Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Bread and Circuses

What rating would you give "Bread and Circuses"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Bread and Circuses"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

I wonder if this one was written to appease the hate mail Roddenberry must have gotten for their continual bashing of religion. Nonetheless, religion actually plays a much downplayed role in this once, despite its necessary permeation throughout the episode. Logan Ramsey plays the villainous roles well. He also plays a corrupt colonel in an episode of M*A*S*H. Anyhoo, I loved the blending of Roman totalitarianism with modern day situations. Somehow, this applies VERY well to today. The gladiator show reminded me SO MUCH of reality television of today. Blended together so well. I have to give this episode a 5.

This was a great episode. Even though we have the cliche of yet another Starfleet Captain gone astray (Capt. Merrick), at least he somewhat redeemed himself at the end. Notice also that Kirk didn't protest a bit when he was provided a slave girl to bed down with.....lol. You know, despite Kirk's reputation, this is only one of the very few episodes that showed him actually having sex.

Sign in to follow this