Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Trek: First Contact

What rating would you give Star Trek: "First Contact"?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Star Trek: "First Contact"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

PRODUCTION NUMBER: 008

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 11.22.1996

STARDATE: 50893.5

Technology:

Jefferies tube

deflectors

temporal rift

torpedoes

Place:

Earth

Neutral Zone, Romulan

Alien:

Borg

Romulans

Vulcans

Ship:

Borg cube

Deep Space Five

Defiant, U.S.S. (NX-74205)

Enterprise-E, U.S.S.

Phoenix

Character:

Admiral Hayes

Beverly Crusher

Borg Queen

Data

Deanna Troi

Dr. Zefram Cochrane

Geordi La Forge

Jean-Luc Picard

Lily Sloane

Lt. Hawk

William Riker

Worf

I thought that this movie was really, really good! It let us see Zefram Cochrane, and what he did. I loved it when data was like "Lock and load" or something like that. The best parts would have to have been the parts with the Borg Queen. It was really interesting! Anyway, i give it a 5!

HEY!! Where is the poll choice of a 10?!?!? Ok, just kidding. I rated this film a five. This was the most outstanding Trek film I have ever seen! From the storyline, to the music, to the special effects, to.... well everything about it. It was a well done film from start to finish! :P

@LOTB... psst, "Saddle Up, Lock and Load" was Insurrection, not First Contact. FC was "I believe I speak for everyone,sir, when I say 'To Hell with our orders.'" that and "Resistance is futile" just before he smashes the coolant tank.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I give this one a five also. It had the right mix of humor, serious acting, action and special effects. Stewart got a chance to show his stuff. As did the rest of the cast. Seeing Troi drunk always cracks me up. That perhaps is one of the funniest moments of the TNG cast. You rarely saw Troi let her down.

Yes, I also thought Cromwell did a great job in his roll as Cochrane.

I did also give it a 5. It's my favorite movie, and it has alot of my favorite Trek stuff in it:

Favorite Captain: Picard.

Favorite character: Worf.

Favorite Starfleet vessel: Enterprise-E.

Favorite planet: Earth.

Favorite enemy ship: Borg Cube.

Favorite species: Borg.

So you see why I really like this movie, it also have humour, action, etc. and good effects! :borgqueen:

:P

Edited by 3 of 7

Not one of my favorites among the "Next Generation" movies, but they're all really good, and FC did have a lot of good stuff. As has been mentioned, Troi drunk was priceless. There were a lot of good scenes -- Geordi seeing the sun rise, the confrontation between Worf and Picard, "To hell with our orders", the space battle against the Borg Cube, time travel, everyone seeing Cochrane is just a guy, not a god... oh, and Steppenwolf at the end. Being the only Trek film (right?) with classic rock gives it a special distinction.

First Contact was excellent,but not my favorite Trek.I'd rank it 3rd,behind Insurrection and Star Trek:The Motion Picture.I still haven't seen Nemesis.

I gave it a 4. This movie had the potential to be the best Trek movie ever but the dismal direction of Frakes and some poor writing regarding some of the characters merely made it a good movie.

I really liked this film. It's definately among the best of the Trek films. It was great to see another Borg face-off. I wasn't sure whether to give it a four and reserve the five for 'Wrath of Khan' or not but eventually went with the five.

Absolutely great film. I own it and never get tired of watching it. Definetly one of my all-time favorite movies.

5, The True Start of the TNG Movies, and TheEnterprie-E is sweet, comparing this to Generations is like comparing a Corvette to a Dodge Omni, I have always wonder if we think this movie is so good, because Generations was soooooo bad

Geordi seeing the sun rise,

332771[/snapback]

Eh... not to be picky, but.. That scene you mention here is not in First Contact, but in Insurrection.

:naughty:

I friigin loved this flick!!!

I laughed more that anything!

Data: I believe I speek for everyone when I say. To hell with our orders!

oh, and when Zimmerman launched the warp module

The music bit was so awesome!

:(

I liked the special effects and most of the story on this.

The one element I do not like is the introduction of the Borg Queen. This does not do justice to the Borg prior to this movie and is something that could have been done without.

For this reason I give it a good rating.

Star Trek:First Contact

-------------------------------

It Gets a 5 from me also

so only Kirk saw ZC in the Future (TOS)

and Picard saw ZC in the Past with the Prototype Warp Ship Module (FC)

and what happened to the Borg Cube after it got destroyed the after effects ENT Eps ("Regeneration")

With this movie, I've begun the last 100 DVDs of Trek since I started this little escapade. And I loved this movie. 5 for me. Great humor, terrific acting, especially from Woodard. Loved the inclusion of Picardo as well. And Phelps without the Neelix costume. And the Dixon Hill scene, too. Excellent.

This was the greatest Star Trek movie ever! The battle with the Borg was amazing. It showed how tough and ruthless the Borg were at Wolf 359. I also like the latter tie in with ENT episode 'Regeneration'.

One of the best TNG movies. Some trivia:

Notes from Memory Alpha:

Despite the use of the television series uniforms in the previous film, Star Trek Generations, this is the only movie starring The Next Generation cast where the television series combadge is seen, as visible on Picard's uniform in the "Best of Both Worlds" flashback in the opening of the film.

The reference that Data makes about using his "fully functional organs" seemingly references the time he used them with Tasha in TNG: "The Naked Now", eight years before the Borg invasion.

First Contact references and even explicitly quotes Moby Dick. Despite the story parallels, the producers hesitated using it, as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was also heavy in Moby Dick references. Two years after First Contact premiered, Patrick Stewart played Captain Ahab in a 1998 TV mini-series.

Early in the movie, Zefram Cochrane points out the constellation Leo, the constellation in which Wolf 359 is located.

First Contact marked the first time the words "Star Trek" were ever uttered in the franchise. In the TNG finale "All Good Things...", however, Q tells Picard "It's time to put an end to your trek through the stars."

The different holosuite programs on the Enterprise-EThe program menu in the holosuite depicts various holodeck programs from previous episodes. Specifically: Café des Artistes (TNG: "We'll Always Have Paris"), Charnock's Comedy Cabaret (TNG: "The Outrageous Okona"), "The Big Goodbye" (TNG: "The Big Goodbye", "Manhunt", "Clues"), Emerald Wading Pool (TNG: "Conundrum") and the "Equestrian Adventure" (TNG: "Pen Pals").

During the end of the Dominion War, Quark would speak, in DS9: "The Dogs of War", the same words ("The line must be drawn here! This far and no further!") as Picard does during Star Trek: First Contact.

Riker calls the Defiant a "tough little ship." In the DS9 episode "Defiant", Thomas Riker called it the same thing.

According to the (apocryphal) Customizable Card Game by Decipher, the Vulcan who greeted Zefram Cochrane was named Solkar, the grandfather of Sarek and the great-grandfather of Spock. This was later confirmed in ENT: "The Catwalk".

The events of Star Trek: First Contact were later referred to in DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow", VOY: "Year of Hell, Part II", and VOY: "Relativity". The Borg sphere was recovered in ENT: "Regeneration", while a slightly different version of Earth's first contact with Vulcans can be seen in ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly".

According to the ENT episode "Carbon Creek", though this movie records the first official contact between Earth and Vulcan, contact was actually made in 1957 in a place called Carbon Creek, Pennsylvania, nearly 110 years prior.

Subsequent Vulcan starships seen in Star Trek: Enterprise would be based upon the T'Plana-Hath-type lander seen in this movie.

The partial flesh in Data's face resembles the mask of the Phantom of the Opera.

The reference that Data makes about using his "fully functional organs" seemingly references the time he used them with Tasha in TNG: "The Naked Now", eight years before the Borg invasion.

I've always wondered about that. When Data.....er......"completes the task at hand".......what comes out?.....Motor oil?.......WD40?......or did Dr. Soong make a generous "donation" to Data when he created him?

Just something I've always wondered about..........

I loved First Contact!

Zefram and Lily were freaking AWESOME characters...and I loved that Data was seduced by the temptation of becoming more human.

The Borg-ified Enterprise is the stuff my nightmares are made of. :)

Sign in to follow this