Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Hard Time

What rating would you give "Hard Time"?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Hard Time"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Season: 4

Episode No: 491

Episode Name: Hard Time

Director: Alexander Singer

Teleplay By: Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Story By: Daniel Keys Moran & Lynn Barker

Original Air Date: 04-15-1996

PDVD_136.JPG

Miles O'Brien is arrested for espionage by the Argrathi and convicted for the crime. His sentence is to spend 20 years in one of their prisons.

The way the Argrathi prison system works is by implanting memories into the minds of their prisoners that will make them believe they were incarcerated for many years when in fact they have only been in custody for only a matter of a couple of hours. Chief O'Brien must nor reintegrate back into his real life on DS9. Druring his "years" in the prison his only friend was Ee'char, his cell mate. Now that he is back on DS9 Miles continues to see Ee'char in places around DS9, though no one else can see him.

PDVD_131.JPG

PDVD_171.JPGPDVD_182.JPG

PDVD_199.JPGPDVD_200.JPG

Cast:

Avery Brooks as Captain Benjamin Sisko

Rene Auberjonois as Odo

Michael Dorn as Worf

Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax

Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Armin Shimerman as Quark

Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir

Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys

Guest Cast:

Margot Rose as Rinn

Craig Wasson as Ee'char

[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b] B) :lol: Irealydont have much of a opinione of the show

Excellent. I really love the 'torture Miles' episodes and this one is no exception. Extremely well-acted by Colm Meaney. He was able to portray a totally different Miles O'brien. I loved it.

I remember that one, as well. A unique ep. Curiously, I just saw a movie with Craig Wasson in it last weekend, ''Last Stop'' or something, starring Scott Glenn as a rougue CIA 'marksman', who goes off the reservation, to kill someone he felt betrayed him....Craig was a writer who got caught up in it all...

The idea doesn't make any sense. You can give someone 20 or so years of memories, but you can't make him 20 years older. The mind will know something is up with that and will quickly figure out that those years didn't really happen.

If someone goes "in" when he is 20 and gets 20 years of memories the result is not a 40-year old. He will still have the body of a 20-year old.

Deep Space Nine is my favorite series, but there are episodes that I skip ... anything with Miles in peril and off on his own is a "skipper" for me. So I give this one a 2. I love Colm Meaney and Miles is a great character, but I typically prefer it when the entire ensemble is "together" or at least two or three of them involved in the main story. I feel the same way about most "Jadzia in love" episodes pre-Worf relationship.