Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Mudd's Women

What rating would you give "Mudd's Women"?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Mudd's Women"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 004

Season: 1 Episode: 6

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 10.13.1966

Stardate: 1329.1

Review not available

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Guest Cast:

Roger C. Carmel as Harry Mudd

Karen Steele as Eve McHuron

Susan Denberg as Magda Kovacs

Maggie Thrett as Ruth Bonaventure

Gene Dynarski as Ben Childress

Creative Staff:

Director: Harvey Hart

Teleplay By: Stephen Kandel

Story By: Gene Roddenberry

Related Items:

class-J cargo ship

lithium crystals

Harcourt Fenton Mudd

Magda

Strange, I thought I'd had a review posted on this one. I gave this one a 4. Carmel does a wonderfully dynamic job of acting on this one. The restoration of beauty when the woman hadn't actually taken the pill was a little hokey, but it was meant with a good intent. Mudd episodes are always fun.

I loved it, but then again, I loved a vast majority of TOS. So, I guess that I'm not impartial. :biggrin:

Harry Mudd was the classic villian that you love to hate. This episode was great. I understand that the NewVoyages group will be using the character in one of their upcoming episodes. I believe that JG Hertzler will be playing him of all people!

The reason I say more women please, as I never felt there was a balance with men and women within star trek.

Some strange reason, with any of the series there are only two women. With TOS, only two and in minor roles. TNG, was three then went down to two. With DS9, Voyager, only two strong women and the minor bit players.

Voyager did have a strong character of women with the Captain and Seven of Nine. Still, it is hard to say that Seven was a strong character with the way her bust was displayed to the public.

Kes and Torris were strong in their own rights, but Kes was removed but not killed and Torris just blended into the background she was not noticed unless you wanted a woman to be upset.

With OTS, there were only one main woman and that was still a mild part to only be on the bridge or in a supporting role. There was the nurse, but she was so pointless she was just like an extra.

TNG, true there was the doctor and the I can feel you pain girls. Still, they were needed in supporting roles for the men they never interacted to a great deal with each other.

DS9, Kira and Jadzia did talk with each other. Other then that, they were needed to be in a supporting role for the men. Would have to say Kira and Jadzia did interact with each other but that was never really the point of a story line. Thinking about it, Leeta had a nice role but was limited. Sisko's wife, she was fine as a submissive woman. With Ezri Dax, with only one year to build her character to a level she would be important to the star trek universe -- it did spend a great deal of time with her. Shame in a way, as Kira and Ezri had very little interaction with each other then the second show and only for a minute of air time.

Enterprise was a little different. T'Pol did get a great deal of air time and in a very strong role. Hoshi was a little odd, but she was strong in her own little way. It is nice that a very small built frame woman can be so powerful in her own way. Not needing a big body or the bust to make a strong statement. Still, very little interaction between Hoshi and T'Pol.

Strange in a way, with Enterprise that had Hoshi and T'Pol interacting with each other the most is when they had to be in that decom room. Strange, Hoshi oiling down T'Pol back as T'Pol oiling down Archer and Archer oiling down his dog.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a star ship with a female Captain and a female first officer. Now that would be a blast.

It has taken me watching this episode about five times before I actually liked it. The episode is really good, but the "You either believe in yourself, or you don't" thing was and still is kind of lame. I give it a 4 out of 5, which is a better score than I would have given it after the first time I watched the episode

Sign in to follow this