Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

11:59

What rating would you give "11:59"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "11:59"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 217

Season: 5 Episode: 23

DVD Disc: 6

Air Date: 05.05.1999

Stardate: Unknown

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Kevin Tighe as Henry

Bradley Pierce as Jason

John Carroll Lynch as Moss

Christopher Curry as Driver

James Greene as Passerby

Kristina Hayes as Field Reporter

Creative Staff:

Director: David Livingston

Teleplay By: Joe Menosky

Story By: Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky

Related Items:

None

Another flat episode... most of this one takes place in the early 21st century, as we follow a story of Janeway's ancestors. Nothing otherwise happens... it has a strong ending, but the whole thing's sappy. Story-wise it's solid, but Trek-wise, it's filler. I could have skipped this one and not been any worse off.

Great episode. I love Star Trek's futuristic qualities (what else would we love it for?) but I love past-time/time travel/alternate time episodes the best. I could just watch any old show like 7th Heaven, or Gilmore Girls (:laugh:) but I'll never be satisfied. Only Star Trek can pull this stuff off. Well, watch this episode! It's good!

I suppose if I were to look at this episode in the big picture that is Star Trek, I wouldn't like this one, but I take each episode on its own, and this one was a 4. The witty and intelligent banter was good. Lynch as Moss was well executed too. A little predictable with no real twist, so that brings it down.

A LOT better than I expected it to be. The opening pre-credit narration lead me to believe this episode would be dull, but it turned out to be pretty good. I'm interested in my own ancestry, so it kind of appealed to me. 4 out of 5

I am old enough to remember Kevin Tighe, when he, and Randolph Mantooth starred in the 70's on 'Emergency'...he also has had other noteable genre appearances, such as John Locke's father on ''LOST''....I liked hearing the others recount some of their own ancestries, it gave more detail for backstories...and we see Kathryn's past folks. I wasn't as into this ep, but it was yet important for my second favorite character.But, then, there is the explorer, here, in her predecessor, which was so very much our Kathryn!

I'll always remember Kevin Tighe for the Tales from the Crypt episode "Cutting Cards". He plays poker with Lance Henrikson, and when a player loses a hand, the player also loses one of his fingers. Great episode and what i thought of when I watched this :P

Sign in to follow this