Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Type Of Music(sorry if this is already a thread)

What type of music do you like?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What type of music do you like?

• Rock
    • Punk
    • Goth
    • Classic Rock
    • Hard Rock
    • Metal
    • Heavy Metal
    • Rap
    • Reggae
    • Comedy
    • Techno
    • Dance
    • Club
    • Pop
    • Acoustic
    • Alternative
    • Ambient
    • Blue Grass
    • Blues
    • Bebop
    • Classical
    • Country
    • Hip-Hop
    • Christian Rock
    • Christian Rap
    • Christian Metal
    • Gospel
    • Bass
    • Euro-Trance
    • Euro-Pop
    • Euro-Club
    • Euro-Rock
    • Foreign(Chinese/Japanese/African/Etcetra)
    • Punk Rock
    • R&B
    • Soundtrack
    • Other
    • More then one of the above.

Well, i hope i covered most of the major and none major genres of music. Sorry if i missed one, but thats what other is for. Also, if you like more then one of the genres(like most people) click the bottom button. PLEASE BEFORE YOU PICK THAT, try and pick your favorite of them all. If you have more then one, then you can pick that. Also, tell us why you like that.

Of course more than one of the above. No one can like just one type of music. I like any Rock, Pop, Instrumental, Dance, Foreign, and Soundtrack.

I'll Listen To Anything That Sounds Good To Me, But I'm Mainly A Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal Fan. :yahoo:

So..Would I Vote...More Than One?

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I love music period, almost every genre is my favorite, one day I’ll listen to death metal and the next day I’ll listen to Jazz, Country or Reggae. I love it all but out of your list, I like

Rock

Punk

Goth

Classic Rock

Hard Rock

Metal

Heavy Metal

Reggae

Comedy

Techno

Dance

Club

Pop

Alternative

Blue Grass

Classical

Country

Punk Rock

R&B

Soundtrack

Other-Smooth Jazz

I voted Club :yahoo:

But i also like;

Dance

Euro-Club

Euro-Trance

Rap

Reggae

Rock

Punk

Punk Rock

Soundtrack

Techno

Genre's i like which were not listed;

Freeform

Hardcore

Hard dance

Hard Trance

Old Skool Hardcore

I like a ton of styles, but my favorite off the list has to be Christian rock tied with Christian adult contemporary (not on list).

I don't like em that much, except when they start rapping, it sounds hilarious.

330361[/snapback]

Actually, it's not Big Kenny and John Rich rapping on their album (Except for one part at the end of "Real World") It's Cowboy Troy. He's got an album out now, which features Big and Rich on a few songs, and also features Tim McGraw, too. the album is "Loco Motive"

Grunge, indie, alternative, hard rock, glam rock, funk rock, metal, rap/metal crossovers, old skool hip hop, mowtown, atlantic soul, late 20's/early 30's jazz, rave (of the more tuneful kind rather than hardcore), soundtracks, funny high-sprited pop, the dark side of the 80s (Joy Division, sisters of Mercy etc) and whatever bracket you put Tori Amos in.

My favourite depends on my mood so I couldn't pick an overall favourite genre - unless you include a category call 'music involving Chris Cornell' :yahoo:

The one I voted was More than one of the above... because I really cannot pick just one, I would have then voted Classical but that leaves out so much.

Jazz- a bunch of variations... my personal favorite would be Ragtime, though I do love good Dixieland, Swing, Stride, and Big Band

Easy listening

New Age- Enya, Loreena McKennit, Clannad(true these could be listed as Celtic but they are commonly put with New Age), Carlos Nakai (like the first ones could be grouped elsewhere but he is placed here often... Native American flute music). Pure Moods series, Some Yanni & John Tesh, Mannheim Steamroller, and a bunch of others

Folk - songs like Both Sides Now (Judy Collins, or Joni Mitchell), Greenfields by Brothers Four, also going into Protest Rock (like "One Tin Soldier" by Coven, "Eve Of Destruction" by Barry McGuire, "War" by Edwin Starr... and the likes). Often times I will see John Denvers music listed here along with Simon & Garfunkle... so I have to mention them too, loved growing up listening to their music.

Rock

Goth ( I have seen Evanescence listed as this so I am including it)

Classic Rock

Hard Rock

Heavy Metal (only some, like Metallica... mainly have heard them when they work together with Trans-Siberian Orchestra whom I like a lot. Plus a few songs I heard when I was hanging out with my best friend. One I liked for a long while though was "Nothing Else Matters")

Reggae

Comedy (Cletus T. Judd, Wierd Al Yankovic, and others)

Pop

Acoustic

Alternative

Blue Grass (Alison Krauss & Union Station especially, oh and Dolly Parton)

Blues

Classical (Beethoven, Grieg, Holst, Stravinski, Paganini, Rimsky-Korsakov(sp??), Saint-Saens, Satie, Strauss-all of them, and a whole bunch of others)

Country (Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Darryl Worley, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Lonestar, Brooks & Dunn, Josh Gracin- well when he does that song "Nothing to Lose" anyhow, Phil Vassar and a few others)

Christian Rock

Foreign(Chinese/Japanese/African/Etcetra) ---Music from my ancestral backgrounds especially (Norwegian, German, Danish, Polish, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Russian... and then though not foreign, Cree Indian).... oh and outside my ancestries... J-POP (especially from some anime series)!!! Plus Cirque du Soleil's music :yahoo: And I love singing to these as well). one of the groups I could list is Gaelic Storm for the Celtic/Irish music :laugh:

R&B

Soundtrack - A bunch of them I could list!

Broadway/Showtunes - especially: Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sunset Boulevard(at least the tracks I have gotten to hear), Oliver!, Tommy, Jekyll & Hyde, West Side Story, Oklahoma, Wicked the Musical, Grease.. and a bunch of songs from various plays.

I voted 'Alternative,' although I also like 'Hard Rock' and even some 'Metal.' :yahoo:

I'm actually quite picky when it comes to music... :laugh:

I don't really know. I voted Techno before I seen "More then one of the above.".

I like;

Techno

Alternative

Euro-Pop (is that not the same thing as Techno?)

Foreign(Chinese/Japanese/African/Etcetra)

Soundtrack

Anthems (was not on the list)

:yahoo: Tuff question so i voted more then one of the above,i like...Rap.Techno.Regga.Rock.some heavy metal,but i cant stand R&B :laugh:

Depends on my mood.

330673[/snapback]

Same here. Today I'm in a Classical kind of mood. About the only thing I won't listen to is gangster rap.

Hell yeah! Ask Gary in a PM about that, he'll tell ya how much I love one of their songs!

330358[/snapback]

I don't know that that is safe to discuss anywhere on this board, hun. Not even in PM.

I'm a country kind of guy. My friends call me a "Suburban Cowboy" or "City slickin' country boy"