Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

The Muse

What rating would you give "The Muse"?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Muse"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

2. The farcical wedding of Odo and Lwaxana was nice, but Troi should have made more jokes about Odo's marital duties just to irritate him, cuz that's what she did best.

The Jake story was ok, but the psionic being just seemed like a stupid idea. Didn't care for it at all.

I really like the 'B' story in this episode, where pregnant Lwaxana Troi shows up to enlist Odo's help in protecting her from her estranged husband, more than the main storyline about a mysterious alien woman who victimizes Jake to harvest his creative energy.

Lwaxana has gone and got married to Jeyal and miraculously becomes pregnant. The catch is that the child is male and according to the husband's tradition, any male child will be raised exclusively by males. All children are not even aware there is an opposite sex until the age of 16. :laugh: Odo discovers that in order to divorce her current husband she need only marry someone else. But there's a catch there, too, because the new husband must convince everybody, including the former husband, that he is sincere in his desire to marry her and that he loves her. Odo is successful in convincing Jeyal of his sincere intentions, but almost starts believing it himself. In typical Lwaxana fashion, after the ceremony she tells Odo she is leaving for Betazed to have her child. She expresses her love for Odo but is also convinced that he will never love her as she loves him.

Lwaxana is a beloved character, carried over from TNG, and she should have had the major emphasis in this episode. Instead we get the 'Jake gets in over his head and has to be rescued' storyline which is not nearly as interesting as the Lwaxana/Odo storyline. IMO!

So, anyway, I gave it a 4. :hand: