Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Patrick Stewart: Star Trek is Over for Me

“Patrick Stewart: Star Trek is Over for Me”

Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart has ruled out any chance of returning to the cult sci-fi franchise that made him a star.

Patrick - known to millions as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in the popular TV series and spin-off films - puts his decision down to the poor performance of the last Star Trek movie at the box office.

The 62-year-old actor says, "I have totally left Star Trek behind. It finished when our last movie, Nemesis, was not as successful as we'd all hoped.

"I think we're a little disappointed, we're a trifle bitter, because there are a group of us who think it's the best of the Star Trek films."

And Patrick confesses to being upset that his Trekkie career didn't finish with a bang.

He says, "I'm not sad Star Trek is over - I was ready for that - but I'm sad that it ended with a whimper, especially with a script that was extremely thoughtful, with such good performances all round."

--CBS http://www.wtev.com/entertainment/story.as...3C-2BF638CF3C4C

How do you feel about this?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

:laugh::bow: :o all i can say is NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want, no NEED, another TNG movie! :wow:

I told you guys there won't be another full cast TNG movie.  As long as more than one TNG character stars in the next movie, I'll consider it a TNG movie. :laugh:

Lol :o

Only time will tell, if the money and quality of script is right I can't see him turning down the part.

I agree. The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

This is sad, but I understand why he feels that way...

And, well, the film was against the two tower and all.. Didn't help!

I hope he does an appearance in a new ST film or serie if they are one.

But I can understand he wants to pass to something else...

Yeah, I think his main reason is that he wanted to leave on a high note, while I agree with him that NEMESIS rocked, it just didn't do well in theaters becuase of competition and becuase people have lost interrest in the TNG story. I do, however, hope he returns in one more movie via cameo or short role. :rolleyes:

The movie did not do well because it had to compete with Two Towers. Its a shame but true. If they had the movie open in November, maybe things would have been different.

I don't blame him at all. I'm sorry TNG went out the way it did, but it has still touched the hearts of millions no matter how Nemesis did. I hope the actors remember that.

Too bad. Stewart was what drew to TNG in the first place...STILL..and despite CJLP writes...having a full cast TNG movie without Picard could possibly happen, but with the facts of it not pulling in enough coin evident that is doubtful. The question is....with Nemisis not doing as well as predicted can Paramount warrant another film with another cast.

Would it? When a Star Trek move is released in theatres..We ( die hard fans) go to see our loved characters who've we've grown with and watched go through other adventures. The try to make it 'just an action film' with star trek themes but the other half of the fan base still stays away. Introducing a brand spanking new cast would make it just another adventure film while "borrowing" star trek storylines.

Perhaps, perhaps not.  They could introduce a new cast and make it a mystery/explorration story.  However, I agree...  they should use existing characters, as that's kinda the point of the movies.

It's been a long time...but we finally agree.

Stardate:213471.2

Well i expected it to happen the signs have been there ever since Nemesis flopped in the box office.

The movie did not do well because it had to compete with Two Towers. Its a shame but true. If they had the movie open in November, maybe things would have been different.

Trouble with a November release is that then Nemesis would have been up against Harry Potter and James Bond, both of which are big-hitters.

I actually find myself daring to disagree with Patrick Stewart! I didn't find the script to be that great at all, and the plot, whilst good, wasn't played right. Shinzon wasn't aggressive enough, and I would have liked to see the Scimitar reach earth- at least then I'd get a sense of greater danger.

And dammit, better character work!!!!

I didn't find the script to be that great at all, and the plot, whilst good, wasn't played right.  Shinzon wasn't aggressive enough, and I would have liked to see the Scimitar reach earth- at least then I'd get a sense of greater danger.

And dammit, better character work!!!!

appl.gifappl.gif

Not much to else to add, you expressed my feelings perfectly. Especially the character work part!

Well I think Stewart is right. He played Jean-Luc Picard for so many years. He has always been an actor playing theatre chars and none in front of a camera. He wants to go back to where he cames from (and he does so right now) and that's okay. I am sad that he won't play Jean-Luc another time but I can understand his decision. He will come back for some movies (X-Men 3, I think) so I am not THIS sad. And I hope I can see him doing a stage role one day... If I get some money I will travel to London and see what I can do :) :bow::bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Sign in to follow this