Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Captain's Holiday

What rating would you give Captain's Holiday?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Captain's Holiday?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 3

Episode #: 19

Production #: 167

Episode Name: Captain's Holiday

Original Air Date: 04.02.90

Picard is persuaded to take a vacation on Risa after a very draining session of negotiations. He gets more than he bargained for when he meets Vash, a less than ethical archeologist. Vash is trying to get away from her Ferengi partner so she can find an object called the Tox Uthat. She is not the only one looking for it as two Vorgons who have traveled back from the 27th century also want it.

Jennifer Hetrick portrayed Vash in two episodes (Captain's Holiday and Qpid) and later reprised the role in Deep Space Nine's Q-Less.

If you read the credits and noticed the name Michael Grodenchik (Sovak) and wondered if he was related to Deep Space Nine's Max Grodenchik (Rom), the answer is no. They aren't related because they are the same person. As Max Grodenchik, he also appeared in the episode The Perfect Mate playing Par Lenor as well as playing an alien ensign in a deleted scene from Star Trek: Insurrection.

Deirdre Imershein (Joval) also appeared in the Deep Space Nine episode Trials and Tribble-ations as Lt. Watley.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Jennifer Hetrick as Vash

Michael Grodenchik as Sovak

Karen Landry as Ajur

Michael Champion as Boratus

Deirdre Imershein as Joval

Director: Chip Chalmers

Written By: Ira Steven Behr

Related Items:

Risa

Ferengi

Vorgons

Achrady VII

Dachlyd

Gemaris V

quantum phase inhibitor

Tox Uthat

Vorgons

Icor IX

A very enjoyable comedic episode, which again serves to act as a breather after recent serious episodes.

Vash was a great character and you could totally understand why a guy would be attracted to her, even Picard who seemed so in control of his emotions pretty much all the time.

A fun episode.

Rating = 3

I'm giving this one a 5, too. Just a fun episode... a nice kind of set a thief scenario... I admit though, aside from looks, I'm not that attracted to Vash... not the character as much as the actress. But a great episode... I loved the off comments about Riker and the Hor'gahn. And jamaharon??? Woo smokies, I love how it leaves that up to the imagination.

Three from me...I like the inclusion of Risa, but it seriously felt like an Indiana Jones rip.

Loved that Max Grodénchik played a Ferengi here (though not necessarily a nice one like my sweetie Rom :laugh:).

Sign in to follow this