Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Mirror, Mirror

What rating would you give "Mirror, Mirror"?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Mirror, Mirror"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

I gave it a four. Y'know, how do you make an evil Spock, really? That requires emotional motivators which he simply lacked, and merely just didn't want to get shot. Liked the Captain's girl...nice how the good Spock managed to keep things in their universe steady. Security chief Sulu? Wowsers. lol A nice little episode overall.

A great episode! The start of the whole Mirror Universe saga!

Very well written and acted.

Another classic TOS episode, which introduces the mirror universe that is revisited in later series. An interesting look at alternate universe's. Barbara Luna as Marlene Moreau delivers a great performance as the mirror universe's Captain's woman. The many imperial Starfleet special touches - the logo, the daggers, the salutes, the agonizer, the booth - are intriguing. As mentioned above the bearded alternate Spock plays a crucial role, along with Lt. Moreau, in returning "our" crew back to the Enterprise where they belonged. There is some clever dialogue too. One of my favorite TOS episodes.

Barbara Luna also recently acted in the NewVoyages episode "In Harms Way", a sequel to "The Doomsday Machine".

Wait... if mirror universe Archer captured the Defiant (NCC-1764 which is 100 years more advanced than the NX class) from the Tholian space dock, shouldn't mirror universe technology be much greater (and, yes I did watch "A Mirror Darkly" parts I&II and I know the mirror Hoshi poisoned the mirror Archer and became empress of the Terran Empire, but that's irrelevant to my point)

Edited by Dimitry Badinov

Sign in to follow this