Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Scorpion, Part I

What rating would you give "Scorpion, Part I"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Scorpion, Part I"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 168

Season: 3 Episode: 26

DVD Disc: 7

Air Date: 05.21.1997

Stardate: 50984.3

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

John Rhys-Davies as Leonardo da Vinci

Creative Staff:

Director: David Livingston

Teleplay By: Brannon Braga and Joe Menosky

Related Items

Species 8472

bioship

Awesome ending to an awesome season of an awesome show. Each season of Voyager gets better. Species 8472 were a great villain with the story of them overpowering the Borg. It's all good.

[begins gigantic rant...breathes deep]

Okay, so I get that they were scared. I get it. I get that Kes had a vision where 8472 threatened to purge the galaxy. I do. But seriously...an alliance with the effing BORG!?!

What the HELL was Janeway thinking? Like the Borg are going to keep their 'promise' after they get what they want...are you on CRACK? They're going to assimilate you the first chance they get, dummy! Signore Da Vinci was probably hanging himself from his flying machine after he figured out what Janeway was going to do.

Janeway: "Gee...I'm going to go by myself to a Borg cube (meanwhile, Dabo Queen is peeing on herself out of fear) and try to reason with creepy half-machines whose opening speech contains the terms 'Your physiological and technological distinctions will be added to our own...resistance is futile.'"

Um, I'm thinking 'duh'.

And then, the kicker of it all is that Janeway thinks she has a right to get all snarky and self-righteous at the crew of the Equinox for killing life forms to get home in Equinox. Um, did you forget that you were willing to give the Borg technology that would most certainly wipe out an entire race in exchange for them not assimilating you? Where the hell was your precious Prime Directive when you made THAT decision!?!

And the thing that makes me want to kick her in the face the most is that she was still sticking to the effing promise after she found out that the Borg are the ones who started the whole thing when they tried to assimilate 8472, only they got SPANKED!

That would've been the point when I would've been switching sides (I don't see why she didn't consider an alliance w/8472 in the first frickin' place, but whatev). I don't even see why Voyager's crew needed the Borg. All they had to do was have Kes think to 8472, "We have technology to destroy you...and if you don't back up off us, we'll do it." It's called a 'bluff', Janeway...look it up.

[/rant]

Yeah, it seems that if you are a villan long enough in Star Trek you start to become so familiar you become like an 'old friend'. The writers of Star Trek have done that time again, with the Klingons (remember when they were just down right BAD!?) and then they became this multi-cultural bunch with their own internal grievances and rich heritage and they were all really honourable and it was a rare few that played up - sigh. It just over-egged the pudding! In TOS they appeared, we all hid behind the sofa, and they did bad things. Terrible naughty people!

Then there was the Ferengi. Ouch! If they had hair, it would be ruffled by a firm hand reaching down, pinching their cheek saying "Oh you little scamp! Wait til I get you home!" DS9 took the biscuit with this with the Romulans and even the Cardasians all joining up like sailors in a submarine to face a "common enemy" the Dominion who also ended up practically wearing wooly jumpers in the end.

Stay around long enough, and you will go from enemy to hero, foe to friend.

The BORG - the most SACRED of all evil forces in Science Fiction were brilliant. A single hive mind, evil, ruthless, listened to no-one. Relentless. Terrifying.

They were reduced to enemy of the week - sometimes friend! Wow. A real soap opera. At the end of Voyager when the Queen and Janeway are lying dying together it is just Crystal and Alexis from Dynasty. Spitting venon at each other but deep down, they are "old friends" - argh, just annoys me...

[begins gigantic rant...breathes deep]

Okay, so I get that they were scared. I get it. I get that Kes had a vision where 8472 threatened to purge the galaxy. I do. But seriously...an alliance with the effing BORG!?!

What the HELL was Janeway thinking? Like the Borg are going to keep their 'promise' after they get what they want...are you on CRACK? They're going to assimilate you the first chance they get, dummy! Signore Da Vinci was probably hanging himself from his flying machine after he figured out what Janeway was going to do.

Janeway: "Gee...I'm going to go by myself to a Borg cube (meanwhile, Dabo Queen is peeing on herself out of fear) and try to reason with creepy half-machines whose opening speech contains the terms 'Your physiological and technological distinctions will be added to our own...resistance is futile.'"

Um, I'm thinking 'duh'.

And then, the kicker of it all is that Janeway thinks she has a right to get all snarky and self-righteous at the crew of the Equinox for killing life forms to get home in Equinox. Um, did you forget that you were willing to give the Borg technology that would most certainly wipe out an entire race in exchange for them not assimilating you? Where the hell was your precious Prime Directive when you made THAT decision!?!

And the thing that makes me want to kick her in the face the most is that she was still sticking to the effing promise after she found out that the Borg are the ones who started the whole thing when they tried to assimilate 8472, only they got SPANKED!

That would've been the point when I would've been switching sides (I don't see why she didn't consider an alliance w/8472 in the first frickin' place, but whatev). I don't even see why Voyager's crew needed the Borg. All they had to do was have Kes think to 8472, "We have technology to destroy you...and if you don't back up off us, we'll do it." It's called a 'bluff', Janeway...look it up.

[/rant]

Queen says it all. I've heard/agreed with this exact rant already before, so there's nothing for me to add.

Yeah, it seems that if you are a villan long enough in Star Trek you start to become so familiar you become like an 'old friend'. The writers of Star Trek have done that time again, with the Klingons (remember when they were just down right BAD!?) and then they became this multi-cultural bunch with their own internal grievances and rich heritage and they were all really honourable and it was a rare few that played up - sigh. It just over-egged the pudding! In TOS they appeared, we all hid behind the sofa, and they did bad things. Terrible naughty people!

Then there was the Ferengi. Ouch! If they had hair, it would be ruffled by a firm hand reaching down, pinching their cheek saying "Oh you little scamp! Wait til I get you home!" DS9 took the biscuit with this with the Romulans and even the Cardasians all joining up like sailors in a submarine to face a "common enemy" the Dominion who also ended up practically wearing wooly jumpers in the end.

Stay around long enough, and you will go from enemy to hero, foe to friend.

The BORG - the most SACRED of all evil forces in Science Fiction were brilliant. A single hive mind, evil, ruthless, listened to no-one. Relentless. Terrifying.

They were reduced to enemy of the week - sometimes friend! Wow. A real soap opera. At the end of Voyager when the Queen and Janeway are lying dying together it is just Crystal and Alexis from Dynasty. Spitting venon at each other but deep down, they are "old friends" - argh, just annoys me...

I noticed this as well. It kinda ticked me off that the writers of Star Trek would take the awesome creepiness

that is the Borg and reduce them to the scary kids that live next door. What the hell was that all about? The Borg queen, who had us s#%&@ing ourselves in the movie, simply becomes a rich (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)y schoolgirl. She went from chanting the infamous "Resistance is futile" speech to "My minions will kick your a**. I swear it, cuz, like, my collective has more money than yours does..."

Sign in to follow this