Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

Favorite kid

Who is your favorite kid/young person in Star Trek?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite kid/young person in Star Trek?

• Wesley
    • Alexander
    • Jake
    • Nog
    • Molly
    • Naomi
    • Icheb
    • One time/Movie kid

I've seen the young ones (I say 'young ones' because I know Jake and Wesley aren't kids) in Star Trek and I always thought that they are a good edition to any episode. Sometimes they're fun and sometimes they are used for a dramatic effect. Sometimes they're main characters so they're just 'there'.

Me, I liked Timothy from the TNG episode Hero Worship. I thought it was cool how he addored Data, and I thought his story was tradgic.

I voted Nog because he became so involved in the show without being a "permanent cast member"

Actually, I've gotta go with Naomi Wildman. Sure, she could be obnoxious at times, but otherwise she was a fun character (also a good actress on Reba now).

Also liked the alien kid ("Jean-Luc") from TNG's "Future Imperfect", Molly, and Wesley.

Jake and Nog were ok, but Nog annoyed me in the early seasons of DS9, and Jake annoyed me in the latter ones. :assimilated:

I see Naomi Wildman was in quite a few episodes. I only saw her in one of the 4 episodes I've watched so I didn't know. You can add her to the poll if you want.

Hey, ST. :assimilated:

Since you seemed to be going for all the young persons who were regular or recurring in the series, I went ahead and added Icheb as well. He was pretty much the Wesley Crusher of VOY's latter seasons. If you don't want it that way, just say the word.

It was interesting to see Icheb's little crush on Seven of Nine, and his story was sad about how his parents basically forced him to be a weapon against the Borg. However, I don't have a favourite young actor on the show.

I voted Icheb. I liked the character even though I wasn't completely familiar with his backstory.

Other young characters I liked that can be included in the one time appearance category are Marissa (Disaster), Gia (Thine Own Self) and Jono (Suddenly Human). Since they technically count as young characters, I was also impressed by the performances of the young actors who played Picard, Guinan, Keiko and Ro in Rascals.

I liked the Jake and Nog friendship as they went from kids to teenagers to adults. Was probably intended to bring in a new generation of trekkies.

Wesley, but I did like Alexander. (Are you referring to Worf's son there? )

I voted for Alexander. Though I also thought the kids from Disaster, Gia from Thine Own Self, the kid versions of the crew in Rascals (especially when they get the Ferengi off the ship), and Artim from Insurrection were also all good. Artim though he was kind of a pain in the rear at first, I liked seeing the morph from fearing Data to becoming his friend.

I say Alexander. Something about him and his character (as in attitude) just appeals to me. And it's just a coincidence that my fav kid on Star Trek shares a first name with me! :yahoo:

Wesley, but I did like Alexander. (Are you referring to Worf's son there? )

329110[/snapback]

Yes, Alexander... (Rochengo?) Son of Worf.

Favorite Young Person in Trek!

---------------------------------------

1.Wesley

2.Jake/Nog

3.Alexander ("Worf's Son TNG-DS9")

4.Ichep

5.Naomi Wildman

:look: :blink: :) :)

Naomi Wildman. She was really cute without becoming obnoxious. I also think, that the authors handled her pretty well - she wasn't too important, but here and there we saw her.