Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Future's End, Part I

What rating would you give 'Future's End, Part 1'?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give 'Future's End, Part 1'?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production #: 150

Season: 3 Episode: 8

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 11.06.96

Stardate: Unknown

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

Ed Begley Jr. as Henry Starling

Sarah Silverman as Rain Robinson

Allan G. Royal as Captain Braxton

Susan Paterson as Ensign Kaplan

Barry Wiggins as Policeman

Christian R. Conrad as Dunbar

Director: David Livingston

Written By: Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky

Definitely the best episodes of the series (so far). They take me back to the time I grew up; the 90's. Boy do I miss those days. The music, the style, the fassions. I'd give anything to go back to the time that these episodes painfully remind me of. Also, did anyone else think that scientist girl was hot??? It's always the scientiffic women that get to me, whether Klingon, Trill, or Human. Two great apisodes.

I think that this is where it all started. Prior to this, the characters were unsure, there was a rigid regurgitation of the lines and a sense of melancholy. ET phone home, type of thing.

This was a good old fashioned romp right out of TOS. Operation Earth, The Voyage Home type of thing. Teaming up Paris with Tuvok, keeping neelix and Kes to a minimum watching soaps (could someone not have given them The Days of Our Lives complete series box set to just keep them quiet for the rest of the series???), Janeway and Chakotay looking cool and relaxed in linen, sunny location - just good to watch.

Much better than a scary pink cloud and corridors bending out of shape.

Time travel - I hate it, Janeway commented. Well she was in for a load of it after this. Time travel was to pop up 6 or 7 further times, before becoming a major theme for Enterprise (ouch!). The time ship thing was interesting. A sequal would be spawned. However, one thing that did annoy me was the whole retro-developed technology thing ie our PCs come from a 29th century ship. Bit overused (ID4, etc) That didn't gel. Starling developed something like a commodore 64 at that point (haha) and he said that he couldn;t go any further. But he had transporter disrupters and phasers and all that type of thing that made Voyager systems look like an Abacus. A bit of a leap if you ask me. His mission to the 29th century seemed a bit implausible and unnecessary.

That said, all good fun. The Voyage Home meets Down and Out in Beverly Hills.

4/5 for me.

This has always been one of my favorite Voyager episodes. Sarah Silverman did a really good job in it, but i had always wished they would have done a Star Trek IV with her and be forced to bring her into the future.

Sign in to follow this