Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Where My Heart Will Take Me (Faith of the Heart)

Do You Like The Song?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like The Song?

• yes
    • no
    • I didn't use to, but I can at least tolerate it now
    • other

It's definitely different from the other themes, but I do like it. To me, it was very catchey and understandable. It's a more modern series so they wanted a more modern song. That's the way I always figured it since the series takes place in the 22nd century and we are in the 21st. Anyway, I like it and catch my self singing it every now and then. Good lyrics, even though the song wasn't written for the show.

I didn't like it mainly because it wasn't original. That song was already out there for several years. Its the same reason I didn't like the TNG music. They ripped it off from ST:TMP. They should come up with original stuff.

I Bought the Official Soundtrack CD of Enterprise including the Extended longer version of the opening Theme of the Show.

:dude: :( B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I love the song, both the original and the Enterprise version.

I Love the song, I personally like the Russell Watson version best both the extended and (cut for the intro) version...They wrote the opening themes of the series to fit with it, I guess, else they really did a great job of finding the perfect song to fit the theme of Vulcans having been holding Mankind back...and now Humans just stepping out on their own for the first time. I didn't care for the jazzed up version...They could have introduced different contemp songs from time to time with different intro video footage...i think that would have been different and interesting.

I Love the song, I personally like the Russell Watson version best both the extended and (cut for the intro) version...They wrote the opening themes of the series to fit with it, I guess, else they really did a great job of finding the perfect song to fit the theme of Vulcans having been holding  Mankind back...and now Humans just stepping out on their own for the first time.  I didn't care for the jazzed up version...They could have introduced different contemp songs from time to time with different intro video footage...i think that would have been different and interesting.

326430[/snapback]

Here's the way I see the Lyrics fitting with the theme of Enterprise, this was posted a couple years ago...

Click For Spoiler

I Love the song, I personally like the Russell Watson version best both the extended and (cut for the intro) version...They wrote the opening themes of the series to fit with it, I guess, else they really did a great job of finding the perfect song to fit the theme of Vulcans having been holding  Mankind back...and now Humans just stepping out on their own for the first time.  I didn't care for the jazzed up version...They could have introduced different contemp songs from time to time with different intro video footage...i think that would have been different and interesting.

326430[/snapback]

Here's the way I see the Lyrics fitting with the theme of Enterprise, this was posted a couple years ago...

Click For Spoiler
I added links to the songs in the poll so you can compare them.

Like most people that like the Old version I too like it better for the same basic reasons. It's way too upbeat for such a desperate mission. I think they got it backwards. The new version fits the theme of the first 2 seasons better as an up beat adventure kind of theme but the older version fits this more somber atmosphere of going out to hunt down the Xindi weapon.

As for the song in and of itself, I think the song fits the series very well. The lyrics fit the circumstances.

It's Been a Long Road Getting from There to Here.

Humanity has been through the eugenics wars, the third world war then the Vulcans held us back for 100 years with our Warp program but look where we are now... It's been a long road to get from there to here.

It's Been A Long Time, but my time is finally near When I will see my dream come alive at last, I will touch the sky.

Humanity has been striving for thousands of years to expand it's horizons, it's knowledge. Our time is nearing when our horizon will become infinite our knowledge will grow a hundred fold. humanity's dream for centuries has been to touch the sky, we will now seek new skies to touch.

And They're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not going to change my mind. Cause I've Got Faith of the Heart, I'm going where my heart will take me. I've Got Faith to believe I can do anything. I've got strength of the Soul and no one's gonna bend or break me. I can reach any star. I've Got Faith, I've got Faith, Faith Of The Heart.

The Vulcans won't hold us back any longer. We are ready to take our place in the galaxy, no matter what argument they give us. No matter how they try to play on our fears they won't deter us because we have something they don't. Something they can't understand. Something they dismiss as a weakness in humanity. We have "Faith Of The Heart" and by that it means that we allow our emotions and our instincts to guide us. We have the ability to see beyond logic, and that is a strength in our very soul. Because of that faith we have confidence that we can reach any star and no one will bend us, no one will break us.

That's what the song says to me. That's what I heard when I watched Broken Bow for the first time, and when I heard it I just said to myself "Wow, that's cool. That song fits so very well." It's a song, to me about humanities struggles. It's a song of triumph over those struggles, and now 3 years into it's mission humanity is on the brink of becoming a leader in the quadrant.

93912[/snapback]

326460[/snapback]

A Most Outstanding Post..both then and now.. very well written. So tell me, (1) Do you think they picked out the song and it inspired them to write the "early history" of Star Trek. or (2) Or one day, someone came in and said something like..."hey, I heard this really great song that will fit our Story really well.

LoL...which came first the Chicken or the Egg?

326430[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

326460[/snapback]

A Most Outstanding Post..both then and now.. very well written. So tell me, (1) Do you think they picked out the song and it inspired them to write the "early history" of Star Trek. or (2) Or one day, someone came in and said something like..."hey, I heard this really great song that will fit our Story really well.

LoL...which came first the Chicken or the Egg?

326465[/snapback]

Thanks.

I think it's probably something along the lines of #2. The song isn't a new one, Rod Stweart sang it some time ago so it wasn't written for the show at all. I think they (TPTB) were likely in search of something that told the story in the way they wanted it and in their search they found this song.

I've always liked it and I've always thought it was fitting to the series.

I have never liked the song. That first night when broken bow first aired I watched as the klingon was on earth and then the theme came on. I was like was is this I could not get patch adams(rods verson) out of my head. I guess I will never get used to a theme song with words in it unless its space the final frontier.

I haven't heard it, but the title seems nice. Can I listen to it online?

326352[/snapback]

here ya go :laugh: click on the link

Star Trek: Enterprise Theme Song

I just downloaded it myself, but I haven't heard it yet. I accidentally found this when I was looking to see if I could find it. :laugh:

326373[/snapback]

Oh I didn't know it was Enterprise....oh I think I know what song you are talking about now. *Waiting, Waiting, Waiting* Thank god for our Broadband! :clap::drool::laugh: I've been watching Enterprise more than ever now....oh I miss it! I want it back!

I just think that any movie or television show about space, be it Star Wars or Star Trek or any other space-themed show, needs to be instrumental/orchestral music. All of the other Trek shows/movies themes were instrumental, uplifting, and really painted a auditory picture.

Vocal and space does not mix. Quite frankly, the Enterprise theme song was one of the initial turn-offs for me, followed closely by the "prequel" nature of the show.

I haven't heard it, but the title seems nice. Can I listen to it online?

326352[/snapback]

here ya go :laugh: click on the link

Star Trek: Enterprise Theme Song

I just downloaded it myself, but I haven't heard it yet. I accidentally found this when I was looking to see if I could find it. :laugh:

326373[/snapback]

Oh I didn't know it was Enterprise....oh I think I know what song you are talking about now. *Waiting, Waiting, Waiting* Thank god for our Broadband! :drool::laugh::clap: I've been watching Enterprise more than ever now....oh I miss it! I want it back!

326704[/snapback]

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

(Think I posted this in the wrong topic earlier, whoops)

For the first few episodes of 'Enterprise' I really didn't like the theme song and thought they should have stuck with the instrumental like they had with the other series but after a while it gre on me and I started to really like it. Still prefer the instrumentals though.

I just think that any movie or television show about space, be it Star Wars or Star Trek or any other space-themed show, needs to be instrumental/orchestral music.  All of the other Trek shows/movies themes were instrumental, uplifting, and really painted a auditory picture. 

Vocal and space does not mix.  Quite frankly, the Enterprise theme song was one of the initial turn-offs for me, followed closely by the "prequel" nature of the show.

326873[/snapback]

Does that mean you didn't like the Buck Rogers song, or Flash Gordon?

327211[/snapback]

:look: Never watched either one of those, so I couldn't say whether I liked the theme songs or not.

327211[/snapback]

:look: Never watched either one of those, so I couldn't say whether I liked the theme songs or not.

327413[/snapback]

I have an mp3 of the Buck rogers theme with lyrics. If you want, I can email it to you.

327211[/snapback]

:P Never watched either one of those, so I couldn't say whether I liked the theme songs or not.

327413[/snapback]

I have an mp3 of the Buck rogers theme with lyrics. If you want, I can email it to you.

327486[/snapback]

Hey, why not? Thanks.

327211[/snapback]

:P Never watched either one of those, so I couldn't say whether I liked the theme songs or not.

327413[/snapback]

327486[/snapback]

Hey, why not? Thanks.

327636[/snapback]

No problem. Just pm me your email address, and I'll send it out asap B)

Well, I checked out the theme songs for Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. I liked Flash Gordon's theme song, probably because I loved Queen. Their material was always very operatic, which is closer to orchestral than your run of the mill pop song. Plus, Flash Gordon is a cartoon character, so I'll cut 'em a little slack for not going the orchestral route.

Buck Rogers theme song was a little too "Love Boat" for a space show, but considering the time and the lack of taste during the 70's/early 80's ....

I just think that we have all matured so much since the 1970s and using a "pop music" sounding theme song for a Star Trek series was a bad move. We're all smart enough to "get" instrumental music and the stuff written for past series was quite simply wonderful. Jerry Goldsmith, Dennis McCarthy, etc. etc. really knew how to paint the right picture.

The one thing I have to say about the buck rogers theme was that the start of the show music only has words for a intro and the end music has words but was never played for the show. So IMHO I really don't think old buck and be counted as a theme song with words.

The one thing I have to say about the buck rogers theme was that the start of the show music only has words for a intro and the end music has words but was never played for the show.  So IMHO I really don't think old buck and be counted as a theme song with words.

327790[/snapback]

Far Beyond this World I know,

Far Beyond my time,

What kind of world,

Am I going to find.

Will it be real?

Or Just in my Mind.

They played it at the end of the Movie(primere) and at the end of the series. I can remember it from 20years ago. So it must have left some kind of impression.

The one thing I have to say about the buck rogers theme was that the start of the show music only has words for a intro and the end music has words but was never played for the show.  So IMHO I really don't think old buck and be counted as a theme song with words.

327790[/snapback]

Far Beyond my time,

What kind of world,

Am I going to find.

Will it be real?

Or Just in my Mind.

They played it at the end of the Movie(primere) and at the end of the series. I can remember it from 20years ago. So it must have left some kind of impression.

327814[/snapback]

I have the mp3, if you want it.

327790[/snapback]

Far Beyond my time,

What kind of world,

Am I going to find.

Will it be real?

Or Just in my Mind.

327814[/snapback]

I have the mp3, if you want it.

327869[/snapback]

Sure beam it up to : headborg2000@yahoo.com

Thanks