Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Enterprise

It's always easier to be negative, but i thought i'd start a thread and see if some of the other star trek fans who mostly disliked Enterpise could list Postitives about the series.

I think the concept started out really great, and B&B succeeded in giving us a really cool show targeted at more mature audiances. More Nudity, more action/violence, sexual situations, cursing.. next time I hope they go further and take Star Trek franchise and the viewers ..where they havent gone before. Jolene has a beautiful body, I wish I could have seen more of it.

The whole Visual Department did a great job, the sets were great.

I loved a lot of the orbiting scenes...where they oriented Enterprise correctly with the top of the ship toward the planet...was more realistic than the old (TOS) where they would orbit on edge.

Theme music perfect.

Those Andorian Antennae looked great.

The Actors did a great job(considering what they had to work with on paper)

Thank U..Manny Coto for giving us an excellent 4th season and thank you Brent Spiner for giving us an incredable 3part look at Dr Soong in the early years.

The SpaceSuits were really cool...so was the decon chamber but for different reasons of course. I wished they had used both more often.

Decon Jell( clear hair jell ) this stuff should have saved Enterprise...it's a cheap prop supply they should have bought it by the 55 gal drum.

Edited by headborg

It's always easier to be negative, but i thought i'd start a thread and see if some of the other star trek fans who mostly disliked Enterpise could list  Postitives about the series.

I think the concept started out really great, and B&B succeeded in giving us a really cool show targeted at more mature audiances. More Nudity, more action/violence, sexual situations, cursing.. next time I hope they go further and take Star Trek franchise and the viewers ..where they havent gone before.  Jolene has a beautiful body, I wish I could have seen more of it.

326743[/snapback]

Yes, more nudity, action/violence, sexual situations, and cursing are exactly what I'd like to see added and expanded in the next Star Trek series .... :look:

Are you being facetious? I am.

It's always easier to be negative, but i thought i'd start a thread and see if some of the other star trek fans who mostly disliked Enterpise could list  Postitives about the series.

I think the concept started out really great, and B&B succeeded in giving us a really cool show targeted at more mature audiances. More Nudity, more action/violence, sexual situations, cursing.. next time I hope they go further and take Star Trek franchise and the viewers ..where they havent gone before.  Jolene has a beautiful body, I wish I could have seen more of it.

326743[/snapback]

Yes, more nudity, action/violence, sexual situations, and cursing are exactly what I'd like to see added and expanded in the next Star Trek series .... :look:

Are you being facetious? I am.

327468[/snapback]

Negative on the facetious..sorry...i really liked the sexy new look of Enterprise, I'm NOT suggesting a x-rated version of Trek, but to compete for more mass market share(and thus stay on the air) and compete with BattleStar Galactica and other's the franchise will have to get down in the mud.......maybe with Orion Slavewomen Mud wrestling. TPTB had the right idea, they just didn't go far enough. I don't see why we can't have a Star Trek the stimulates both the Higher Brain functions with Award winning sci-fi themes, and Lower order stimulus with T&A, violence, action!

I am surprised - someone who liked that decon thing - imagine families allowed young children to watch ST because of its wholesome family values - and seeing that taking place - my god what a disaster.

As regards the theme tune - YUK - what a stupid song.

The actors did ok considering that the scripts were rubbish and the character profiles 2-D planks of wood with no humanity at all - making them dull and boring in the extreme. Look of you want to make a show like ENT everything from the top downwards must appeal to all - Archer never ever appealled to anyone and as such he was not the best character on the show - the point of the show was how he and his crew dealt with any problems they encountered but instead the best character was Shran - a character who was not a part of Starfleet and hence had more appeal than the Archer Character - the problem was he was also a peripheral character and they tried making more and more plots involving him.

Actually I hated the uniforms they should have looked more like the TOS uniforms and less like the TNG ones.

If you are going to do a soap opera in space then you have to do it better - no large numbers of two/three parrt shows - by the end there were nothing but these - a sign that the ideas had run dry and they were trying to make up the quota of 26 episodes for a season.

Overall it could have been done better - but they forgot the fallacy of pre-quels - everything will be alright in the end - there is no sense of mystery and hence no point watching.

I'm sorry but I want my kids to watch ST but I wont show them ENT for all the reasons you've listed - you cant show 2 characters smothering each other in gel - this is the paramount channel not the playboy channel - how would it look - god what a disgrace !!!!

That was the thing they forgot that ST is a family franchise not a nerd with a computer franchise - we want to watch ST together and some of the things we saw in ENT were too adult in nature and too complex for kids.

When you look at the time slot it was initially given you can tell the channels expected a solid family show instead they got a perverts version of trek not what we expected at all and hence not something they would watch at all or allow their children to watch.