Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Datalore

What rating would you give Datalore?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Datalore?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 1

Episode #: 12

Production #: 114

Episode Name: Datalore

Original Air Date: 01.18.88

The Enterprise makes a brief stop at the former science colony on Omicron Theta where Data was created and find that Data was not the only android created by Dr. Noonien Soong with the discovery of the disassembled lookalike. The android Lore is assembled aboard the Enterprise but it is soon discovered that Data and Lore are only alike in appearance.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Denise Crosby as Natasha "Tasha" Yar

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Brent Spiner as Data

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Brent Spiner as Lore

Biff Yeager as Argyle

Director: Robert Bowman

Teleplay By: Robert Lewin and Gene Roddenberry

Story By: Robert Lewin and Maurice Hurley

Related Items:

Omicron Theta

positronic brain

Crystalline entity

Tripoli, U.S.S.

AGP (Andolian Grand Premier)

champagne

Hokule'a-class starship

With the previous episode, this is where TNG began to show it's potential.

This episode was dark and sinister and Brent Spiner's performance was outstanding.

Lore was one of the best "villain" characters ever in Star Trek and this episode shows why.

I give this a rating of 5.

I am trying to do the voting without bias... I am being completely honest and serious in this.

I gave this episode a five, it was definately one of the if not THE best episode of season one. I like the fact that the whole "evil twin" scenario did not exactly play out to be same old tired equation that will occasionally pop up on tv and film. it had all the potental in the world to do just that, and it never actually did... made for very interesting TV (I guess that could be in large part due to how Brent decided to portray the twins.. then of course later the father, and long lost brother :P )

This episode was pretty good. It could've been better though. I don't understand though, how did Lore talk to the cloud/crystal dealy before he was even put together? For some things i didn't understand, but a pretty good story, i give it a 4

I don't know where to start so let me just say this - I LOVE LORE!!! As some of you may have read, the original concept was for Data to have a sister. Brent Spiner was the one who suggested the change and I know of many, many Trek fans who are happy that they did. Lore was a terrific character - sort of a mirror Data, so to speak.

I give this episode a 5, even with the "Wes saves the day" factor. Brent Spiner's performance and a great overall story is enough to make me forget about that "troublesome man child".

This one goton my nerves a little. I felt like strangling Lore. But the ending was a bit mis- leading...it all just stopped and the captain said nothing of it?

got on**

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

I really love this episode. The final battle sequence between Data and Lore is excellent. The only I hated was how the crew didn't believe Wes just because he was a child. They believe him on other episodes and they don't this time? Didn't like that part at all, almost made me hate Picard in this episode for a second. overall great, besides that part

***** out of *****

Sign in to follow this