Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Unification, Part II

What rating would you give Unification, Part II?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Unification, Part II?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 5

Episode #: 8

Production #: 207

Episode Name: Unification, Part II

Original Air Date: 11.11.91

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Malachi Throne as Senator Pardek

Denise Crosby as Sela

Stephen D. Root as K'Vada

William Bastiani as Omag

Daniel Roebuck as Romulan #1

Susan Fallender as Romulan #2

Vidal Peterson as D'Tan

Norman Large as Neral

Harriet Leider as Amarie

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

Director: Cliff Bole

Teleplay By: Michael Piller

Story By: Rick Berman and Michael Piller

Related Items:

Dulisian IV

suck salt

Romulus

Vulcan

Ferengi

Klingons

Romulans

Vulcans

I'll review this part and the second part together.

An excellent episode.

SPOCK!!!!!! :) :lol: :assimilated:

Conspiracies, intrigue, politics etc...

This episode had it all.

I could wax lyrical about this episode and go on and on and on about it and bore everyone half to death, but let me assure you, this is a superb piece of work and you MUST see it. I repeat, YOU MUST SEE IT.

Outstanding.

Gold Standard.

Rating = 5

Also a 5. While it seems Spock has loosened up slightly over the years, I like the return of the dialogue of logic, both in exposing Sarek, and when he refuses to read Sela's speech. Again, subtle moments of comedy that add to this episode. Worf singing Klingon opera? lol. And of course the whole scene with the junkyard, and the planet where Worf sang. Good stuff all around.

A 5. The second part of this 2 parter was a bit better than the first. Sela and Spock as adversaries was entertaining as was the final scene in which the Romulans in Vulcan ships blew themselves up to avoid capture - thats what i call loyalty :)

A great Romulan/Vulcan episode. 5 stars and SPOCK! :clap: Trivia from Memory Alpha:

Memorable Quotes

"I have to ask you about your husband."

"Well, it was nice while it lasted... which husband?" - Riker and Amarie

"And what do you want from me?"

"I was hoping you knew his business partners."

"And why should I help you?"

"To be honest, I can’t think of a good reason."

"Well, you did kill my ex-husband. And that’s not a bad start." - Amarie and Riker

"I think I’ll take this opportunity to remove my ears." - Picard

"Excuse me, I’m just finishing up a speech—for you, Mr. Spock. I rather enjoy writing. I don’t get to do it very often in this job."

"Perhaps you would be happier in another job." - Sela and Data

"I’m afraid I don’t know too much about Romulan disruptor settings." - Spock, holding Sela at gunpoint

"‘Cowboy Diplomacy’?" - Spock

"I will not read this or any other statement."

"If you do not, you will die. All of you will die."

"Since it is logical to conclude that you will kill us in any event, I choose not to cooperate."

(enraged) "I hate Vulcans! I hate the logic! I hate the arrogance!" - Spock and Sela

"As you examine your life, do you find you have missed your humanity?"

"I have no regrets."

"'No regrets.' That is a human expression."

"Yes. Fascinating." - Data and Spock

"In your own way, you are as stubborn as another captain of the Enterprise I once knew."

"Then I am in good company, sir." - Spock and Picard

Background Information

As with the previous episode, a title card ran before the teaser in tribute to Gene Roddenberry.

Although this was the second part of "Unification I", it was the first to be filmed, in order to accommodate Leonard Nimoy's schedule. This explains why the episodes were released in reversed order on video in the US (Unification I released as episode 108, Unification II released as episode 107)

This is Leonard Nimoy's final Star Trek appearance to date. Malachi Throne (Senator Pardek) was also with him during his first appearance, the first Star Trek: The Original Series pilot "The Cage".

In addition, this is Leonard Nimoy's third and final time (counting both episodes of "Unification" as a single project) to appear as Spock without William Shatner to date, although Kirk is mentioned in the episode. The other two appearances were "The Cage" and "The Slaver Weapon".

This episode also marks the final appearance of the mysterious character of Sela, although Denise Crosby does reprise her role of Tasha Yar in "All Good Things...".

Spock's dialogue with Picard in the teaser was intended to tie in with Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country which was released in theaters less than a month after this episode aired.

In the scene where Spock, Data and Picard leave the Proconsul's office for the final time, sound technician Bill Gocke can accidentally be seen reflected in a glass ornament on the Proconsul's desk.

Neral is later mentioned in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "In the Pale Moonlight" as being Praetor in 2374. He later appears, played by Hal Landon Jr. in "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges".

Awards: This episode was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Art Direction for a Series.

Uncredited Co-Stars

Heather Long as Omag's Woman

Shauna O'Brien as Omag's Woman

Guy Vardaman as Klingon helmsman

Chuck Borden as Romulan Guard #1

Nick Dimitri as Romulan Guard #2

Jerry Crowl as Antican Bar Patron

Leonard Jones as Zakdorn Bar Patron

April Rossi as Space Hooker

Majel Barrett as Narrator (voice)

K. Paul as Romulan civilian

Christie Haydon as Romulan civilian

This is Leonard Nimoy's final Star Trek appearance to date. Malachi Throne (Senator Pardek) was also with him during his first appearance, the first Star Trek: The Original Series pilot "The Cage".

Actually, thats not quite right. Malachi Throne does not appear in "The Cage". He does appear in "The Menagerie" which used clips from "The Cage".

Spock and the plot win this one a four from me...however, Commander Sela ruined yet another epi for me.

I truly just feel like Denise Crosby is playing Tasha Yar while wearing Vulcan ears...she's not a very convincing Romulan.

Sign in to follow this