Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Booby Trap

What rating would you give Booby Trap?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Booby Trap?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 3

Episode #: 6

Production #: 154

Episode Name: Booby Trap

Original Air Date: 10.30.89

The Enterprise finds itself trapped in a 1000 year old booby trap. In trying to find a way to escape the booby trap, Geordi enlists the aid of a holographic version of one of the Enterprise's designers, Leah Brahms.

Susan Gibney (Leah Brahms) also portrayed Captain Erika Benteen in the Deep Space Nine episodes Homefront and Paradise Lost. She can now been seen as a semi-regular on the series Crossing Jordan as DA Rene Walcott.

This episode was the first of two appearances by Julie Warner as Christy Henshaw, the love interest of Geordi's in Transfigurations.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Susan Gibney as Leah Brahms

Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan

Albert Hall as Galek Dar

Julie Warner as Christy Henshaw

Director: Gabrielle Beaumont

Teleplay By: Ron Roman, Michael Piller and Richard Danus

Story By: Michael Wagner & Ron Roman

Related Items:

Orelious IX

Lang cycle fusion engines

Cleponji

Menthars

Promellians

Coco-no-no

fungilli

I liked this episode too.

It was very "technobabble" heavy, but LeVar Burton and Susan Gibney as Leah Brahms handled it very well. She was actually strongly considered for the role of Janeway in VOY, but she was prolly too young.

Very good "Trek-Tech" episode with a great ending with Picard piloting his own starship through the asteroid field.

Rating = 3

I rate it a 4. Loved the tech talk, especially because of how well Geordi and Leah interacted. Their fighting, their understanding, it clicked so incredibly well. Picard taking his own ship out of danger was terrific too. Almost worthy of a 5, but not quite, because of those moments that are so embarrassing, you almost want to change channel. The opening scene on the holodeck was a just a little lacking too. But still... incredible.

I would have loved to have seen a 1000 year old race once in a while, who's technology was not 'older' than the Federation's was at the contemporaneous moment. I suppose we need see a lot of that in TOS - ancient races with highly advanced technologies but it would have been nice for the Promelian's etc to have been like super-advanced and not some old rickity pile of Amstrad cast-offs soldered together.

As for Geordi, what does he see through his VISOR? I thought it was all heat and stuff. Therefore his idea of beautiful would be a nice heat pattern. So how would he know what Leah Brahms looks like? She's a hologram. By that token, any holodeck program would be just a load of nothing to him.

In a later episode Geordi has the holgraphic Leah programmed to speak sweet nothing in his ear which is such a breach of ethics.

I didn't like the ending. It was like 'oh, just crawl on yer belly and you'll be grand' sort of thing...

I would have loved to have seen a 1000 year old race once in a while, who's technology was not 'older' than the Federation's was at the contemporaneous moment. I suppose we need see a lot of that in TOS - ancient races with highly advanced technologies but it would have been nice for the Promelian's etc to have been like super-advanced and not some old rickity pile of Amstrad cast-offs soldered together.

As for Geordi, what does he see through his VISOR? I thought it was all heat and stuff. Therefore his idea of beautiful would be a nice heat pattern. So how would he know what Leah Brahms looks like? She's a hologram. By that token, any holodeck program would be just a load of nothing to him.

In a later episode Geordi has the holgraphic Leah programmed to speak sweet nothing in his ear which is such a breach of ethics.

I didn't like the ending. It was like 'oh, just crawl on yer belly and you'll be grand' sort of thing...

very interesting comments, now I want too watch this one and see how your comments fit

But what do they do with the boobies after they trap them?

It depends on the size in some cultures you have size requirements.

They build a boobie fort and then hide in it if things go t1ts up...

I would say having seen the ageing proccess the correct direction is down. lol

I would say having seen the ageing proccess the correct direction is down. lol

TNG Episode s3.e06: Droopie Boobie Trap

"The Enterprise D stops at Bikini Alpha VI, a remote outpost where the Boobies, a race of entrancing and evocative aliens have dwelt in peace and love for 5 generations. The Boobies live closely in pairs with one Boobie complimenting and bringing balance to the other. However, all that changes when a residual strain of the virus seen in The Deadly Years and Unnatural Selection, infects the Boobies, causing them to age rapidly. The older they get, the saggier they become. First to fall is N'Pall, leader of the Boobies to the East. Then N'Pall Too, the leader of the Boobies to the West, is the next to fall. Data saves the day when, ingeniously, he crafts a device with the assistance of Geordi, inspired by the Un d'r wa R-Bra, a Klingon invention sported by the Duras Sisters on many an occasion. Geordi finds the device difficult to manage never having been able to get close enough to one himself before. This device instantly lifts and supports the Boobies until Crusher's old Professor, Dr Christian Troy, arrives and performs emergency surgery restoring the Boobies to their former perky selves"

TNG Episode s5.e07: Silicon Wonderbra

"The Enterprise D re-visits the Boobies and although everything seems normal on the surface, the Boobies seem unusually overly perky and are quite firm when they ask the Enterprise crew to leave. The crew beam down to the deepest crevices of the Boobie valley, a dark haunting place deep between two great mountains. There they discover deep scars on the soft surface which reveal that the Boobies have been genetically enhanced against Federation ethics and have become superior beings defying natural law. The leader of these New Boobies, Pa Me La Ander Soong, kidnaps Data and reveals that she is the daughter of his creator, Dr Noonien Soong. Dr Soong performed experiments on Pa Me La, cruel experiments, in a bid to create a half Android-half Human female companion for Data. He only got so far with his work before she fled to Bikini VI where she passed on her knowledge to the Boobies, enhancing them also with Silicon based cybernetic implants. The Boobies are a much superior race as a result and have decided to wage war on the neighbouring panet of Debra Messing. The Boobies aim to bring the advantages of Silicon to Debra, bringing a much needed boost to its otherwise flat body ..."

Edited by prometheus

TNG Episode s3.e26 The Best of Both Boobies

"The Boobies have evolved from a peaceful race into a Cybernetically enhanced race of drones now known only as The Boob, hell bent on assimilating whole races into their Silicon collective. Jean Luc Picard is abducted by The Boob and taken aboard their craft, a Boob Tube, where he is held hostage and tortured for information. The crew worry for his safety. As the Boob Tube descends on the Enterprise, Riker has to cross his legs for once when Picard appears on the view screen, assimilated by The Boob and sporting fresh implants. He announces he is now called Low-cut-top-is and resistence is futile ... rrrrrrrrrr ... (to be continued)"

You might be able to make some money with those writing skills.

Good to know if i ever end up on the breadline.

I dont think Paramount would go for a hole series of "Boob Trek" though lol, do you?

I was thinking about re-writing the TNG Series Finale, "All Good Thongs", what do you think? The Boobies to the North of Planet Bikini VI decide to invade the Southern Continent, poplulated by the Thongs ...

Sign in to follow this