Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Preemptive Strike

What rating would you give Preemptive Strike?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Preemptive Strike?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 7

Episode #: 24

Production #: 276

Episode Name: Preemptive Strike

Original Air Date: 05.16.94

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

John Franklyn-Robbins as Macias

William Thomas Jr. as Santos

Shannon Cochran as Kalita

Richard Poe as Gul Evek

Natalija Nogulich as Admiral Nechayev

Michelle Forbes as Ro Laren

Director: Patrick Stewart

Teleplay By: Rene Echevarria

Story By: Naren Shankar

The penultimate episode.

This episode deals with the Maquis, but unfortunately history has shown us that only DS9 could properly handle the issue of the paramilitary group.

TNG and VOY failed to develop the Maquis properly.

Shankar and Echevarria were better served on DS9.

Boring episode and a terrible lead into the final episode.

Rating = 1

I remember thinking,"I can't believe Picard is putting Ro Laren in this situation."

She was destined to fail!Placing Ro in the position of assisting the Federation and ultimately,the Cardassians by infiltrating the Maquis was stupid,considering her past.I can't believe that there wasn't another crewmember on that ship who couldn't have pulled off that assignment in Ro's place.A security officer,for instance.

Huge lapse in judgement by Picard.

I give it a 5. Another chance to give a beloved character some closure, a chance to say farewell to Starfleet as we know it. And Ro did a great job. She did really well, as did Stewart. And of course, the episode that helped springboard Voyager. I kinda wish Voyager had made some mention of Ro when Chakotay breaks the news to B'Elanna about the falling of the Maquis. Well, when I finally start making my way through DS9, there'll be something about her.

I also gave it a five. Michelle Forbes rules, and yeah...Picard should've seen that coming. I mean, you don't get over watching your father get tortured experience. And after his own adventures in "there are five lights" land, not to mention that Starfleet officers were joining the Maquis left and right, Picard simply should've known better. :clap:

And the scene with the two of them in the bar kinda freaks me out :clap: ...and yes, I know they were just pretending.

And the scene with the two of them in the bar kinda freaks me out <_< ...and yes, I know they were just pretending.

Agreed. The scene freaks me out as well. I just want to yell at her to get her hands off him. B) One of the many reasons why I dislike Ro Laren... and why I dislike this episode. I mean yes, Jean-Luc should have seen it coming that Ro would betray him, but still, he shouldn't have trusted her as much as he did in the first place. B)

Sign in to follow this