Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The Gift

What rating would you give "The Gift"?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Gift"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 170

Season: 4 Episode: 2

DVD Disc: 1

Air Date: 09.10.1997

Stardate: 51008

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Creative Staff:

Director: Anson Williams

Written By: Joe Menosky

Related Items:

None

*CRYS UNCONTROLLOBLY*

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

KKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was the best.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good episode but not very good acting

*sniff*

I gave it a 5 thought it was a great way to leave the show by her powers growing alot and the special gift of sending Voyager all the way out of Borg Territory in a quick way.

although bittersweet in Kes leaving as well

So Kes and Neelix did break up during Warlord? But Kes's mind was being taken over so I thought it didn't count... Oh well. And I love Kes's new hair as apposed to her old Peter Pan style. Though short-lived her hair increased her attraction alot. So what happened with Kes in this episode? Did she die? Did she become a noncorporeal being? Did she want more money? Still, she was a great character who I wish would have stayed on for the rest of the series. BUT I guess I'll have to get used to Seven. Who knows, I may end up liking her.

2. Made Kes look too much like another Wesley Crusher, only more annoying. Lousy episode to send her off on. But glad that they got rid of the Borg for the most part. I mean, when you think about it, would you rather have a corny but quick getting past the Borg, or a long and drawn out mini-series with them where it gets unbelievable that they'd actually be able to stave off the Borg? This, imo, is the lesser of two evils here.

more than anything, this episode had a great storyline for Seven. Kes seemed more of a sidestory, even though the episode name came from what she did at the end. I loved how Seven wanted back with the Borg and the struggle involved with that. Very interesting, especially to hear that she has one fake eye. It's obvious to some, but not something I ever really thought about. I didn't have problems with the Kes story either. Nice hair :laugh:

Sign in to follow this