Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

And the Children Shall Lead

What rating would you give "And the Children Shall Lead"?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "And the Children Shall Lead"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 060

Season: 3 Episode: 4

DVD Disc: 1

Air Date: 10.11.1968

Stardate: 5029.5

Official review not yet available.

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Walter Koenig as Pavel Andreievich Chekov

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Guest Cast:

Melvin Belli as Gorgan

Craig Hundley as Tommy Starnes

James Wellman as Professor Starnes

Pamelyn Ferdin as Mary Janowski

Eddie Paskey as Mr. Leslie

Brian Tochi as Ray Tsingtao

Creative Staff:

Director: Marvin Chomsky

Written By: Edward J. Lakso

A 2. But a softer two than the one I gave for the Vaal episode. This one just wasn't that good because it left way too many questions unanswered. What was Gorgan? How could children that far into life not remember their parents all that much? etc. etc. Just a lacking episode overall.

A truly horrible episode. Ranks right up there with "Spock's Brain". Gorgon was bad enough but to have him played by someone who had never acted before was ridiculous. He was played by the famous lawyer Melvin Belli. He might have been a good trial lawyer but he was a horrible actor. An interresting sidenote. Even though it isn't canon, one of the Trek novels involving Q had several of the "all-powerful" creatures seen in Trek in it, including Gorgon, that light thingy from the Kang episode plus the being from Trek V. I've forgotten the title of it but it was a good book.

The Gorgon was the ultimate form of evil in the universe A TRIAL LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What amazes me is how bad of an actor Belli is, if you have spent as much time as I have in court observing lawyers (no not as a defendant!!!!! but as a paralegal student) you would see some oscar worthy performances.

I have seen better writing from high school remedial english students. How Paramount and NBC could have approved that script is beyond me. The worst of Gilligan's Island was better. Gilligan's Island was meant to be funny.

This episode ranks in the bottom 3 alongside Spock's Brain and The light's of Zetar. :)

Sign in to follow this