Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Chica

StarLog 58008: New girl on list

Hi, i'm new to this forum. I would just like to say i'm so glad i found a place where i could talk about star trek and anything star trek related! I have been a huge star trek fan for years but just recently got a computer and now i'm so glad i did! :(

i'm a huge fan of the original series the most (even though picard is a hottie! hehe) and wanted all my life to meet william shatner so bad. he was so sexy in the old show hehe. Has anyone here ever actually met him in real life?? If so, i would love to hear about it, even see pics if anyone has any!

I know i probably sound dumb to all you guys, but i live in a small town and alot of friends tease me about my addiction to star trek. anyone relate to this? i read all the novels and have recently even began trying to learn kilngon! anyone else learn it? it's rather hard but i keep on trying! :blush:

what's your guys favorite novels? Mine would have to be Day of Honor, book 4: Treaty's Law by James Yanni! I like it mainly because there is alot of action, but there is alos alot going on behind the action as well. I particularily enjoy this book because i'm a fan of the kilingons and a HUGE fan of captain kirk, and this book has both! One can argue that the relationship between Captain Kirk and the Klingon Commander is rather amiable given the time frame, but i dont care i enjoyed it immensely! If u haven't yet read this book, i suggest u do.

sorry im going on and on i just dont want u guys to think i'm a dumb chick that doesnt know what im talking about.

I imagine there are some pretty smart guys on here :blush:

anyway any captain kirk meeting stories??

Welcome and yes I have met the great Shatner. At least I saw him at a con I went to in Ohio. I know he does nice things but I thought he was a little stuck up. He did not give autographs and he only talked on stage for about an hour. It just seemed to me that he was their for the money. Like I said he does great causes but it seems to me that he thinks we should all get a life. IMHO

Nothing much to tell really.

I am this site's resident troublecauser and antagonist but ONLY when someone provokes me. :(

Generally, I just tend to speak my mind and say what I want. Whether people like what I say or not, at least they get a honest and direct opinion from me.

Hello STC! No, I haven't met the Shat man yet. Though I am going to a convention in August where he's going to be. So there is a chance..There will be lots of stars at this Vegas con. I'm more interested in meeting Nana Visitor of course but that's just me..I like the original series..It will always be special to me.. These days I seem to be more into DS9..

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll have fun here.. :(

Greetings from a friendly Borg. :borgqueen: Welcome.

By the way, I'm also trying to learn Klingon.

:blush: Heghlu'meh QaQ'jajvam. ( Today is a good day to die. ) :blush:

The pronounce is the most difficult part.

:(

Welcome to the site Star Trek Chica, see you on the boards and try dropping into the chat room sometime.

Oh and don't forget to give the trivia a try! Get your answers in before Friday and get your name in the rankings.

wow guys and gals thanks for the big warm welcome! i'm blushing! :blush 2:

so what does it mean that this topic is "beamed" anyway?

so can any of u guys im talking to post pics of yourselves. i'd love to see yas, especially you my highness :( hehe

anyway kisses all!

hey!!! i haven't been posting here recently, so if i was, i would've been the first one to post in this thread!!! haha. ignore me, i'm real eccentric. just ask anyone here. excep for....nevermind.

welcome to the boards!!!!!!!!

:blush: :(

STC, 'beamed' just means that it was moved into a different forum..Looks like one of the Mods felt that your thread should be in the 'New Members' forum rather than 'TOS'.

BTW, I host Trek Trivia every week, so stop by and check out the questions if you're into that type of thing..

I imagine there are some pretty smart guys on here :(

329246[/snapback]

Welcome to the site, I look forward to seeing you around the forums. There's some pretty smart women (and girls) on the site also.

Enjoy the site.

Hi, i'm new to this forum. I would just like to say i'm so glad i found a place where i could talk about star trek and anything star trek related! I have been a huge star trek fan for years but just recently got a computer and now i'm so glad i did!  :(

i'm a huge fan of the original series the most (even though picard is a hottie! hehe) and wanted all my life to meet william shatner so bad. he was so sexy in the old show hehe. Has anyone here ever actually met him in real life?? If so, i would love to hear about it, even see pics if anyone has any!

I know i probably sound dumb to all you guys, but i live in a small town and alot of friends tease me about my addiction to star trek. anyone relate to this? i read all the novels and have recently even began trying to learn kilngon! anyone else learn it? it's rather hard but i keep on trying!  :blush:

what's your guys favorite novels? Mine would have to be Day of Honor, book 4: Treaty's Law by James Yanni! I like it mainly because there is alot of action, but there is alos alot going on behind the action as well. I particularily enjoy this book because i'm a fan of the kilingons and a HUGE fan of captain kirk, and this book has both! One can argue that the relationship between Captain Kirk and the Klingon Commander is rather amiable given the time frame, but i dont care i enjoyed it immensely! If u haven't yet read this book, i suggest u do.

sorry im going on and on i just dont want u guys to think i'm a dumb chick that doesnt know what im talking about.

I imagine there are some pretty smart guys on here :blush:

329246[/snapback]

Welcome aboard. I'm generally considered a smart guy, considering my credentials (Graduated with a BA from UW Madison carrying a 3.1 GPA), but I'm also married with a trio younglings. Never met shatner, but....<Read below>

Welcome and yes I have met the great Shatner.  At least I saw him at a con I went to in Ohio.  I know he does nice things but I thought he was a little stuck up.  He did not give autographs and he only talked on stage for about an hour.  It just seemed to me that he was their for the money.  Like I said he does great causes but it seems to me that he thinks we should all get a life. IMHO

329253[/snapback]

I recommend his book, "Get A Life". Very informative.

Welcome to StarTrekfans.net!!! :blush:

Hope you enjoy it here......see you out there :(

Hi Star Trek Chica! Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it.

I've been a TOS fan since the beginning of the show. I have seen Shatner speak at two conventions. He is very humourous but does seem somewhat self absorbed. He does support some good causes and has strong interests, like raising horses. I love his work on Boston Legal! :frusty:

Take care and see you on the boards and perhaps in chat!

Hi, i'm new to this forum. I would just like to say i'm so glad i found a place where i could talk about star trek and anything star trek related! I have been a huge star trek fan for years but just recently got a computer and now i'm so glad i did!  :frusty:

I know i probably sound dumb to all you guys, but i live in a small town and alot of friends tease me about my addiction to star trek. anyone relate to this? i read all the novels and have recently even began trying to learn kilngon! anyone else learn it? it's rather hard but i keep on trying!  :clap:

I imagine there are some pretty smart guys on here :)

329246[/snapback]

wavey.gifWelcome to STARTREKFANS!

I went to a Con starring Shatner but he wasn't doing autographs. B)

I relate but I'm not as nerdy about my fandom as I used to be. I can be coaxed out of my shell though with the right circumstances. :dude:

I really like The Eugenics Wars, G. Cox is a great author of fun Trek. B)