, it wouldn't be immediate. I can even see them repairing, restocking, and upgrading Voyager, and Janeway keeping her ship. Unless they retired it, she wouldn't give it up. Seven probably wouldn't be too keen on staying on Earth, getting weird looks all over the place... though Starfleet might not let her go back out (consider what Starfleet tried to do to Picard in First Contact).

I guess the difference is Gilligan didn't ask to be stranded. I'm not familiar with that show, only the basic idea. But Janeway chose to strand them in the Delta Quadrant. She made a choice... the right one, for sure, but she could have gotten them back that day. Also she chose to stop at every nebula and star to take astrometrics readings, not knowing they were going to get 10-15 year "leaps" home 3-4 times (so far). And most of the crew stood by her... Yeah, they'd go back out. :lol:

You really think so? I agree that Tom, Tuvok and probably even Janeway would want to eventually leap back out into the big black...but only after spending alot of time at home catching up on things. After being an Ensign for 7 miserable years I'm guessing Harry will leave Star Fleet for good and Neelix will end up living on Earth, probably working as a Star Fleet advisor concerning the Delta Quadrant. Seven might want to go back out into space...but again- its conjecture. I thin it is far more likely that her and Chakotay will settle down on a nice Starbase somewhere and have a happy (and quiet) marriage.

I guess for me the only way to continue Voyager would be to have Captain Tuvok with Commander Paris as Number One. You'd still have The Doctor, of course, and B'Lanna would probably still be Chief Engineer. Odo could be head of security, and Ensign Ro (now a Lieutenant) could be Science Officer. I'd want to see them on a new ship....frankly I always hated the design of Voyager, it always reminded me of a wingtip shoe.

-how's all that sound? :cool1:

I didn't really like Kes that much, I started to come around to her in the last few of her episodes though.

I don't particularly want to see a Voyager movie mainly for the reason that if it didn't do that well I think all chances of a DS9 movie would be out the window. Unfortunately I doubt we'll get a DS9 movie eitherway.

Honestly, I think that the best they could come up with is a movie with characters from all three series, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. There would be something in it for fans of all series which will probably draw more spectators than a movie for just one of the series.

Voyager would succeed if they get rid of Janeway I can't stnad her voice B) B) :kwasny: :eek::frusty:

Yes! I want to see Voyager in action again in the Motion Picture,

It would be cool with the continiuing Adventure Of Captain Janeway and

crew:) :angry: :(

Yes! I want to see Voyager in action again in the Motion Picture,

It would be cool with the continiuing Adventure Of Captain Janeway and

crew:) :( :(

Don't you mean Admiral Janeway?...... :angry:

I would like to see a Voyager movie,but I do not think that it will ever come to pass.

Making any Startrek movie is a thing of the past.it has run its course never to be seen again.

Someday it,and that is a big if,they ever do make a new Trek series and if it is a outstanding sucess ,then and only then will they again attempt to make another Trek movie,but it would not be a Voyager one.

H200

Last night on the history channel they had a program called "How William Shatner Changed the World"It was all about thr changes in the world that came about because of the StarTrek programs.He did say that Paramount Pictures said that they were not going to make anymore StarTrek movies or programs.

They can always change their minds.Will time will tell.

H200

Last night on the history channel they had a program called "How William Shatner Changed the World"It was all about thr changes in the world that came about because of the StarTrek programs.He did say that Paramount Pictures said that they were not going to make anymore StarTrek movies or programs.

They can always change their minds.Will time will tell.

H200

If the current hotshots of Paramount don't like Star Trek, they could at least have the decency to sell the rights to some other company which could make something out of it.

I love Voy but no way.

Voyager ran its course and the story is over. To do a movie about what happens afterwards is a completely different story altogether so I can't see how it can be credibly called a Voyager movie when all it would do is mearly have Voy characters in a completely different story and setting.

Honestly, I think that the best they could come up with is a movie with characters from all three series, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. There would be something in it for fans of all series which will probably draw more spectators than a movie for just one of the series.

I would endorse this idea.

not.... enuff....... exclamation........ points........ on keyboard.........

OMG YES!!!!!!!

see what i mean. I wanna see what happened. I found this great story years ago and have never been able to find it since about the last month or so b4 voyager got home and a little beyond. I was so well written. The author had written it b4 neelix left (sorry) and it was great. drat now i will have to find it.

but yes VOYAGER MOVIE GOOD

Guest Voyager

I'm half and half on the subject. Voyager is my favourtie TV series in the world, which make me want a movie, but since the 'Homecoming/fathershore' books have come out, I'd only want a movie that followed that story line, so as not to lose continuity. Part of me also says no, because the end of the series was so excellent, it would be a shame to bring something after it.

Hey People!

First off, let me say, that I am new, but if I like this forum, I won't be staying that way for long, for I do love to put my $0.02 worth out there, and manage to do so in a way that is of the meaning what I say, and saying what I mean quality, never paying attention to hurting someone's ego, for hey, I call it the way I see it, and with that having been said, allow me to move on to the points I would like to make.

Point One:

It is EASY to see why some of you are FANS and NOT WRITERS, for the lack of analytical perception and imagination, in seeing the worth of a Star Trek Series, Understanding the complexities and symbolisms of the Episodes, including Time Travel Ramifications. WHY do I say that, HMMMMMMM, and what gives me the right to come off with my opinions would be to say, that I'm a WRITER & EVERYONE's got a right to their opinion, no matter how ignorant or biased it may or may not be.

Point Two:

VOYAGER would make a GREAT MOVIE, but as was the case with the FIRST "TNG" Movie, "Generations" - other Crew Members were and could be introduced in a NEW VOYAGER MOVIE. Personally, upon really thinking about it, a NEW VOYAGER MOVIE, INCORPORATING DEEP SPACE NINE, would not only be a GREAT IDEA, but it would also pay respectful homeage to all the FANS of both of those shows, and could help be the TWIST OFF for a NEW STAR TREK EPISODE, INCORPORATING ANY ACTORS INTERESTED FROM PREVIOUS ONES.

Point Three:

Again, Voyager would not only make a GREAT movie, but it was an equally GREAT SERIES to that of THE NEXT GENERATION, remembering the ADVANTAGE THAT TNG had, was that it was the FIRST New Star Trek to air, after the Original, some 20 + years prior, so it already had a fan base, ready and willing to give it a try no matter what. Whereas, Voyager Came in THIRD after TNG, and also, after Deep Space Nine, which in my opinion was boring and DRY, lacking adventure, and found with me to be more th Soap Opera Version of Star Trek, then an Space-Travelling Action Adventure, so I have seen no more than about 20 or 30 episodes.....of the first season, when I realized it just wasn't for me. (Mind you since, I do have it to look forward to, for they are still TREASURED UNSEEN EPISODES YET TO CHERISH DURING MY FIRST TIME VIEWING, no matter how I feel they compare to the other episodes.

Personally, I was reluctant to give VOYAGER a chance, but I must say, that upon giving it just that, I have come to be emotionally involved in the Characters and with the whole Series of it, and feel that in my EYES, it is just as GREAT as TNG, just that it is so, in it's own endearing way. Also, it is imbued with wonderful philosophy, character-development, high-flying-at-the-seat-of-your-pants episodes, that will truly make you sit forward and pay attention at the incredibly interesting storylines, with which it was written.

For those who have not given it a chance yet, LUCKY YOU - To Still Have Such A Treasure To Behold!!!

Point Four:

To whomever mentioned that Voyager was already WRAPPED UP, for they got home, and Captain Janeway was an Admiral, etc etc, would be to remind you, that THAT OLDER CAPTAIN (Admiral) GOT DESTROYED when she willingly went to make a visit to the Borg, whereby she was found, got assimilated, and managed to infect a good majority of the BORG including THE MAIN QUEEN herself, when the Young Captain Janeway, gave her a shot of something that would poison the BORG......... The Future she came from ENDED the moment she successfully managed to send the Voyager Crew & her younger self back to the Alpha Quadrant. So, truly imaginative writers, would have no problem bringing back a Borg Queen from her downloaded MIND and New Genetic/Cyborg Body, with a Motivated VENGENCE to get back at Star Fleet & Its Voyager Crew, for destroying so much of all the Borg Queen worked hard for, during the day they went back home........and now they await their vindictive vengence.............

STAR TREK: "The New Crew"

Star Fleet needs to REALLY get tactical in ways they never dreamed of before, because the threat of the BORG has never been more immenient, especially with other Species like the Romulans, or those even more dangerous than the Borg, from yet another Galaxy unheard of, always trying to rid the Alpha Quandrant of Star Fleet Influence, better advancing their own selfish motivations for domination.

This new STAR TREK episode, could be one of developing technically-superior tactical weapson, ship-armour, weapons, and strategies of beating out the enemy, along with finding new alliances, with the efforts reaching out to further employ, anyone and everyone still alive during this emergence of ALL the Star Treks, except "Enterprise," into this new one show, for anyone interested.

I, myself, would love to see Captain Picard, Worf, Data, Jordi, Deana, William, Captain Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Belana, Seven-of-Nine, Tom, Harry, and of course that extremely sarcastic and witty Emergency Doctor, not too mention anyone else from the Original Star Trek, or Deep Space Nine -- all getting back together, to carry on Gene Roddenbury's Star Trek LEGACY, that is as much for the FANS as it is for the HUGE RATINGS!

^Voyager became complete camp in the seventh season (with a few notable episode exceptions) and really lost its legs IMO. When Barclay and Deanna started chatting it up with them over some weird comlink, well that was SO contrived and just kind of bizarre.

They dropped off Neelix, they paired up Chakotay and Seven, Janeway was off romancing some holoperson on the holodeck in full hoopskirt regalia ... just weird.

They should have left Voyager in the Delta Quadrant in the series, then they would had to have had a movie to bring them home ... end of story. That was the story the entire time ... get home. They got home. Too bad, really, because I would really have been interested in what happened to the Maquis crew members, their reactions to the Dominion War, Cardassia's utter destruction.

You can tell with the direction Voyager was allowed to go there at the end, that no one ever intended to make a Voyager movie. DS9 was never going to get a movie either ... they broke up the crew on purpose in both of those series.

By the way, I'm sorry, Dream Redeemer, but if you think that DS9 was "dry" and lacked adventure then you obviously were not watching from about Season 3 on. And, personally, I prefer the soap opera approach with a show that is as character-driven as DS9 was. I cared about those people (Voyager was like that, too, for me). When Worf joined the show in Season 4, and you had the Klingons breaking the Kittimer Accords, declaring war on Cardassia, the Federation and anyone else who got in their way. Then the Romulans becoming allies with the Federation against the Dominion, the Founders, the JemH'adar ... good grief, DS9 had plenty of action and adventure. And the special effects were big screen quality.

There was never going to be a DS9 movie nor a way for the casual fan to get into the show due to the modulating frequency in which it was aired ... you never knew when it was going to be on, for that matter you didn't know from one season to the next which flippin' network was going to air it. Hard to keep a strong fan base interested in it, especially after Voyager popped onto the scene and aired consistently in the same time slot week after week. How was the red-headed stepchild DS9 supposed to compete with that?

UPN was nearly the death of Star Trek. The series on DVDs is the best thing that has happened for Trek in recent years.

I would love to see a VOY movie. I liked the series, but then again I'm a huge trekkie, so I like anything trek. I dont care what the new movie is, as long as it's trek in some form.

I would like to see them make a Star Trek voyager movie if they can do it and bring back the cast members. it might happen might not happen if they make a voyager movie or not maybe be a hit maybe not who knows got to wait n see.....

Kate Mulgrew as Janeway's voice sometime it break up because she smoked that what I think....

:elephant: I would Love to see a Voyager movie. I miss watching Voyager so much and I don't get any channels that show any Voyager at all. :elephant::laugh:

Well, for those of you who want more Voyager, I suggest the continuation novels "Homecoming" and "The Farther Shore". I just read them, they're pretty good. I recommend them to Voyager fans, at least. I would sell them, but my wife and I are watching Voyager, and she's going to want to read them when I'm done. I wrote a sort of review about them.

Hopefully after Trek 11 fails they consider a DS9 or Voyager movie, but it's unlikely.