Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Riddles

What rating would you give "Riddles"?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Riddles"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 227

Season: 6 Episode: 6

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 11.03.1999

Stardate: 53263.2

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Mark Moses as Naroq

Creative Staff:

Director: Roxann Dawson

Teleplay By: Robert Doherty

Story By: Andre Bormanis

Related Items:

None

It's "Tuvix" all over again! Remember that episode from the first few years where Tuvok and Neelix are "merged" in a transporter accident, and when they come up with the treatment, "Tuvix" doesn't want to go back to the way they were? Or "Latent Image" from Season 5 where the Doctor finds out his memory was erased and Janeway wants to erase it again?

Same scenario here. This time Tuvok and Neelix are on an away mission and Tuvok is attacked. Neelix gets him back in time for the Doctor to save him, and when he regains consciousness, he has no idea who he is. His recovery entails him becoming a cheerful and emotional guy, and when they come up with the treatment, of course he doesn't want to go back. You've seen this twice before, but I like this one a little better than "Tuvix" (a lot more really, "Tuvix" was kind of annoying) but "Latent Image" was a little better.

In this episode we see the Delta Flyer has two rooms. Didn't Runabout on DS9 have more rooms? I swear, I've seen every episode since Delta Flyer was built, and I've never seen that back room before. Nor have I heard a back room mentioned. Oh well, it's bigger than I thought.

Roxann Dawson directs, and unless she very briefly appears, we never see Torres in this episode. So the cast information above is sort of wrong to list her. :P

So there's hope for Tuvok after all. He was better after the accident, I don't see why they had to change him back. He could have learned how to work Tactical again. Everyone would have been happy. It's Tuvix all over again! Well, good episode.

Curses! I just read DR's review up there. I swear I didn't copy him! And yes, the Danubes did have more room, but it was never shown on DS9. In TNG's Timescape they show a dining room. I was quite surprised.

Edited by sea trooper

4. Agreed on the reminder of "Tuvix," but I really enjoyed that episode. This time, however, it's Russ himself playing the character. Actually, I was reminded more of Tuvok acting more like a human child. Reverting back to his child, except a human child, not a Vulcan child. But Russ does a good job with this one being more than his usual self, and then going back to normal (though who knows what order they filmed the scenes?) I'd agree with the decision to change him back. Yeah, he could learn tactical again, but could they afford to wait that long in case they came across any serious threats? Doubtful.

I love that we finally see some Tuvok/Neelix friendship in this one! I thought it was very sweet that Neelix convinces Tuvok to do the surgery, even though he knows it means Tuvok will go back to being cold, cynical Tuvok again. Five from me!

Yay for Neelix and Mr. Vulcan! :)

Sign in to follow this