Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Series DVDs

With all 7 seasons of TNG out on DVD and DS9's season 2 about to be released, I'm wondering how many of you have bought some or all of them. For anyone who has both TNG and DS9 DVDs, how do the special features compare?

I have all 7 seasons of TNG and they are worth every cent I spent for them. They are the most watched DVDs in our collection. :)

I have season 1,2,4 and 6 of TNG. I will get the last season of DS9 when it comes out for my husband who loved the last season. I think i will get some of the tohers seasons of it for me. and of course the rest of TNG

So far I only have season 3 of TNG, which I finished watching last night thank you very much! It took me less than a week to get through season 3 and I have to give the DVD's 5 stars! I really want to get all of the DS9 sets but I think I need to get a raise first....

I have Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of TNG. I skipped the first two seasons, cause, well, they weren't the best. Eventually I hope to have them all, but that will take awhile.

I have Season 1 of DS9 and I WANT THEM ALL!!!! :lol:

I have Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of TNG.  I skipped the first two seasons, cause, well, they weren't the best.  Eventually I hope to have them all, but that will take awhile.

I have Season 1 of DS9 and I WANT THEM ALL!!!!    :lol:

Seasons 1 and 2 do have some real gems though. The Measure of a Man, Q Who, etc. are great. I bought the TNG DVDs the day they were each released. The hardest thing was waiting the months in between releases when they started in season 3 doing the first of 2 parts as season finales. It was almost as hard as when they were originally aired to wait for the next season to come out.

I have Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of TNG.  I skipped the first two seasons, cause, well, they weren't the best.  Eventually I hope to have them all, but that will take awhile.

I have Season 1 of DS9 and I WANT THEM ALL!!!!    :wow:

Seasons 1 and 2 do have some real gems though. The Measure of a Man, Q Who, etc. are great. I bought the TNG DVDs the day they were each released. The hardest thing was waiting the months in between releases when they started in season 3 doing the first of 2 parts as season finales. It was almost as hard as when they were originally aired to wait for the next season to come out.

NO KIDDING!! Like I said I only have season 3 and well I watched The Best of Both Worlds Part 1 last night! I have no idea how long it's going to be until I'll have enough money to get season 4. At least I know how it turns out in the end. I can remember how long the summer was when it first came out. Every day me and my brother would take guesses as to what was going to happen to Picard.

Guest Ktrek

I have all the TNG and seasons 1 &2 of DS9,not to mention I have all 40 volumes of TOS, on DVD. I think the quality of DS9 and the features are as good or better than TNG. I have a large screen TV and it seems to me that DS9 has a slightly better video quality than TNG. Perhaps they used a different company for the encoding. Working my way through the DS9 episodes has really been fun. I think I actually like the first season better than I did when they first aired. There were so many story arcs that continued right through the series seen even in the first season. I have to say though, that DS9 is my favorite Trek show. I wish they would consider doing a DS9 movie but I guess I'll just have to settle for the DS9 re-launch books which, if you have not read them are VERY good.

Ktrek

Edited by Alterego

I have all of the season of TNG on DVD and currently only have season one of DS9, but today I plan to buy season 2. I really like them and think that they are wroth it. Of course it puts a whole in my pocket (and everyone’s), but it is worth forgoing some other extra activity and putting that money into the DVD sets.

I think in general the entire behind the scenes are great! According to reviews of the second season of DS9 has good behind the scenes. And that’s good. It was just that the first season’s behind the scenes seemed like they could have been better, but hopefully this will make up.

Ktrek I think the DS9 quality of the video might be better because TNG is older.

If I do compare ...season 6 of TNG and season 1 of DS9 them seem about the same. (At least to me)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

i dont have any. they are waaaaaaaaay too expensive and im only 16 without a job so i cant afford them. how are the special features?

My advice is this: Have your parents by season 1 of each tv series you want season sets for! Then work hard and earn the rest on your own, or have your parents lay them away at Wal-Mart (which is what I do! :) )

In time, you will EVENTUALLY collect the season sets. The video & audio is EXCELLENT and the special features rock! There seams to be 4 or so per a season set, but they are excellent!

I have the 40 DVD of TOS and all seasons of TNG, all are very best.

I am starting to collect and DS9 but not when it release but after all

season finished and then all the on line stores have offers for it.

I like to say that the TNG box set start with 75 lire (120 euro) and now

on some site with special offers you can buy some season at 55 lire (90 euro) and less...

Now the DS9 start with 60 lire (100 euro) and probably on the future some

special offers has the box sets with 40-45 lire (70 euro).

That because i thing DS9 is not better series than TNG or VOY or ENTERPRISE!!!

I own all of TNGs seasons...Indy shame on you! :) owning seasons 1 and 2 is what makes owning 3-7 even better! I can't wait till they release DS9 in a box set..That I will buy for sure!

I have the 40 DVD of TOS

:) How on Earth did you afford that???

TOS - 40 volumes - 3 seasons - $800

TNG - 7 season sets - $700

You got ripped off man! I'm waiting for TOS season sets, and that's A OK, becuase it's taking me forever to collect TNG & DS9 on DVD! :)

:) I just got season one and two for ds9 and i have to agree with ktrek. working my way thru this first season again after only seeing it when it first aired, it was like it was all new again and i have loved it!

Picard, that was a great idea about the lay away!

I can't wait for season three to come out! i should have enough allowance to be able to get it then!

I have 1, 5, qnd 6 of TNG (aabout to get 2), but I'm hoping for all of them, eventually. I can't wait for VOY DVDs, and I AM planning on getting DS9 (I'm not hoocked on it yet, but I can feel it starting, if you know what I mean). But TNG first! (do they have DVDs of the original?)

I only own season seven pn DVD ( I'm poor and still saving up to get all of them though) but a video store right near me has them all and I rent them all the time cause my TVs currently broken :D

The DVDs are so cool! If you don't have them, or you've never seen them you really should!!!

I think it could be a while (a long long long while) before I get season 2, though...

BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ive got TNG seasons 4 and 5 on DVD. Got em for Christmas, im poor and it will prob be my B-day before i get another. Heh.. but I am proud to say that I have all of Season 1 and most all of Season 2 of Enterprise on DVD.... Yep Made em myself and they are pretty cool. So at least I wont have to wait 15 years for them to come out on DVD hehe.

I have all TNG and will have all of DS9 by the end of the. I don't plan to get Voyager next year, nor Enterprise because they are series I don't care if I see again or not, and its expensive. I am getting TNG and DS9 because they are my 2 favorite series.

I ordered TNG Season 6 online the other day- and I don't even have a DVD Player! I blame this site-the forums have renewed an ambition to have my own copies of the seasons..... I'll have to lay away a little bit each week and be patient... and remember that a trip to Antarctica is my main ambition not just to own Star Trek DVD's....

Pity we can't pool all the DVD's into a communal library and share the cost! :angry:

UPDATE: Season 6 TNG arrived today....still don't have a player! :martok:

I only have season 2 of DS9, although I am trying to save for season 1. (And eventually the others) I will also probably get TOS one of these days.

I'm actually saving for a trip to England and Scotland next year - DS9 is on the back burner...although I visit that burner often in my head. :martok:

TNG Season 6 has arrived- blew me away- the picture is so clear and the sound- blew me out of my seat! Enjoying catching up on episodes which I haven't seen yet. Oh No! I think collecting the DVDs could become very addictive! :idea: