Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Justice

What rating would you give Justice?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Justice?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 1

Episode #: 7

Production #: 109

Episode Name: Justice

Original Air Date: 11.09.87

The Enterprise visit to Rubicun III for shore leave goes awry when Wesley Crusher inadvertently breaks an Edo law and must be put to death. Picard must find a way to save Wesley without displeasing the Edo’s “God”.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Denise Crosby as Natasha "Tasha" Yar

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Brent Spiner as Data

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Brenda Bakke as Rivan

Jay Louden as Liator

Director: James L. Conway

Teleplay By: Worley Thorne

Story By: Ralph Wills and Worley Thorne

Related Items:

Rubicun

Rubicun III

Strnad

Edo

Bad bad bad episode.

YET again, Wesley Crusher is the centre of attention.

Yes, he's supposed to be the victim, but what about those poor little flowers he killed???

Doesn't anyone care about them??? :look:

I had to wonder why a super-awesome god machine would keep watch over a planet where the entire population basically does nothing but have sex all day.

Then again, maybe it's not so hard to understand. :look: :lol:

I give this episode a rating of 0

This was an ok episode, it could have been better though. I mean, if the kids knew that there was "bad" spots,and they knew the greenhouse thing was one of them, why would they play around there? It just doesnt make anysense. I, for one, would have let weasly almost get injected, just close enough to get him real scared, then beam him out. It would have taught him not to be such an imbecile. I give this episode a 2.

This episode was basically a morality play regarding absolutes. Encountering a civilization where everything was black or white, right or wrong – no room for interpretation or compassion, left Picard with few options. Break the Prime Directive or let Wes die. Unfortunately, at this stage of the series, there were already enough fans who wished Picard just let Wes die.

I, for one, really did enjoy this episode. Wesley doesn't bother me one bit which allows me to enjoy these episodes, a child prodigy doesn't bug me one bit. With the Prime Directive once again tested, it shows how it may not be a perfect Directive after all. This is probably one of my favorite episodes in season one

***** out of *****

Edited by Gamera

Strangely enough, I give it a 4. I appreciate the imagination in this one. A planet where this could really be so (utopian that is), and the questions of morality and all. I even felt a little sorry for Wes. Only a little though. The major drawback was the complete cop-out of calling the deity a legion of creatures. Why not just simply leave it unexplained and perhaps inexplicable?

I gave it a 3. It had its ups and downs.

Best lines:

RIVAN: And I welcome this huge one.

She gives him a long, sensual hug.

WORF: Nice planet.

And

EDO GIRL:I want to do something too . . . with you.

WESLEY: Uh . . . what?

EDO GIRL: It's something you can teach me. Will you?

WESLEY: Uh . . . well, actually, there are some . . . games . . . I don't quite know

Sign in to follow this