Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Klingon Escape-Pods?

First I want to say, this is the only gripe I can really find with all of season 4(since I'm ignoring the existence of TATV)

IMO, Klingons would never build escape pods into the design of any WarShip...it would just be dis-honorable IMO. I understand the writers needed a way to get Dr Soong off the ship...but they could have worked alittle harder.

I don't think it's too implausible. If the ship malfunctioned somehow or something natural occured in space to disrupt normal functions aboard the ship and life support was somehow affected then they would need to evacuate. Going down with the ship because of a malfunction would hardly be considered an honourable death. It would be idiotic for Klingons not to prepare for such an eventuality and Klingons are not idiots.

Wasn't it said: (in Sleeping Dogs I think) "Klingons don't USE escape pods"? Later Archer uses an escape pod proving that honorable or not they do exist. At least Klingons engineers have a lick of sense. :dude:

Must have a look at Klingon ship schematics and see what I can find.

I'm sorry to have to say this but unless you find a schematic that includes updated information which includes new data from ENT (canon) the schematic is worthless now.

I know we all thought Klingons would not have escape pods but Klingons having escape pods or not was never established as canon fact in any latter series that I can remember hearing, ENT however does.

Edited by Alterego

The Klingons in Archer's time as well as Kirk's time were not concerned with honor. That came later when the followers of Kahless gained power and his teachings became Gospel.