Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

What was the first episode of TNG ...

For me it was actually quite late in the series. It was the season five episode Violations. Having been a fan of the TOS Movies I didnt really take to the TNG characters all that much. The episode was a little weird and not 'action' enough for me. The next episode I watched was 'Ship in a Bottle'. I was very impressed. A lovely tale which I managed to work out even though holodecks were all new to me. Believe it or not, 'Genesis' was the next episode I watched. TNG was on 2 channels in my area though, and one was two seasons ahead of the other. So I started to watch episodes on the one that was behind and then watched all the repeats. It has remained my favourite series.

Encounter at Farpoint was the first on I watched. In england it was released on VHS first and my Farther rented it out. I remember he loaned it my next door nieghbour and the next day myself and my nieghbours son stood in our front gardens and discussed it for best part of five hours. and I was 12 at the time. and I've watched it ever since.

For me, was parrallels.. I think that's the name of it..

You know the one with a lot of dimensions in which Worf is the major character.

In one dimension, Data has blue eyes and in another, Deanna and Worf are married...

And yes, that means I've watch all 178 TNG episodes on reruns...

For me, was parrallels.. I think that's the name of it..

You know the one with a lot of dimensions in which Worf is the major character.

In one dimension, Data has blue eyes and in another, Deanna and Worf are married...

And yes, that means I've watch all 178 TNG episodes on reruns...

yes, your right about it being called parrallels. I loved that episode!

I've watched them all aswell

I'm not hat my first was though...I wad probably about one, just watching it with my dad, but I don't remember what it was about.

I have a vauge memory from when I was really really little. A bald man talking to a dark guy with a shiny sash and a funny forhead in front of a metel structure.

That's all I remember.

My dad would watch it with me when I was an infant, so I don't remember much :)

My sister and I watched Encounter at Farpoint the first night it aired. We had already bought the action figures before the show even started. :)

Well, it's hard to say. I remember watching it sometimes with my parents when I was young. I seem to remember bits and pieces of "Schisms," Phantasms," and "Up the Long Ladder." I distinctly remember asking my mom why there were animals on the ship. I never watched it much but I knew most of the characters' names and some alien races and even the name of the ship.

The first one I remember that got me interested in Star Trek was one I watched when I was older, "Elementary, Dear Data." That's the one that got me hooked on Star Trek. It was so philosophical, and I couldn't get to sleep that night because I was thinking too hard. ^-^

My first ep. was encounter at fairpoint the first night it aired. I rember be excited because my brother has bought the video tape of star trek four and it had a preview of next gen on it. Even though the preview had mostly star trek movie footage but it was still great.

Stardate:213460.9

Mine was Decent part one when it first aired.I thought at first both Soong brothers were bad guys.I think thats what first got me interrested in Data.The way he acted.

Conspiracy. The ending scared the crap out of me at the time. Looking back on it now, it's hard to believe I thought it was so realistic looking back then. (Of course, I didn't have me glasses back then so I'm constantly surprised when I find how bad things really looked back then. My eyesight was pretty bad).

Encounter at Far Point, the first time it aired. The high point for me was McCoy's appearance. I found fault with the rest of it because I was convinced nothing could ever replace TOS. I grew to love it over the years though.

The first one I remember was "The Battle" right out of season 1. I have been hooked on everything trek ever since!

The first episode I saw was "Deja vu" I liked it a lot... Though it has nearly the same scenes so many times.

Mrs. Captain Picard

"Where Silence Has Lease" I was 11 and I'll never forget it. :laugh: It was also my first introduction to on screen Star Trek as well. Ironically, I read a book first a couple of weeks before that. And I've been hooked ever since. ;)

Watched it from first episode Encounter at far point to end episode All Good things but not my fave episodes though.

The first episode of TNG that I watched was Encounter at Farpoint. It was a big deal first episode and my dad made sure that we had nothing to do so we could watch it togeather. After that I've seen every episode of TNG and loved everyone of them still watch the re-runs on TNN.