Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Course: Oblivion

What rating would you give "Course: Oblivion"?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Course: Oblivion"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Creative Staff:

Director: Anson Williams

Teleplay By: Bryan Fuller & Nick Sagan

Story By: Bryan Fuller

Related Items:

None

This is my new least favorite Voyager episode.

I've read a few places that "Threshold" from (I think) Season 2 is the least favorite among the Voyager fans. One of the extras on the DVD has the producers even apologizing for it. "Threshold" didn't bother me. It wasn't one of the best, but it was alright.

The episode starts out good. Paris and Torres are wed, and the whole crew starts getting sick. Meanwhile, the warp engines are causing the whole ship to destabilize at the molecular level. However, once we learn what's really going on, not only does it go downhill, but I completely stopped caring what happened. You'll see why about a third of the way in. I think they could have saved the episode by the end, but didn't. The ending itself wasn't terrible, but it could have been better.

Plus, the episode has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese. But I have to spoil the ending of this AND another episode (if I told which, it would be a spoiler) to go into that, so here we go.

Click For Spoiler
We find out the Voyager crew is getting sick and everything is getting destroyed because... get this... WAY back on the Demon planet, when they cloned the whole crew... Somehow the cloned crew managed to build a new Voyager, take off, and shortly after they began believing they were the real Voyager crew. The biggest hole is that the crew were cloned, not the whole ship. And surely back in "Demon" the aliens didn't take the crew's memory, just their likenesses. That being said, I don't think Seven's Borg implants would have been cloned... the Seven clone would actually be an Annika Hansen clone.

I liked this episode, clues were given from the very start, Tom was demoted a few episodes back, so I thought it was a dream at first, because he had 2 pips on his collar, also the ship landed on the demon planet, so why couldn't it be 'cloned' aswell? B)

Stupid ending to this episode.

There should of been some contact made with the real Voyager.

Very sad episode none the lesss

Sad episode. It was happy when I saw Tom and B'Elanna getting married, then I saw the Lt. Junior Grade pips on Paris and I thought he got promoted. Then B'Elanna died and I was sad but I knew something had to be wrong. B'Elanna is too good to kill! Then the plot thickened... it turns out that they're the T-1000 things from the episode Demon. They did a great makeup job in this episode, especially with Janeway.

2. I liked how they accounted for the loss of the Doctor, but not much else. Which is sad, because I loved the "Demon" episode, wherein it's basically a "What if Voyager had to land on Venus?" episode. This episode just dampens the whole story. Anyway, a subpar episode.

5. I love stories with a twist, and this one was a doozy. Just because it wasn't the Voyager crew didn't make me like the episode any less, but made me pay even more attention. I also really enjoyed the ending that didn't take the easy way out by having it be a happy ending. Voyager doesn't have to save the day every time and I'm glad that they didn't this time. It makes it more realistic when things don't always have a sunny side. I feel crazy to like it so much since it seems to be a not popular episode, but that would explain the voices in my head. lol.

I did feel the ending was sad, and to see how things develop..but also, the admirable courage, and determination shown by 'them' was something we'd expect from 'the others'-and the initial scene was something we might have witnessed, had we been little flies on the Mess Hall walls...nice.

Sign in to follow this