Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Endgame, Part II

What rating would give Endgame, Part II?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would give Endgame, Part II?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: Voyager

Season: 7

Episode #: 26

Production #: 272

Episode Name: Endgame, Part II

Original Air Date: 05.23.01

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Alice Krige as Borg Queen

Richard Herd as Admiral Paris

Dwight Schultz as Reginald Barclay

Richard Sarstedt as Starfleet Admiral

Joey Sakata as Engineering Officer

Director: Allan Kroeker

Teleplay By: Kenneth Biller & Robert Doherty

Story By: Rick Berman & Kenneth Biller & Brannon Braga

Can Admiral Janeway change the past before some of her friends are once again killed? If she can, at what cost?

“End Game” was a good final episode. One of the reasons this doesn’t get five stars is because it never showed what happened when they returned to Earth. It would have been nice to have seen Tuvok get cured, Seven and Chakotay get married and so on. But we are left high and dry only guessing what happened. That’s why it would be nice to see a Voyager movie, to answer some of these questions.

*** 1/2 out of *****

I'm writing my review for both episodes

I think one word can some up my review.

"MEH"

I reckon that if they were planning on making this such of an ending, it should have been dragged out over atleast 4 episodes.

It was a real shock having these casual season 7 episodes, then going WHOOSH! straight to the ending.

I have a big complaint about seeing when Voyager ACTUALLY made it back to earth, although you see it at the begining, it would have been WAY better (in my opinion) to have it layed out at the end. I feel this way, because I don't feel the fans got enough...... Closure.

Interesting story line though. I give it 5/10

It was worth the wait. Voyager never got the ratings it deserved. It some good writing and great acting. As for not knowing what happened to anybody, it gave it the feel it was not really the end. I liked it.

It's a 4 that would have been a five if they had done the ending right. As the others have mentioned, the ending itself lacked. So badly that the episode is dragged down a peg. Harry with his parents, Admiral and Tom Paris reunited and a welcoming of B'Elanna into the family, the Doctor with Dr. Zimmerman and Reg, Chakotay and Seven getting hitched and Irene Hansen and Chakotay's sister in attendance, Neelix being officially recognized by Starfleet command as the Delta Quadrant Ambassador; Naomi, Mezoti, Icheb and the twins blending into their social circles; Tuvok getting cured, amnesty for all Maquis members, Janeway getting decorated then schlitzed to relieve the pressure of the last seven years, and all those who served honorably and were lost posthumously decorated and commemorated by Starfleet. So much they should have included.... true it could have taken another half hour or so, but it would have been WORTH it!!

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

basically a cut and paste of my post in the VOY forum...

It was basically two hours of nonsense with a rushed resolution in the last two minutes and that's it... roll credits.

There were so many issues that developed during the series the writers could have touched upon like:

- the status of the Maquis crew members

- the reaction of Seven arriving home

- Kim and his parents

- Paris and his father

- Janeway possibly being court marshalled

- so many other unfinished issues

...and no... I won't accept "well use your imagination. The writers left it open ended for us to figure out ourselves." Nope. Its just plain slack writing.

So some more notes:

1. The Borg.

Throughout VOY the writers slowly transformed the Borg from hive mind scary to Cruella D'Ville clownish. The final "blow" being dealt in this episode. So many things don't make sense. By the way, can't the borg travel through time whenever they want to, and collect whatever goodies they like as depicted in other episodes? Ooops. I could soooo go on about this but I won't!

2. Time travel.

Why to this time? Why not back before VOY got into its mess in the first place? Why not use the technology that brought her back in time to go back home? Did anyone notice that plot hole?

3. Seven and Chakotay hooking up.

What the?!! Remember earlier on when Seven made a list of potential partners? Where was Chakotay then?

4. Seven's humanisation.

I couldn't help feeling that Seven's development was a little rushed in the episodes leading up the the finale. Plus, she seems to totally forget her knowledge about the borg when plot necessitates...

5. Emotion.

Apart from a slight hint of watery eye from Harry, we didn't get much of a chance to explore the emotion behind the crew's return. That would have been great to see. I mean.... 7 years. That is a lot of emotional build up right there.

All in all... it just felt like the writers of VOY knew school was about to be out and made a final dash before running out VOY Senior Highschool doors for good.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE Voyager... I LOVE Janeway... I've loved most of the episodes and characters. I've become a big fan of Kate.

Endgame however was totally disrespectful, in my opinion, to the spirit of Voyager.

RIP VOY

-Nel

Not sure off the cuff how to rate it. I do recall some memorable moments-some strongly dramtic ones, but I agree with a general sentiment, that I would have liked to see more-after they pulled into spacedock. The ''Homecoming'' novel covered some of that, thankfully, but in the end a screen ending would have been best-but the Borg and daring plot took the bulk of things...at least we fans can fashion our own ways we would have it all unfold-just not without Kathryn! Hint, hint, pro-novelisits!!

I gave it a five, it was an overall great way to end Voyager. Getting to see Janeway from the future helping out her past counterpart from making a grave decision, it was just amazing. The best part was with the ablative armor, brilliant, not that it is much to get happy about, but who cares, it was a great ep.

Sign in to follow this