Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A Night in Sickbay

What rating would you give "A Night in Sickbay"?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "A Night in Sickbay"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 030

Season: 2 Episode: 5

Air Date: 10.16.2002

Mission Date: Unknown

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Vaughn Armstrong as Kreetassan Captain

Creative Staff:

Director: David Straiton

Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga

Related Items:

plasma injector

Kreetassans

While visiting a planet, Porthos contracts a disease that is possibly fatal, scared for his dog, Archer decides to sleep in sickbay to keep his doggy friend company.

Very cute episode, it’s mainly dedicated to the sick dog so it’s very easy to like this episode. But the side story about Archer having to apologize to the Kreetassans once again, only this time for Porthos doing his business on their sacred trees is also interesting because of the ceremony of apology he must perform. We also learn a great deal about Dr. Phlox’s past as he talks to Archer while the captain spends a sleepless night in sickbay.

“A Night in Sickbay” also has it’s comical side as Archer has to help the doctor catch his escaped bat. Archer puts up with a lot, Dr. Phlox clipping his toe nails and brushing his long tongue, and if that isn’t bad enough, Dr. Phlox discovers that Archer is sexually attracted to T’Pol, much to Archer’s embarrassment. With the side stories being excellent, this becomes fantastic.

***** out of *****

(What a funny ep! I do love it. I've watched it so often, I can't count how often. It always makes me smile.)

Cancel that - I should have read the guidelines first - sorry

Edited by Stardreamer

So what if it's a sitcommish episode? Not every episode has to be high-suspense. Even TOS did Trouble With Tribbles, which was supposed to be sitcommish. Funny episode that gives a nod to Porthos. I loved Phlox's eulogy during Archer's dream. It wasn't as funny as it could have been. They need to learn how to work a running gag into an episode a little bit better. Still, I had to give this a 5.

So what if it's a sitcommish episode? Not every episode has to be high-suspense.

Sitcoms and humor are not the same thing. Humor I have no problem with but I don't care for mindless, juvenile, drivel - one reason I don't watch sitcoms - that and they are increasingly crude, vulgar and so not funny.

Seeing McCoy trying to explain seeing a large white rabbit who was complaining about being late was funny - Archer acting liking an imbecile wasn't.

I didn't see it as Archer being an imbecile. Nothing really he did that was imbecilic, other than what he said to T'Pol. It was more a matter of stuff happening to him. A guy trying to get a good night's sleep, and stuff keeps happening to him. That's how I saw it, but to each their own.

From what I remember he took a dog with him on a first contact - that's pretty stupid until you know something about someone's culture. And then he let it pee on their trees. That is not smart behavior.

But you're right different strokes for different folks - I dont' like juvenile humor.

From what I remember he took a dog with him on a first contact - that's pretty stupid until you know something about someone's culture. And then he let it pee on their trees. That is not smart behavior.

But you're right different strokes for different folks - I dont' like juvenile humor.

lol I think that's why they repeatedly had Archer mention they had the specs, they could have said no, but they didn't. I got the impression that he was distracted... he didn't seem to know about it until T'Pol told him later.

Ah, but we're debating in the Episode Guide forum.... not supposed to be done here. Let's continue any further discussion in the appropriate forum.

Sign in to follow this