Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Timeless

What rating would you give " Timeless"?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give " Timeless"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 201

Season: 5 Episode: 6

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 11.18.1998

Stardate: 52143.6

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

LeVar Burton as Geordi LaForge

Christine Harnos as Tessa Omond

Creative Staff:

Director: LeVar Burton

Teleplay By: Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky

Story By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky

Related Items:

Challenger, U.S.S.

Wow, this was an amazing episode! I just watched it. :rolleyes:

Starts out with Chakotay and Kim on an ice planet, and just before the title sequence, they find Voyager trapped under the ice. Apparently the Voyager crew had built a second Slipstream engine, but the flight went wrong. Chakotay and Kim were in the Delta Flyer and made it back to Earth, and are planning on violating the Temporal Prime Directive to correct the past.

I've been impresssed with the visuals on every episode in Season 5 thus far. Each one has something special and amazing about it in terms of look and feel. With this one, we have a crash sequence, Voyager vs. the ice planet Hoth (not really). If it were longer, it would rival the one in Generations. Speaking of Galaxy-class starships, we see the USS Challenger, a clone of the Enterprise-D, 15 years into the future of Voyager. (So Starfleet really, really liked that model.) What's more, LaForge was captain, and of course the visor's gone. (See, I grew up on TNG, so I always accepted the visor as part of him... He's still cool with the visor off, and it was awesome to see him, but it's weird.)

Considering that Harry Kim

Click For Spoiler
saved the lives of the whole damn Voyager crew AND shaved TEN YEARS off their trip,
and he's STILL an Ensign! LMFAO. Edited by Dark Reality

An awesome episode! Seven gets drunk, Voyager is seen crashing into the surface of an ice planet, and cool future-Harry saves his past self. Geordi comes along too! He's a captain now and he has greying hair and tries to stop cool future-Harry from saving Voyager from it's destruction which he caused (in the past)! Well now that that future has been erased, who knows what lies ahead for the Voyager crew? Everyone but me.

It was an amazing episode. I love the temporal episodes. I especially loved the effects of Voyager crashing into the planet. I gave it a 5. AMAZING!

Like everyone has said, this episode is amazing! Harry became such a dark character after the crew died. It was interesting to see such a change of character since Kim is usually the bright and optimistic one of the group. The crash on the ice planet still looks great 11 years later. It is a fantastic piece of art that hasn't aged at all. I was surprised how great the scene looked. Fantastic episode :)

5 out 5

Yep, Harry was driven in this one...but, he always was one of the stalwarts in wanting to get home, in contrast to Tom, who, for a long time, was actually relieved to be away from the Alpha Quadrant, for several obvious reasons. Kim's mindset stands out for me in that ep.No doubt Garrett enjoyed the showcasing of his character here.

Sign in to follow this