Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Doomsday Machine

What rating would you give "The Doomsday Machine"?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Doomsday Machine"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

This wasn't a great episode. I voted a 4, but it's a weak four, very strong 3. That's about where it is for me. Terrific acting from William Windom as Decker. And Doohan. A little predictable, and that's what hurt it for me. I would think though, that with it incapacitated, they'd have tried to destroy it completely, lest it be able to repower itself.

This is my alltime favorite Trek episode out of all the series! What really stood out in this episode was the musical score. It was fantastic and really gave the episode an "epic" type of feel. The NewVoyages group did a really good sequel to this episode entitled "In Harms Way" where Decker actually survived. I would reccomend watching this.

William Windom's performance as Commodore Decker is waaaaaaaaay over the top, but necessary in order to portray the type of crazed and obsessive starship commander necessary for this ep. The fx are a bit cheesy(looks like a giant ice cream cone attacking them), but the acting is superb as is the story which was based in part at least on Melville's Moby Dick.

One of the best TOS episodes! The acting was awesome & the writing was superb. I think, for 60's SF, the FX were pretty good. Judged by todays standards though, they could've been better.

gave it a 5.

One of the best episodes in my opinion up there with The Enterprise Incident and The City on the Edge of Forever

It (the extra-galactic planet killer) was made of pure Neutronium! How could they destroy it??!!!

Sign in to follow this