Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Yesterday's Enterprise

What rating would you give Yesterday's Enterprise?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Yesterday's Enterprise?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 3

Episode #: 15

Production #: 163

Episode Name: Yesterday's Enterprise

Original Air Date: 02.19.90

The Enterprise discovers a rift in space and what appears to be a ship emerging from it. The crew are shocked when the ship turns out to be the Enterprise C which was believed to have been destroyed in battle 22 years earlier. With the arrival of the Enterprise C, the time line is altered and the Federation is in the midst of a long war with the Klingon Empire. Guinan, knowing something is wrong with the time line, tells Picard that the Enterprise C must go back, even if it means the ship and crew will be lost. Picard must decide whether to trust Guinan's intuition and have the Enterprise C return to its time and hopefully stop the war before it began.

Denise Crosby reprised her role as Tasha Yar in the alternate time line and lead the way for her return in Redemption, Part I in a surprising way.

Tricia O'Neil (Rachel Garrett) also portrayed Kurak in the episode Suspicions as well as Korinas in the Deep Space Nine episode Defiant.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Denise Crosby as Natasha 'Tasha' Yar

Tricia O'Neil as Rachel Garrett

Christopher McDonald as Richard Castillo

Director: David Carson

Teleplay By: Ira Steven Behr, Richard Manning, Hans Beimler and Ronald D. Moore

Story By: Trent Christopher Ganino & Eric A. Stillwell

Related Items:

Archer IV

Klingons

Narendra III

Temporal rift

Enterprise-C, U.S.S.

K'Vort-class bird-of-prey

Ambassador-class starship

Romulans, warbird

Another superb episode.

Quite possibly the one of the best TNG episodes.

It resolved the nagging problem with Tasha Yar who's original death was far too "throwaway" for my liking. Having her placed on the Enterprise-C was a far better fate for her and of course it led to the Sela arc we saw later in TNG.

A couple of things of interest. Picard mentions the coming defeat of the Federation at the hands of the Klingons. Which seems odd. I'm pretty certain the Federation would have the resources to defeat them. I assume that when the Enterprise-C vanished and altered the timeline, the Klingons must have conquered the Romulan Empire in revenge for Narendra III and so therefore they became much more powerful.

Excellent episode.

Gold standard.

Rating = 5

I really love this episode. We see Guinan's abilities as the only one to realize the timeline has been disrupted, and her influence on Captain Picard to do something to change it. Tashar Yar's meaningless death is rewritten, and the Sela arc - alternate timeline is established. Denise Crosby gets to do some real acting - if they had given her a story like this before she might have stayed aboard! We also get to see a female captain of the Enterprise - Captain Garrett. This is one of my favorite Star Trek episodes.

It was interesting to see how quickly the tables were turned against the Enterprise-D and C by the K'Vort bird's of prey. I've always liked this episode, when I was little it was because of the Enterprise C, and now because of how Tasha felt. You could tell that she hated the idea of her dying a honorless death. By the way, look closely at the weapons the crew has. The phasers are re-uses of the TMP and TWOK hand phasers.

At the start, I was so confused!!!!!!!

But you get the hang of it, I would have liked for Tasha to say hello to the Enterprise crew however, that would've been a nice touch

This was a pretty good episode. The only thing I didn't like was that it led to the introduction of Sela, which shouldn't have happened at all. Once the Ent-C went back through the rift, the alternate timeline that they were in ceased to exist and the original timeline was restored. The introduction of Sela never made any sense to me.

a good episode, this episode had me confused because according to ST 6 the Klingons couldnt stage a war with the federation cause of Kronos and that moon, but then how are they defeating them in a war in the alternate Timeline

a good episode, this episode had me confused because according to ST 6 the Klingons couldnt stage a war with the federation cause of Kronos and that moon, but then how are they defeating them in a war in the alternate Timeline

i thought it was romulan warbirds that they were defending the klingon colony from

Sign in to follow this