Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Forge

What rating would you give "The Forge"?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Forge"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 083

Season: 4 Episode: 7

Air Date: 11.19.2004

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Robert Foxworth as V'Las

Vaughn Armstrong as Admiral Forrest

Gary Graham as Soval

Michael Reilly Burke as Koss

Michael Nouri as Arev

Larc Spies as Stel

Creative Staff:

Director: Michael Grossman

Written By: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens

The Earth Embassy is bombed, killing many people and a very close friend to Archer. The Vulcan High Command asks the Enterprise to help locate these terrorists. A left over bomb reveals Vulcan DNA, T'Pau's DNA to be exact, so the crew takes a trip to Vulcan.

"The Forge" is a very exciting episode full of interesting things, the embassy exploding and the Fire Storms for an example make this episode very exciting. It's good to see Ambassador Suval join the Enterprise and actually befriend the crew. The Katra and other Star Trek III: The Search for Spock references are made and to see a young T'Pau is another plus since we see her later in the original series episode "Amok Time".

***** out of *****

I'm breaking with those posting above me and giving it a 3.

Maybe its not fair, however this kicks off yet another 3 story arc. If there was one that could have been squeezed into the other 2, this is the one. Robert Foxworth as V'Las was terrible. He was the same charcater as Admiral Leyton from DS9. Only more emotional this time. How anyone could believe for one second he was a Vulcan is beyond me.

2646087173_617f54d719.jpg

I give it a 5. When I first saw this ep I was a bit saddened that one of my fave ENT characters Admiral Forrest had been killed off. I still don't like that they killed him off,but overall it was a good, heart touching story about Archer's loss of a close friend and mentor and I also liked how we see Soval demonstrate his friendship towards the Enterprise crew.

Excellent episode, the first of 3 parts that come together nicely to explain why the Vulcans are different than the Vulcans we're used to.

A little too talky, imo, story could have been told in just two episodes so my vote is It's Good.

Two of the reasons this was a good episode:

Written by: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens.

They were also executive story editors and co-producers on the fourth season of ENT.

Their novel Prime Directive is a favorite of one of the Trek relaunch movie authors; Roberto Orci.

Many popular Trek novels set in TOS, TNG, DS9, and ENT were also penned by this duo. They also collaborated with William Shatner on his series of novels set in the Trek Universe. Many comic series, young adult books, reference and technical manuals fill out their resume of contributions to Star Trek.

5 1/2 years after initially posting in this thread and I still have not changed my opinion regarding this ep - still a 5 star rating from me. Great ep !

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes

Sign in to follow this