Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Devil in the Dark

What rating would you give "The Devil in the Dark"?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Devil in the Dark"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Ugh. Can we say predictable? When you figure out what the silicon modules are while they're still on the Enterprise, the whole episode is shot. Nimoy does well with the acting but honestly....that's all there really was to it. 2

I thought it was a decent episode. It proved the point that just because something doesn't look humanoid doesn't mean its not intelligent. I agree that Nimoy did a great job with this one.

I've always enjoyed this episode. The idea of a silicon-based life form very different from other life forms thus far encountered was an intriguing concept. The miners unaware of the indiginous life form was interesting. I've always enjoyed the classic line "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!" The mind meld between the Horta and Spock was also a classic. The communication by the horta by burning a message into the rock was also very cool. Nimoy did a great job. I definitely recommend this episode.

But it started the trend of Spock being able to mind meld with any damn thing he wanted to, even without physical contact, through walls, even things that don't have a mind or, as with the DIGITAL representation of Ilia as the 50 foot woman, aren't even physical objects.

Sign in to follow this