Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

The Enemy

What rating would you give The Enemy?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give The Enemy?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 3

Episode #: 7

Production #: 155

Episode Name: The Enemy

Original Air Date: 11.06.89

An away team, consisting of Riker, Worf and La Forge, beams down to the planet Galorndon Core to investigate a distress signal. Riker and Worf find a badly injured Romulan on the surface and beam back with him to the Enterprise. Geordi, having fallen down a pit, is unable to reach the rendezvous coordinates at the designated time and is left on the planet.

As the Enterprise waits for a break in the storms to rescue Geordi, Dr. Crusher begins treatment of the injured Romulan. Crusher discovers Worf is the only compatible donor for a ribosome transfusion the Romulan needs to survive and is shocked when Worf refuses to help.

Meanwhile on the planet, Geordi is ambushed by a second Romulan. They soon discover if they don't work together, they will die.

This was the first of four appearances as Commander Tomalak by Andreas Katsulas who also portrayed a Vissian Captain in the Enterprise episode Cogenitor.

John Snyder (Bochra) as appeared as Aaron Conor in the episode The Masterpiece Society.

Steven Rankin (Patahk) also played a Cardassian officer in Deep Space Nine's The Emissary and Yeto in the episode Invasive Procedures. He also appeared as Colonel Green in the Enterprise episode Demons.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Andreas Katsulas as Tomalak

John Snyder as Bochra

Steven Rankin as Patahk

Director: David Carson

Written By: David Kemper and Michael Piller

Related Items:

Romulans

neural output pods

ribosome infusion

Galorndon Core

neural output pods

Another "Let's All Thank Wesley" episode.

But the whole point of this episode was to further develop the Romulans and they certainly did that. The relationship between LaForge and the Romulan on the planet trying to survive was handled well and both characters were presented very well.

Andreas Katsulas was superb as always as the evil Tomalak.

Good episode.

Rating = 3

5. The Wesley factor is negligible in this one because even though it's important, it's really not a dedicated part of the storyline. Terrific jobs from LeVar Burton and John Snyder. Worf and the other Romulan had an interesting exchange as well. Just a great episode.

I loved it! I admit, that I have a soft spot for Tomalak, he was always one of my favorite Romulans.

Bochra is a cutie and I just love him to death. He is so adorable when hes acting all; Im a big bad Romulan, RAWR! hehe So cute!

What really made me mad, was the fact that Crusher wouldnt stop being a you know what about the blood transfusion. The Romulan said NO. Worf said NO. What doesnt stick with her? =/

Its like, lady, your patient said NO WAY; respect him and his wishes.

But yes, I liked this one.

Sign in to follow this