36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite?

• History
    • Economics
    • Political Science
    • Psychology
    • Anthropology
    • Sociology

What was/is your favorite in the field of social science? Mine is Psychology. As much as I love the "hard" sciences - I truly love the social sciences. I wish I had gotten in more Sociology. I am not a fan of Economics.

+++++++++++ Edited

Ohhhhh Nooooooo..........The next post you see will be someone telling me I posted in the wrong forum. Time for bed.

I vote History. It is so fascinating to learn about our past and learn from our mistakes so hopefully future generations won't make them again. I have taken a course or two in most of the ones listed - Economics was okay, Political Science was fascinating at times, Pyschology was really interesting (my pysch prof started his first lecture by saying that the reason most people study pyschology was to find out what was wrong with themselves) and sociology was interesting too.

History by far. I grew up in a house that would discuss the Roman Empire and Egyptian archaeology before breakfast. You can imagine what the rest of the day was like! :)

Oh, i forgot to say...

I love the different Mythology... I think they explain a lot about how older society were seeing the nature and the phenomenon

History...almost minored in it, heck I still am thinking about doing that. Another one that I like that usually either gets isolated completely into its own subject area or jammed into history...is Humanities.

History. No doubt about it. I've always loved history, and it's my favorite subject right after math and sciences. I find it very interesting to learn about the past. My favorite is United States history. Especially the beginnings... from about colonial times to the Civil War. That's the best part. I just think it's amazing what all those people did to found my country and how far we've come. Most people from those time are some of my favorite figures in history.

Honestly, I think psycology is the most interesting out of the ones listed.

Ohhhhh Nooooooo..........The next post you see will be someone telling me I posted in the wrong forum.  Time for bed.

Not quite the next post...but this probably should be in The Voting Booth.

I have to go with Psychology. I took it in both HS and college. I loved it. Maybe Takara is right about why people study phsycology, myself I just liked understanding why people do the things they do.

I liked history a lot. It's really neat to learn about older cultures, etc. I also really liked Political Science (it was even my major for a short time).

I voted History.

An Art History professor once mentioned in a lecture that:

If one does not know history, he is doomed to repeat the failures of the past...

If one does not know art history, he is doomed to repeat the successes of the past.

How many times have we seen history's failures repeated?

I coudn't choose, I love them all (maybe not so much economics, though) so I null voted. I don't know what I'm gonna do about getting into University and choosing a major and deciding what I want to do when I grow up ARGH!! *runs away*

I voted for History but I like them all. Although, I haven't read that much in either one lately. Since graduating from College two years ago, I haven't done too much reading in history. I have been writing a little fan fiction though and reading other books for pleasure.

:rolleyes:

:blink: B) PSYCHOLOGY HERE! LOVE TO KNOW WHAT MAKE A PERSON TICK! THIS WAY IT KEEPS ME FROM :wacko:

History. Yillara and Lessa both know how I love to watch the History Channel. :)

I voted for political science though I study German and History... But I am very interested in political things and I choose this as my fave science :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I voted for Anthropology because it's one of two things that I need for Egyptology. I also need Archaeology.. But, it couldn't be there.

I am going to be a major in Psychology, I just love people and hearing them out. All sorts of problems I know I would be there for anyone, and give helpful advice.

History,by far.

I am a Civil War buff,and have participated in some re-enactments and such.I have a large collection of Civil War memorabillia (caps,flags,swords,prop guns,ball ammunition,etc)...

I suppose my interest in this period of American history got me equally interested in exploring all history....it just fascinates me to no end :(

I belong to a few Civil War clubs,and my mother and most of my sisters are active in the Daughters of the Confederacy...

:tear: Hurra for General Jackson!