Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The 37's

What rating would you give "The 37's"?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The 37's"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 120

Season: 2 Episode: 1

DVD Disc: 1

Air Date: 08.28.1995

Stardate: 48975.1

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

Sharon Lawrence as Amelia Earhart

David Graf as Noonan

James Saito as Japanese Soldier

Mel Winkler as Jack Hayes

John Rubinstein as John Evansville

Creative Staff:

Director: James L. Conway

Written By: Jeri Taylor & Brannon Braga

Related Items:

fish

ginger

green beans

Jell-O

Briori

The discovery of an early 20th century farm truck floating in space leads to the discovery of people who are frozen in capsules on a nearby planet. One of people who are in stasis looks like an airplane pilot that has the name Earhart pinned onto her jacket.

“The 37’s” is my second favorite Voyager episode. It has a real funny scene when Tom tries to turn on the truck’s engine, the tail pipe pops causing the crew to think they are being shot at and Tuvok pulls out his phaser.

When the people in the pods become conscious again, they tell the story about how they were abducted by aliens. Now that they are in the 24th century on a strange planet, what can they do? Watching this episode is the best way to find out, and “The 37’s” is great.

***** out of *****

i really like this episode.

I was however disapointed at the time, when Earhart decided to stay!

I would of like to see her become a member of the crew.

oh, and when I heard Janeway ordering to land Voyager, I was on the edge of my seet with excitment, I loved that scene

The Voyager landing on a planet's surface? I dunno, sounds a bit fishy to me... But it was still a good episode. The crew's reaction to the truck's backfire had me rolling on the floor, and the rest of the crew's dedication to Janeway and the ship nearly had me in tears. Nearly. A great way to start off season 2.

Edited by sea trooper

It was an amusing episode but the whole notion of Amelia Earhart being abducted by aliens AND being transported through time to the 24th century was a bit far-fetched for me.

This episode didn't do a whole lot for me. It really was a pretty solid way to kick off the second season, and I love the turns they take on it.... and actually landing a Starship was pretty awesome (as far as I know, it had never been done before in Star Trek lore, except at the end of the Search For Spock/beginning of Voyage Home when they landed the Klingon ship.

Still, it was predictable in what would end up happening. I'd have been happy if just one crew member had decided to stay. Nonetheless, it was inevitable and obvious.

Characterization wasn't all that great for me either.

I liked this ep. In my opinion, this episode was great. For example, finding Amelia Earhart and others alive in the 24th Century on a planet in the Delta Quadrant was a great story idea. It was heartbreaking that she didn't go with the crew, but Sharon Lawrence's performance made for great drama.

The Voyager landing on a planet's surface? I dunno, sounds a bit fishy to me... But it was still a good episode. The crew's reaction to the truck's backfire had me rolling on the floor, and the rest of the crew's dedication to Janeway and the ship nearly had me in tears. Nearly. A great way to start off season 2.

I don't remember when it was established that Voyager could land but I believe it was part of the ships "back story" before the series even began running.

To me the only thing missing was a '37 German. It was a good ep, and a greast way to start the second season. And the ship landing, thats no more fishy than the ENTERPRISE-D's saucer sep in "Encounter at Farpoint"-TNG.

One of my all-time favorite Voyager moments, was when Janeway entered the Cargo Bay...and there was noone there. Her expression..wonderful moment. Another reason for me to love Voyager. The 'Myrad Universe' Voyager entry, I hear, has some story elements-not the 37's themselves-as part of its basic premise..but I also hear it's...dark. Not to give away...nuff said. Not my cup 'o tea, I think...

One thing about the story in a larger sense (comedy wise) is how Star Trek through Deep Space Nine and Voyager addressed both Amelia Earheart and Hanger 18 (Roswell).

Through Star Trek we learn that Quark, Rom and Nog (with Odo) are the Roswell aliens and Amelia Earheart was abducted by other aliens, it's a shame they didn't address Bigfoot while they were at it lol.

What has bigfoot have to do with anything????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

What has bigfoot have to do with anything????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

It was a joke. Hence the "lol" after it.

Sign in to follow this